• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

any freeware utils to playback CPRM (copy protected recordable media ) files? *.vro

nippon

Hi ,anyone knows about freeware utils to playback CPRM (copy protected recordable media ) files? *.vro

(CPRM is commonly used in Japan with all their DVD\HDD recorders , when recording TV or (any media files like home video) onto recordable DVD-R disks)

unfortunatly I am in australia now and don't have access to the DVD\HDD player I did all my recordings in japan with.

I thought Anydvd software would work but it doesn't seem to.
I tried cyberlink powerdvd V7 get this warning "this content is protected by COPP. You cannot play COPP-protected content.

COPP = Certified Output Protection Protocol (described in http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=13699)...

I didn't realise HDD/DVD players were doing this in Japan , as in Australia it's no where near as "complex"...TV shows can be recorded onto DVD's and played back on anything

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm sorry. I don't know of anything that will help you at this time. Anydvd, currently, doesn't offer what you need.

Hi ,anyone knows about freeware utils to playback CPRM (copy protected recordable media ) files? *.vro

(CPRM is commonly used in Japan with all their DVD\HDD recorders , when recording TV or (any media files like home video) onto recordable DVD-R disks)

unfortunatly I am in australia now and don't have access to the DVD\HDD player I did all my recordings in japan with.

I thought Anydvd software would work but it doesn't seem to.

Hi there,

I'm sorry, but so far there doesn't seem to be a real demand for this, so besides the trouble we'd have to go through with getting some equipment that does this encryption for testing, it's not really worth it.

cprm plackback on dvd player software (DVD RECORDED DISCS) (windows) (PC)

Nothing Post

Last edited:
I tried cyberlink powerdvd V7 get this warning "this content is protected by COPP.

I tried cyberlink powerdvd V7 get this warning "this content is protected by COPP. You cannot play COPP-protected content.

COPP = Certified Output Protection Protocol (described in http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=13699)...

I didn't realise HDD/DVD players were doing this in Japan , as in Australia it's no where near as "complex"...TV shows can be recorded onto DVD's and played back on anything

Stripping CPRM encryption

I was in the much the same boat as you Nippon - I tried everything everyone else suggested including DVD Decryptor, AVS Video Converter, VideoRedoTV, TMC and VOBTools but nothing works at all with these Japanese files. I am sure somebody will tell me there is an easier way to do this, but I tried almost everything there was. Here is the only way I was able to get it to work:

First you need to download the following files:
  cprm2free,cprmgetkey
  c2dec
  relCPRM v0.0.664

None of these programs require an install, although if you dont have Microsoft Visual C++ on your machine you may need it or you could have environement issues. Its free to download here http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/dl/win95/util/se390159.html

The last couple things you need are BZ Binary Editor
and this Dummy DLL called LERNEL.DLL

are you tired yet, cuz I was. It gets a little tricky here, but I am not a programmer either so if I can do it you can. Open the cprm2free,cprmgetkey RAR file and you should see a lot of different files with similar names. The one that works best is cprmgetkey041.rar - open it and extract it into the same folder that you put everything else from above. then open the BZ binary editor, and drag and drop the file cprmgetkey.exe into the main screen of BZ. You will get an something that looks like this:
sshot06.gif

First click the third buttong from the left on the upper margin, this will allow you to edit the binary. Then scroll down to row 009030, and column 8 - you should find a value that reads as KERNEL.DLL in the right hand margin. Erase the K in KERNEL and replace it with the letter L, so that it reads LERNELL.DLL, then save and close. Move this edited file cprmgetkey.exe into the directory of relCPRM, replacing the one that is in there. Also drop include the dummy file LERNELL.DLL that you downloaded earlier. So in one folder you should have the extracted files from relCPRM.rar, the new edited cprmgetkey.exe that you edited with BZ binary editor, and the dummy file LERNEL.DLL.

Now you should be able to just run the relCPRM file from that directory and rip a decrypted version of the VRO file. That VRO can play easily in VLC media player, or you can use AVS Video Converter to convert it to AVI, MPEG or any format you want. Hope it works!

I know this thread is very old, but I followed the directions above and it seems I can now decrypt some dvds that a family member sent from overseas! I joind up to the forums specifically to say thank you so much for putting the instructions up - you're a lifesaver!

Unfortunatly I can not dl the files from the host. Would you please put them on another host?
Please do it. I need them very much.
Thanks

Back