• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pbc On?

Robbyl

Hello there. I have a Phillips DVDR 3390. Does anyone know what "PBC ON" means? I'm trying to play a Karaoke Music Video DVD. It says VCD on it though. It use to play on my old cheap DVD player without a problem. Not sure why it won't play on this more expensive DVD player/recorder. I can get to the main menu where the titles to the songs are, but that's about it. When I go to choose a song, I get the red circle with the line going through it. My display says "PBC ON". I checked the settings and can't find where I can turn this off, if that's at all possible. Thanks for your help.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/faqlist?ctn=PET824/37&dct=FAQ&slg=AEN&scy=US#

"Why can't I playback a VCD when Play Back Control (PBC) is on?

Answer

When PBC is ON the PLAY/OK key has no function.

When PBC is ON by default, tracks on the VCD (MTV karaoke) can be selected by pressing the Number Keys 0-9 on the remote control only to activate the playback function."

If you have further questions, I recommend contacting Phillips.

Back