• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downton Abbey, Season 5, Discs 1 and 3

End User

I've read the other threads on this forum (and others) with no luck.

Capture1.jpg
Capture2.jpg
Capture3.jpg
Capture4.jpg
Capture5.jpg

I tried resetting to defaults, no luck. I tried ripping to disk, no luck. I tried forced aggressive mode, no luck. I tried excluding certain titles, no luck.

Only discs 1 and 3 had this issue. Disc 2 worked fine.

Thanks for suggestions.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.3.3_Info_D_Downton Abbey S5 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Wow. No response whatsoever. Wrong area of the forum or no one has attempted to copy these discs?

I tried AnyDVD 8.2.4.2 and got the exact same results.

What happens, if you let CloneDVD finish the repair scan?

I'd start by setting anydvd to default or undo the settings for "remove annoying clips/trailers". That functionality isn't perfect and can sometimes result in broken discs (from personal experience), i'm not saying this is what's happening here, but it's at least worth a try.

I'd start by setting anydvd to default
I did, as stated above.

undo the settings for "remove annoying clips/trailers". That functionality isn't perfect and can sometimes result in broken discs (from personal experience), i'm not saying this is what's happening here, but it's at least worth a try.
Tried that as well, but after I originally posted. No change.

Thanks for the suggestions.

What happens, if you untick "preserve menus"?

I just found out, that I have this box set in my collection. It behaves different to yours (which is really strange), but it does behave not correctly, too.
I'll look into it.

Okay, so after I updated to AnyDVD 8.2.4.2, I didn't Default the settings. After doing so, that yielded a change in behavior. It still had duplicate titles (2), but it didn't attempt to repair the structure. It finished cloning to my hard drive without error. The resulting structure played, but consumed 13.2GB. So I re-cloned the DVD from hard drive and excluded the duplicate titles. It started without the structure warning, but I had to leave before it finished.

So I *think* there's positive progress. I'll know this evening.

You didn't click on "details", did you?
I'm a pretty inquisitive person, so I always look for more details. I did click details, but didn't seem to be anything useful (at least not to me).

EDIT: Also the suggested "log" would be helpful.
I incorrectly assumed that information was included in the ziplog I attached, but they are two different products. I'm sure AnyDVD isn't going to share log information with CloneDVD and vise-versa.

I wasn't able to generate the error with the new AnyDVD version, so that information is now unrecoverable unless CloneDVD saves all log files and increments the name as to not be overwritten.

I just found out, that I have this box set in my collection. It behaves different to yours (which is really strange), but it does behave not correctly, too. I'll look into it.
On the back of my DVD case, it has some numbers: MST64500, ISBN: 978-1-62789-064-9, Barcode: 8 41887 02171 5

US version, NTSC, nothing really special that I can tell.

Okay, so after I updated to AnyDVD 8.2.4.2, I didn't Default the settings. After doing so, that yielded a change in behavior. It still had duplicate titles (2), but it didn't attempt to repair the structure. It finished cloning to my hard drive without error. The resulting structure played, but consumed 13.2GB. So I re-cloned the DVD from hard drive and excluded the duplicate titles. It started without the structure warning, but I had to leave before it finished.

So I *think* there's positive progress. I'll know this evening.
This is the same (incorrect) behaviour I am seeing. That's good. I'm sure, I can fix it.

Only discs 1 and 3 had this issue. Disc 2 worked fine.
Are you sure, that disc 2 is fine? I don't think it is (wrong / duplicate titles). But disc 3 should be ok.

n the ziplog I attached, but they are two different products. I'm sure AnyDVD isn't going to share log information with CloneDVD and vise-versa.
I wasn't able to generate the error with the new AnyDVD version, so that information is now unrecoverable unless CloneDVD saves all log files and increments the name as to not be overwritten.
Don't worry. You could post an AnyDVD logfile from discs 2 & 3, just to make sure, that my discs are identical. I assume they are, why shouldn't they... Disc 1 certainly is (same digest/checksum).

Are you sure, that disc 2 is fine? I don't think it is (wrong / duplicate titles). But disc 3 should be ok.
Fairly sure. It cloned fine with the previous version of AnyDVD. It played normally and didn't seem to have any issues. I can verify that this afternoon.

I haven't attempted disc 3 since upgrading to the current AnyDVD.

This is the same (incorrect) behaviour I am seeing. That's good. I'm sure, I can fix it.
After the clone from the DVD on hard disk completed, I had a semi working DVD. On disc one are Part One, Part Two and Part Three (3 episodes). Part One worked fine from the main menu. When I attempted to return to the menu, it would jump to the same spot in the middle of Part One (which I think is title 5-something). Part Two and Part Three didn't work as I had excluded title 2 and title 3 (which were duplicated on title 68 and 69 I think). So I re-cloned it from the 13GB source and included title 2 and 3 and excluded 68 and 69. That was actually the closest effort yet. Now everything works normally from the main menu. All Parts and return to main menu works on all Parts except Part One (as before). One additional oddity. There is a title in the 30 or 40 range that looks like a piece of a Part, but I don't think it is. I caught this based on the size of the output... right at 9GB. That's when I saw the out of place title. My next effort is to clone from THAT clone and exclude that title.

If this is as far as I can get it, I'll deal with it. I would like to fix this last little couple of bugs though.

After the clone from the DVD on hard disk completed, I had a semi working DVD. On disc one are Part One, Part Two and Part Three (3 episodes). Part One worked fine from the main menu. When I attempted to return to the menu, it would jump to the same spot in the middle of Part One (which I think is title 5-something). Part Two and Part Three didn't work as I had excluded title 2 and title 3 (which were duplicated on title 68 and 69 I think). So I re-cloned it from the 13GB source and included title 2 and 3 and excluded 68 and 69. That was actually the closest effort yet. Now everything works normally from the main menu. All Parts and return to main menu works on all Parts except Part One (as before). One additional oddity. There is a title in the 30 or 40 range that looks like a piece of a Part, but I don't think it is. I caught this based on the size of the output... right at 9GB. That's when I saw the out of place title. My next effort is to clone from THAT clone and exclude that title.

If this is as far as I can get it, I'll deal with it. I would like to fix this last little couple of bugs though.
Please try AnyDVD 8.2.4.3:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-2-4-3.75052/

Back