• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Commuter

Eagle4Z

I haven't burned the disc yet..... But it copied my retail disc to completion.....

Retail Disc Size Is: 7.95 GB

Copy Disc Size Is: 6.42 GB

I will watch it tomorrow.....04.19.2018 EST

I will add that information after I watch it....(and give it a yea or nay)

I haven't burned the disc yet..... But it copied my retail disc to completion.....

If you were able to rip the DVD entirely, then there likely won't be an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

If you were able to rip the DVD entirely, then there likely won't be an issue.

I was able to use 8.2.4.2 copied to directory, then recreate it into ISO format. thanks

I was able to use 8.2.4.2 copied to directory, then recreate it into ISO format. thanks
If you went to do both in 1 go, just use the image function in CloneDVD 2.

I'm trying to copy The Commuter but a few seconds into reading the disc, I receive an error. I tried it multiple times and even rented a 2nd copy of the movie and still same issue. I'm not as tech savvy as most of you so if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. This is the error message I receive:

upload_2018-4-25_16-57-34.png

I'm trying to copy The Commuter but a few seconds into reading the disc, I receive an error. I tried it multiple times and even rented a 2nd copy of the movie and still same issue. I'm not as tech savvy as most of you so if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. This is the error message I receive:

View attachment 42256
You need to post an AnyDVD log. From the "Please Read Before You Post" sticky, #5:
5. Post an AnyDVD log file. Many times the answer to your question is visible to experienced users or RedFox support or a developer right away.

Ensure Anydvd is running.
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)
  6. Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog"
  7. Click "Create new topic" on the top or bottom right of a forum section.
  8. Describe the problem
  9. Below the text box you will see 3 buttons. Click the middle one that states "Upload File".
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the RedFox forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
  12. Wait for the progress indicator in the top right corner to finish. Then click "Close"
  13. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .ziplog file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Thanks so much for the tip. I have attached log below.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.0_Info_D_THE_COMMUTER.ziplog
    826.4 KB · Views: 11
I am running 8.2.4.3 and cannot rip this either.
Tried both rip to image and traditional rip to disk
ISO rip stops at 50% and rip to disk errors out at 73%
This is a RB rental.... returned it and tried a different disc.... same issue

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.3_Info_O_THE_COMMUTER.ziplog
    818.6 KB · Views: 4
I am running 8.2.4.3 and cannot rip this either.
Tried both rip to image and traditional rip to disk
ISO rip stops at 50% and rip to disk errors out at 73%
This is a RB rental.... returned it and tried a different disc.... same issue
I believe your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

I believe your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
Both discs? What are the odds that I rented 2 bad discs?
I will try cleaning the disc and try again on another machine/optical drive

EDIT: worked on 2nd machine after cleaning disc, thanks

Last edited:
I am running 8.2.4 (64 bit) RF and I'm using HandBrake 1.1.0 (2018040700) 64 bit and have the following problem.

The movie processes until completion. But playing the ending results in either the film showing (Chapter 16 01:38:26) stops at a badge, then goes blank and picks up on credits till about 01:40:00 +/- a few seconds) then shows (Chapter 11 01:11:00) plus or minus a few seconds.

Or is shows (Chapter 16 01:38:26) to end and credits start, I get an audio "blurp" and then Chapter 01:10:38 (+/- sec)

I've tried HandBrake with and without LibDVDNav enabled (which is how I got two different endings I suspect.)

LibDVDNav enabled got me the broken ending with Liam and the woman speaking, the first third of ending credits, black screen (30secs or so) then the part with the train conductor trying to stop the train.

:) Its driving me nutters and don't get me started on trying to burn in the CC's Handbrake simply shuts down without and error messages.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.0_Info_D_COMMUTER.ziplog
    362.1 KB · Views: 5
I am running 8.2.4 (64 bit) RF and I'm using HandBrake 1.1.0 (2018040700) 64 bit and have the following problem.

The movie processes until completion. But playing the ending results in either the film showing (Chapter 16 01:38:26) stops at a badge, then goes blank and picks up on credits till about 01:40:00 +/- a few seconds) then shows (Chapter 11 01:11:00) plus or minus a few seconds.

Or is shows (Chapter 16 01:38:26) to end and credits start, I get an audio "blurp" and then Chapter 01:10:38 (+/- sec)

I've tried HandBrake with and without LibDVDNav enabled (which is how I got two different endings I suspect.)

LibDVDNav enabled got me the broken ending with Liam and the woman speaking, the first third of ending credits, black screen (30secs or so) then the part with the train conductor trying to stop the train.

:) Its driving me nutters and don't get me started on trying to burn in the CC's Handbrake simply shuts down without and error messages.
As has been mentioned earlier in THIS thread, for that title you must use AnyDVD 8.2.4.2 or later. The latest beta is 8.2.4.4, try that.

As has been mentioned earlier in THIS thread, for that title you must use AnyDVD 8.2.4.2 or later. The latest beta is 8.2.4.4, try that.

Hmmm yes... Well, perhaps you should pin a reply at the top... While true I "COULD" have read posts about things that didn't relate to my subject to find beta software... I apologize for relying on my paid for software to tell me it was the latest version, and that I hadn't realized there were "minor" minor version numbers... My Bad :whistle:. Not to mention that there has been mention of more than one type of DVD for this movie...

Hmmm yes... Well, perhaps you should pin a reply at the top... While true I "COULD" have read posts about things that didn't relate to my subject to find beta software... I apologize for relying on my paid for software to tell me it was the latest version, and that I hadn't realized there were "minor" minor version numbers... My Bad :whistle:. Not to mention that there has been mention of more than one type of DVD for this movie...
It has nothing to do with major or minor versions. AnyDVD had NEVER checked for beta versions. And there is a sticky about beta versions. You also posted in someone else's topic that already had your answer in it ;-)

It works using v8.2.4.2.......

Back