• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd 18 launched.

Serious question: Why? PowerDVD addict? :)
I love the fact that you have kept PowerDVD Ultra 10 relevant for me along with the other versions as well.

Plus, I love to get a new version of PowerDVD every year, with the Cyberlink discount on top of it.

:)

After using PowerDVD 18 for a few weeks I prefer it to v17. It seems more responsive and leaner. I haven't run into any issues during my use. Pretty surprising given we are talking about CyberLink, afterall.

I read some weeks ago that they added 24 Hz support for UHD BDs

Anyone confirmed this?

can confirm this but it doesn't work with MKV's, ISO or folder structure only
Do you playback in HDR mode?
I have tried to playback UHD folders and TV didn't switch to 24Hz HDR. The movies played only in 60Hz HDR mode.

Full HDR from folder rips changing to 24p, maybe try resetting the show once only options and you should get a pop up asking if you want to change resolutions

Full HDR from folder rips changing to 24p, maybe try resetting the show once only options and you should get a pop up asking if you want to change resolutions
It's true only for the UHD BD not in the HDR mode for the HDR mode only 60Hz. Cyberlink support confirmed this

It's true only for the UHD BD not in the HDR mode for the HDR mode only 60Hz. Cyberlink support confirmed this

Cyberlink support know less about their own products than real users

I just confirmed that UHD BD HDR (play from folder) works fine at 24 Hz.

My desktop was already set at 24 Hz and stayed at 24 Hz while PowerDVD entered UHD BD HDR exclusive mode (PDVD 17 reverts to 60 Hz).

I also noticed that the first time I checked this with PDVD 18, it reverted to 60 Hz, exactly like PDVD 17. So I initially thought that this wasn’t fixed.

But when tried again (without setting anything else) it stayed at 24 Hz. Every check afterwards at 24 Hz was successful.

Although I didn’t notice any different behavior, I would suggest checking in both TV and PC mode.

I tried both both 1529 and 1619 builds with the same 24 Hz behavior and the same serious instability issues when entering HDR exclusive mode.

Cyberlink support know less about their own products than real users

I just confirmed that UHD BD HDR (play from folder) works fine at 24 Hz

I tried both both 1529 and 1619 builds with the same 24 Hz behavior and the same serious instability issues when entering HDR exclusive mode.

1. There is a patch out for 1619 for 18? Is that for Powerdvd live?

2. So it works but has serious stability issues?

Power DVD 17 has to launch a virtual disk drive before playing a BD ISO. Does PDVD 18 also do this. It can be flakey in PDVD 17 so just wondering if they eliminated this process or not.

Power DVD 17 has to launch a virtual disk drive before playing a BD ISO. Does PDVD 18 also do this. It can be flakey in PDVD 17 so just wondering if they eliminated this process or not.
Why not use Virtual CloneDrive?

Why not use Virtual CloneDrive?

Hi James. I do use Virtual Clone Drive since the drive that PDVD 17 launches frequently malfunctions. Virtual Clone Drive is rock solid. Just would be nice if PDVD would not need to launch a drive to play an ISO. As well as Virtual Clone drive works I still have to take the extra steps to locate the file then mount it in Virtual Clone Drive to play the .ISO in PDVD 17. Was just wondering if PDVD 18 still has this same behavior. Thanks.

You need to uncheck the two ISO setting in Settings .. General .. Set File Settings. This must be done for 17 and 18

Back