• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vista Problems (long)

suesan

Hi. I have been using anydvd, clonedvd, and clonecd happily for years. However, I recently bought a new computer with 32 bit Windows Vista Ultima and am having nothing but trouble.
Anydvd doesn’t see either of my 2 dvd drives. If I install virtualcd, anydvd sees the virtual drive but nothing else.

As per previous posts, I have uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry and reinstalled anydvd using various combinations of compatibility settings to no avail.
I sure hope I can get some help to resolve this problem.

Here are my details:
- Right now the only slysoft program I have installed is anydvd version 6.1.7.0
- I am Running 32 bit Vista Ultima on an intel Core 2 CPU @2.66GHz with 4MB RAM
- I have none of the packet writing software listed in other posts. Windows Ultima comes with DVD Maker and Media Center. The Computer also came with Cyberlink DVD Suite installed – Power DVD and Power Producer.

- Filter Check Tool v3.4
o An Upper Filter found is: GEARAspiWDM
o Filterdriver properties are:
o A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
o Name: AnyDVD
o Caption: AnyDVD
o Description: AnyDVD
o AcceptPause: False
o AcceptStop: True
o DesktopInteract: False
o DisplayName: AnyDVD
o ErrorControl: Normal
o ExitCode: 0
o PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
o Version Info: 6.1.7.0
o ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
o ServiceType: Kernel Driver
o Started: True
o StartMode: Manual
o StartName:
o State: Running
o Status: OK
o TagId: 0

My two drives are both LG
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N CL00[A] (Ide)
AND
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-H21N 1.00 (Ide)

Hope this is the necessary info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Incidently, I have the same LG dvdRAM drive in my old XP computer and anyDVD works fine with it.

TIA
Sue

Your problem is not with the DVD software...the issues are with Vista. There are several threads here about compatibility with Slysoft and Vista. Most likely, someone who uses Vista will offer some help.

Hi. I have been using anydvd, clonedvd, and clonecd happily for years. However, I recently bought a new computer with 32 bit Windows Vista Ultima and am having nothing but trouble.
Anydvd doesn’t see either of my 2 dvd drives. If I install virtualcd, anydvd sees the virtual drive but nothing else.

As per previous posts, I have uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry and reinstalled anydvd using various combinations of compatibility settings to no avail.
I sure hope I can get some help to resolve this problem.

Here are my details:
- Right now the only slysoft program I have installed is anydvd version 6.1.7.0
- I am Running 32 bit Vista Ultima on an intel Core 2 CPU @2.66GHz with 4MB RAM
- I have none of the packet writing software listed in other posts. Windows Ultima comes with DVD Maker and Media Center. The Computer also came with Cyberlink DVD Suite installed – Power DVD and Power Producer.

- Filter Check Tool v3.4
o A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
o Name: AnyDVD
o Caption: AnyDVD
o Description: AnyDVD
o AcceptPause: False
o AcceptStop: True
o DesktopInteract: False
o DisplayName: AnyDVD
o ErrorControl: Normal
o ExitCode: 0
o PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
o Version Info: 6.1.7.0
o ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
o ServiceType: Kernel Driver
o Started: True
o StartMode: Manual
o StartName:
o State: Running
o Status: OK
o TagId: 0

My two drives are both LG
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N CL00[A] (Ide)
AND
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-H21N 1.00 (Ide)

Hope this is the necessary info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Incidently, I have the same LG dvdRAM drive in my old XP computer and anyDVD works fine with it.

TIA
Sue

Give this thread a look as zebadee put some time for vista users and anydvd.

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/anydvd/903-anydvd-intro-guide-vista-update.html

Hi. I have been using anydvd, clonedvd, and clonecd happily for years. However, I recently bought a new computer with 32 bit Windows Vista Ultima

Unless you're playing a game called Ultima, your OS is actually Windows Vista Ultimate edition.

1) Disable User Account Control, and do the following:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

- Filter Check Tool v3.4

You're not providing the full information that Filter Check Tool provides.

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

Uh, yeah . . . By the way, you do realize Vista 32 bit edition doesn't recognize all 4 gigs, right suesan? Vista 64 bit edition will.
Vista 32 bit should be able to recognize 4 GB though for being a new OS, I don't understand why MS did that.

Vista 32 bit should be able to recognize 4 GB though for being a new OS, I don't understand why MS did that.

I don't know either (well, that's not entirely true, but I'm not interested in having a huge discussion about Vista 32 bit limitations either), but 4 gigs+ is pretty useless on Vista 32 bit editions.

Last edited:
A 32 processor can only address 4GB memory space. Usually only part of this space can be addressed as memory. As a result, more than 2-3GB RAM is a waste of money on 32bit desktop systems, and can even cause problems.

If you want more RAM, you need a 64 bit OS (XP pro 64 or Vista64).

Thanks for all responses! :)
- Checked zebadee’s link. Nice work on his part but no solution for me.
- Webslinger :
 Oops re “ultima” cut and paste boo-boo.
 I followed your instructions to the letter but still no joy. Had UAC, windows defender, firewall, and antivirus all off. Yep, that’s all Filter Check Tool has to say about GEARspiWDM – exactly nothing.
 ===============================================
 Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
 ===============================================

 Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
 Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
 Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
 Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
 Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

 Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
 File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
 File Version: 2.0.6.1
 File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
 Product Name: GEAR.wrks
 Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
 Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
 Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

 Filter Name: AnyDVD
 File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
 File Version: 6.1.7.0
 File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
 Product Name: AnyDVD
 Product Version: 6.1.7.0
 Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
 Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

- Re 4 GB RAM. Yeah I found out about that after I got the box home. Too bad the guru at the store didn’t know. It’s on my ‘to do’ list to check into further. But thanks. Do you have any opinion on the 64 bit Vista? I have read mixed reviews.

I sure look forward to getting AnyDVD working. I have really been happy with slysoft’s clean, easy-to-use software in the past. I even have clonecd’s happy dance jingle as my cell phone’s ringtone.

Thanks,
Sue

My guess is a problematic 3rd party busmaster driver.

The 4GB limit is not only an OS issue. The CPU must also be 64bit. The 4GB of RAM that suesan has in not entirely worthless (she should be showing about 3.5G) but the system can only process 2GB of RAM at a time.

Is there something i can do to determine if a busmaster driver is the problem? And, if so, to remedy it?

Yes, I show about 3.5 GB and have PAE enabled.

Is there something i can do to determine if a busmaster driver is the problem? And, if so, to remedy it?

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Do you have any opinion on the 64 bit Vista?

I dislike Vista, except for Directx 10. Here's why (read James' posts): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1188.
No significant advantage exists for using Vista (except for Directx 10 and 10.1), and drivers tend to be more mature with XP than Vista.

Due to the memory limitation in 32 bit OSes and only offering (official support for) Directx 10.1 in Vista sp1, the future of PC Gaming is with the Vista 64 bit OS. For example, for what very well may be the PC Game of the year even with the drm, Bioshock, Vista offers better visuals provided you have a directx 10 supported graphics card. (Keep in mind, 64 bit drivers are harder to find and also less mature than 32 bit drivers though).

If you're not a hardcore PC Gamer, then I'd recommend sticking with XP.

Last edited:
Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Hmmm . . . I see nothing related to busmaster drivers in device manager.

Hi :)
Vista gives a slight variation here.What you are looking for (at).
Is this.

Back