• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pitch Perfect 3

Kclem

I burned a copy of pitch perfect 3, but half way into the movie it came up with an error that said the audio was muted because it was copy protected. Is there anything that can be done with this?

I burned a copy of pitch perfect 3, but half way into the movie it came up with an error that said the audio was muted because it was copy protected. Is there anything that can be done with this?

From your description you encountered Cinavia. You have a few options:

1. Play the disc on an old DVD player. Not a Blu-ray player, Xbox, PS4, or UHD player. An actual old DVD player. Cinavia is meaningless to them so they don't enforce it.
  2. Create a backup in a portable format and play it that way. Check what formats your playback device enforces Cinavia on. Some devices only check burned backups but not MKV files.
  3. Play back the backup on a PC using a non-licensed media player that plays DVDs. Lots of options there.
  4. Locate and use a third-party method that removes Cinavia on DVDs. At present neither RedFox nor Elaborate Bytes remove Cinavia from DVDs. Only Blu-ray.

From your description you encountered Cinavia. You have a few options:

1. Play the disc on an old DVD player. Not a Blu-ray player, Xbox, PS4, or UHD player. An actual old DVD player. Cinavia is meaningless to them so they don't enforce it.
Actually it is an OLD Bluray player (prior to 2012) or a DVD player (new or old). DVD players don't care, not even the Sony. An upscaling DVD player is just as good with a DVD as a Bluray player would be.

Actually it is an OLD Bluray player (prior to 2012) or a DVD player (new or old). DVD players don't care, not even the Sony.

True enough. I was avoiding getting into that discussion, however. :) These days it's easier and cheaper to find a DVD player than a pre-Cinavia Blu-ray player.

Actually it's a pre Feb 1st 2012 Blu-ray player. Even a model that works be created and launched at January 31st wouldn't be required to detect it. Though I doubt it wouldn't so close to the deadline.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back