• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disks (old and new) play using PowerDVD 15 but mostly NOT PowerDVD 18

world123

Hello Everyone,
I am testing the new PowerDVD 18 Ultra (18). I own PowerDVD 15 (15) and 16. I have tried to play previously created PROTECTED copies using 18. I am using AnyDVD_8.2.4.2.

Two disks (logs attached) play fine using 15, but not with 18. With 18, I get essentially Black Screens with my two test cases using the actual disks. I am assuming Black Screen Protection with 18, but not with 15?

Can anyone tell me what am I missing here or doing wrong?

Thank You for any suggestions, etc.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.2_Info_G_LOGANLUCKY_UPB76_RENTAL_8F19CAD6.ziplog
    234.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.2.4.2_Info_G_PHANTOM_THREAD_D19CD049.ziplog
    325 KB · Views: 1
See if it makes a difference, not removing the region code or BDlive.

@Pete
not removing the region code or BDlive made NO difference. See settings in attached image.

Attachments

• 000007.jpg
    000007.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 000007.jpg
    000007.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 5
"remove annoying adverts and trailers" is also on - didn't see that at first
Ideally just click the "default" button, that resets all setting.

@Pete
Reset to default with no difference.
The disk does show in CloneBD reviewer!

Then I don't think, we can do anything about it.
There is no such thing as a "black screen protection".
If you set AnyDVD to default, it didn't do anything with the disc other than remove AACS.
This seems to be some PowerDVD bug or they decided to no longer support decrypted discs (haven't tested pdvd18 myself).

Solution in that case: don't use or buy PowerDVD 18.

Then I don't think, we can do anything about it.
There is no such thing as a "black screen protection".
If you set AnyDVD to default, it didn't do anything with the disc other than remove AACS.
This seems to be some PowerDVD bug or they decided to no longer support decrypted discs (haven't tested pdvd18 myself).

Solution in that case: don't use or buy PowerDVD 18.
@Pete
Thanks for your effort. I check about 20 ISOs which 18 wouldn't play. I try some older ones. At least I still have 15. Don't you use 10?

Can PowerDVD read actual disks without decryption? If not, then what use does it have?

I'll download the pdvd trial this evening and test this out with decrypted discs and iso.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks for your effort. I check about 20 ISOs which 18 wouldn't play. I try some older ones. At least I still have 15. Don't you use 10?
I use various different version of PowerDVD (v10 .... v17).
They all work nicely with AnyDVD
Can PowerDVD read actual disks without decryption? If not, then what use does it have?
What do you mean? PowerDVD in general? Or PowerDVD 18?
This is the first time, I'm hearing of those problems, you're describing, so I can't really give you an answer to that.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "what use does it have".

I use various different version of PowerDVD (v10 .... v17).
They all work nicely with AnyDVD

What do you mean? PowerDVD in general? Or PowerDVD 18?
This is the first time, I'm hearing of those problems, you're describing, so I can't really give you an answer to that.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "what use does it have".
@Pete and @Ch3vron
I downloaded the latest patch and everything is OK now! Thanks for your help.
What I was experiencing just didn't make sense. Your comment about bug started me to think about a patch.

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Back