• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD not allowing DVDshrink to see the d: drive

Joshua Waters

I have been using DVDshrink to copy my discs and it will no longer work. When I open the d: drive using DVDshrink to analyze the disc, it says "failed to read file "D:\"". This just started with the latest version 8.2.4.0. I just loaded 8.2.4.6 and it still does the same thing. Let me know if you need any additional information.

I have been using DVDshrink to copy my discs and it will no longer work. When I open the d: drive using DVDshrink to analyze the disc, it says "failed to read file "D:\"". This just started with the latest version 8.2.4.0. I just loaded 8.2.4.6 and it still does the same thing. Let me know if you need any additional information.
D:\ isn't a file that's a drive letter. Then there's the issue that DVDshrink is severely outdated, and development stopped years ago. It can't handle modern protection mechanisms on-the-fly. Any time you're using that thing, it's recommended to rip to HDD first, then feed THAT rip into shrink. Usually works just fine then.

Not an AnyDVD problem

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Last edited:
D:\ isn't a that's a drive letter. Then there's the issue that DVDshrink is severely outdated, and development stopped years ago. It can't handle modern protection mechanisms on-the-fly. Any time you're using that thing, it's recommended to rip to HDD first, then feed THAT rip into shrink. Usually works just fine then.

Not an AnyDVD problem

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks. I will try to rip to the hard drive first and see how it works.

Thanks. I will try to rip to the hard drive first and see how it works.
I have been using DVDshrink for many years and it has always worked perfectly. I have always ripped to the hard drive then open in Shrink. Never a problem. Good luck

I have been using DVDshrink for many years and it has always worked perfectly. I have always ripped to the hard drive then open in Shrink. Never a problem. Good luck

I still use it often. The DVD Standard is even OLDER than Shrink - LOL
I check the box in AnyDVD "show information window for new media"
If AnyDVD reports "found and removed structural copy protections!" then I rip it first.
The rest still work like they ever did.
-W

Have you tried it with more than one disc. Sometimes shrink just won't work with some discs under anydvd.

Those "some discs" are discs that are protected by "Structural Protection", as i said. Usually works fine with all the others. But lets just wait till the OP comes back

Back