• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help me please! (EDIT: region code)

Rikardo42

I'm from the netherlands and tried out this program today AnyDVD.
But here comes the thing whenever I remove the program or leave it off the program will set my drive's default region to Region 1 and A instead of 2 and B as should be in Europe how do I solve this without just go ahead and get one of my 4/5 region changes of.

That depends. What media type are you using? DVDs, set the hardware region ONCE and to the region you get the most discs from. AnyDVD will do the rest. Blu-ray region is stored on the DISC and not the drive and is handled via the 'remove Blu-ray region' setting

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hello,

You shouldn't need to change anything with the drive. As long as AnyDVD HD is active (and you give it the disk's region code), it will remove any of the region blocking features.

Don't bother changing things back, and keep those transfers in case they are needed.

That depends. What media type are you using? DVDs, set the hardware region ONCE and to the region you get the most discs from. AnyDVD will do the rest. Blu-ray region is stored on the DISC and not the drive and is handled via the 'remove Blu-ray region' setting

Well, I put in a DVD in the Drive from Region 1 and it made it automatically set to 1 when I entered a region 2 dvd it did not change back, so oh well I changed that one and 3 changes are remaining I don't care about that 3 changes but when I go into PowerDVD for a Blu-Ray disc this happens the drive sets the regio to A and I still have 5 changes left but I only have region free and region B blu-rays so how is it possible.

Hello,

You shouldn't need to change anything with the drive. As long as AnyDVD HD is active (and you give it the disk's region code), it will remove any of the region blocking features.

Don't bother changing things back, and keep those transfers in case they are needed.

But I want to watch the blu-ray's when I'm not using AnyDVD as well.

If they bulk of your dvd's is from region 2 (NL), set the region to that in device manager. AnyDVD will take care of the rest. DVD regions get removed by default.

Blu-ray region is (as I said) stored on the disc. You drive region doesn't even come into play. To remove a Blu-ray region, go to the Blu-ray tab and tick the box to 'remove BD region' and specify the region of the DISC!!! NOT your own region (B). For example a USA imported disc, you specify A and not B. An incorrectly specified disc WILL render it unplayable.

But why
If they bulk of your dvd's is from region 2 (NL), set the region to that in device manager. AnyDVD will take care of the rest. DVD regions get removed by default.

Blu-ray region is (as I said) stored on the disc. You drive region doesn't even come into play. To remove a Blu-ray region, go to the Blu-ray tab and tick the box to 'remove BD region' and specify the region of the DISC!!! NOT your own region (B). For example a USA imported disc, you specify A and not B. An incorrectly specified disc WILL render it unplayable.

But why is it than that when I delete the software AnyDVD the disc still will say in powerdvd "This Blu-ray is only playable in Region B players"

Because your POWERDVD likely was still set to region A and the discs region wasn't removed. Blu-ray regions do NOT get removed by default, you need to tell AnyDVD to do that.

There's also a script on the forums somewhere that lets you reset the PowerDVD region back to 5 or change the region without losing a counter.

Just a BTW: please use thread titles that describe what the thread is about.
People who possibly have similar problems will have a hard time sifting through threads with non-descriptive, generic titles like "help me please".

@Rikardo42 The discs you have imported from Region A or Region C locations, did you use AnyDVD HD to Neutralize their Region Code and then burn a copy of the disc with this process? If not, BD-ROMs cannot be written to; so, once you turn AnyDVD HD off and insert those imported discs, you will be faced with Region Incompatibility. Secondly, if you did not turn on AnyDVD HD's Region Removal and inserted a Disc - was that the first one you used with PowerDVD or did you change PowerDVD to that Region? I have been using AnyDVD HD since 2009 and it has never changed the DVD Region Number on any of my Drives and it has never changed the Region Letter with other Software; it obfuscates that information or tells other software that it is the correct Region it is looking for. I need more information to resolve this; but, I don't think it is directly connected to AnyDVD HD (maybe indirectly).

Back