• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need help with playlist obfuscation with BBC Unforgotten Season 1

world123

@Pete
Hello Again Pete,
I am getting a black screen and assuming I have another case of playlist obfuscation. The set is BBC Unforgotten Season 1 and Region 2. Purchased on USA Amazon and ASIN: B079B8R95P.

Playlist obfuscation occurs while trying to play disks using PowerDVD 18 Ultra.

I am using AnyDVD_8.2.4.4 and set to defaults.

Thank You

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.4_Info_G_UNFORGOTTEN SEASON 1 DISC 1_81CCC81F_7618B715.ziplog
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • AnyDVD_8.2.4.4_Info_R_UNFORGOTTEN SEASON 1 DISC 2_7018C01C_25A36EE6.ziplog
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Am sure Pete and crew will look at it, but these BBC titles are not that new. I suspect you're seeing a 1080i/PAL type of issue.

PAL doesn't exist on blu-ray. That's strictly DVD. Black screen is a classic sign of screenpass. @Pete your presence is requested

Am sure Pete and crew will look at it, but these BBC titles are not that new. I suspect you're seeing a 1080i/PAL type of issue.
@Krawk
I was going to say before Ch3Vron replied that Frozen Planet plays on VSO's player.

PAL doesn't exist on blu-ray. That's strictly DVD. Black screen is a classic sign of screenpass. @Pete your presence is requested

Some of the BBC releases run at an odd frame rate and are 1080i. That's what I am saying.
But yes, that studio does do the screenpass thing, just these 2 titles were older (or am I thinking of something else?) so was very much surprised by this.

Yes I think I am thinking of something else. DOH

Well i distinctly remember someone here saying it didn't. Either it was James or someone else, cause that's what i initially said too (that it did).

Well i distinctly remember someone here saying it didn't. Either it was James or someone else, cause that's what i initially said too (that it did).

When Planet Earth 2 came out, I imported the 4K combo pack because the UK version also includes Blurays, the USA version does not, this appears to be the case again with Blue Planet 2. The concerns floating around the web were that the Blurays are in a 1080i/25fps format, because it is interlaced, 25 fps = 50 interlaced fields, thus being PAL. BBC has done this on many other documentaries as well. Many Region A players and displays still handle those discs just fine. I do not know if they simply took 23.976 and sped it up to 25 as is very common.

But anyway, sorry, off topic. Pete is awaiting logs again.

Well, strictly speaking neither what is on DVDs nor what is on Blu-rays is PAL in its entirety, as that describes "Phase Alternating Line" and also refers to the analogue broadcasting method.
But if you define PAL as being what you get on "PAL-DVDs", it's 576 lines (625 in full), interlaced at 50 fps with the typical PAL color coding, then, yes, the exact same format can be found on several European Blu-ray discs (typically bonus features taken right off the DVDs, but sometimes material that was simply broadcast in PAL format).

@Pete
Attached are the logs.

Thank You.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.5_Info_R_UNFORGOTTEN SEASON 1 DISC 1_2_81CCC81F_7618B715.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.2.4.5_Info_R_UNFORGOTTEN SEASON 1 DISC 2_2_7018C01C_25A36EE6.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Thx, discs are fixed.

Season 2 released today and has the same issues. logfiles for both discs; USA release

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.5.0_Info_J_UNFORGOTTEN SEASON 2 DISC 1_4F941D2F_9FFF195B.ziplog
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.2.5.0_Info_J_UNFORGOTTEN SEASON 2 DISC 2_84D3E39F_1B47ADD4.ziplog
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Season 2 released today and has the same issues. logfiles for both discs; USA release
@rdgrimes I just got my copy (just as I am writing). I will start new thread for Season 2 since the mods will move your logs or I will attach my logs to your Season 2 thread.

This is weird ... AnyDVD has been working fine on everything, till I put Unforgotten in! I'm using latest version and when I put any of the disks in from Series 1 or 2, the system just scans and scans but eventually stops. I wondered if it was a problem with the disks but they play on my DVD fine, just can't be read on my PC, and then I read that others are having problems with this particular show. The disks are Region 4 PAL. Any clues?

This is weird ... AnyDVD has been working fine on everything, till I put Unforgotten in! I'm using latest version and when I put any of the disks in from Series 1 or 2, the system just scans and scans but eventually stops. I wondered if it was a problem with the disks but they play on my DVD fine, just can't be read on my PC, and then I read that others are having problems with this particular show. The disks are Region 4 PAL. Any clues?
@Steven436
My and rdgrimes disks are Region A Blu-Ray. I suggest you create logs for all your Region 4 disks and create your own thread. Most of my other PBS/BBC disks are Region B.

Last edited:
I just tried looking at these discs with cloneBD and its only finding the first two episodes on each disc.

I just tried looking at these discs with cloneBD and its only finding the first two episodes on each disc.
Then you need to provide an anydvd logfile so pete can take a look at it. Without it, they can't help you.

You mean like others above already have done?
I'm asking if cloneBD uses the same source info as anydvd.

Back