• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

KB4089848 for Windows 10 1709 breaks DeUHD

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
This is properly placed in the third-party forum and of interest to some. It also impacts possible troubleshooting related to AnyDVD.

Microsoft released KB4089848 which breaks DeUHD. The update results in issues with the driver signature and as a result it won't load. Arusoft removed the 2 disc daily limit right as Microsoft releases an update that effectively breaks DeUHD. Probably purely coincidence but it's hard not to find the timing interesting.

After installing the Windows update I found that having both DeUHD and AnyDVD installed wound up breaking AnyDVD, as well. AnyDVD no longer detected any optical drives. Removing DeUHD, AnyDVD, and reinstalling AnyDVD resolved that problem.

Last edited:
Hmm that’s disconcerting. Do you know which specific change in the KB article is responsible for breaking DeUHD? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm that’s disconcerting. Do you know which specific change in the KB article is responsible for breaking DeUHD? Thanks.

When I skimmed the list of fixes I didn't see anything that stood out. So, no, I don't know which specific change caused the breakage.

I haven’t used DeUhd Since RedFox supports all my UHD discs , yep every one of them so far

I haven’t used DeUhd Since RedFox supports all my UHD discs , yep every one of them so far

Yeah same here. DeUHD doesn’t support my Europe 4K disc but RedFox does :)

At the end of the day DeUHD has its place. They were the first with a method that was proven to work. They were the first and remain the ones with a method that works on actual [specific] UHD certified drives. Sure, MakeMKV apparently can but until Mike Chen releases that ability to everyone it's meaningless. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Some people have UHD certified drives, others have UHD friendly drives, and some have both.

The reason why I will consider DeUHD so important is the fact that the methodology is different. This gave users a different approach which in the bigger picture was a good thing. Sure, it is expensive but it works. I don't know if Arusoft will be able to work around the problem created by KB4089848. I hope they can. I don't know if it was a creation of their own doing, was the unintended consequence of a change in KB4089848, or whether KB4089848 directly targeted DeUHD. I really don't know enough. Even for people who never used DeUHD, thought it was outrageously priced, etc, the simple fact is that any loss of any piece of software like this that supports our Fair Use rights is very bad.

Note: This update for Windows 10 also comes on the heels of a Windows 7 update (KB4088875) that broke DeUHD on that platform within the last couple weeks. KB4088875 was later pulled due to causing issues with network adapters.

Last edited:
Myce: Solution for DeUHD installation problem with Win10

Some win 10 users feedback that they cannot install DeUHD. It is the latest Microsoft updates blocked the software that you purchased, not only DeUHD. If you also have this trouble, you can write to Microsoft to complain their mistaken updates have affected you use purchased software normally.

To solve this problem, there is a solution for you: go to Settings, Update & security, Windows Update, and you should have Update History. in there, there's Uninstall updates, locate cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 (KB4089848) and try to uninstall it. If there is no record KB4089848, then uninstall all updates after March 22. To block it from installing, you need to download and install a tool from ms, http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter for Windows 10. Meanwhile, we will also work with Microsoft to ensure that you can use the purchased product.

Thanks!

That's a bandaid rather than a solution and leaves people open to issues actually resolved by the cumulative update. It does, at least, allow people to run the software if they are desperate and that method was obvious. Nonetheless, hopefully a real solution is found with Arusoft working with Microsoft. Uninstalling security updates and/or avoiding specific ones is never a good thing especially these days.

Last edited:
Error.png

Another approach to troubleshooting AnyDVD breaking if DeUHD installed is to use ImgBurn. Remove deuhdsys.sys under the lower class filters. You'll need to run ImgBurn as administrator for it to work. If you attempt to install DeUHD after installing KB4089848 then the driver is never actually installed. It should be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder but it vanishes into the unknown. DeUHD never throws an error during installation nor does Windows. It's only on the first run of DeUHD that problems become visible. Due to the driver not existing that breaks everything else. If you remove deuhdsys.sys via ImgBurn then Windows doesn't attempt to load it and then everything else works properly. Obviously, DeUHD won't work but it's another option without uninstalling.

This doesn't fix DeUHD at all. It isn't meant to. It simply makes it so that AnyDVD can run without requiring uninstalling DeUHD which remains broken.

NOTE: Do not remove drivers from loading via ImgBurn unless you know what you are doing. Any mistakes you might make are your own and I take zero responsibility. Too many people are messing around with things they have no business messing around with these days.

Last edited:
Arusoft surprised me and released a new update to DeUHD that fixes the issues with Windows 10 installation according to the release notes. I honestly expected them to simply do nothing after inking a deal with DVDFab. Anyway, with respect to the fix... yes and no. Yes, DeUHD will run but only if you have Secure Boot disabled. Otherwise, you are out of luck, the driver won't load, your ODDs get borked, etc.

I consider disabling Secure Boot to be a non-starter.

Well that issue existed with the anydvd driver too at some point. They just need to fix their digital signature i think. James needed to do something like that for the anydvd one.

I still wonder, why the working DeUHD cert was revoked and by whom.
I also wonder, why DeUHD went through the trouble to do the decryption "AnyDVD style" within a driver.

Arusoft has now release v1.0.3.2 which finally gets around the issues with driver signing. There are two installation choices. One option is for people who have Secure Boot enabled and it no longer installs the driver which gets around the signing issues. You can still use DeUHD rip to HDD either as an ISO or folder but just can't access the ODD and decypt on-the-fly while watching. You absolutely have to rip to HDD first to remove the protection. For those who don't have Secure Boot enabled you can continue to install the driver and can use the software just as it had previously worked.

For people who already owned the software this lets them actually use it again without forcing them to disable Secure Boot. One more tool in the toolbox is nice to have.

The new version 1032 added “Install DeUHD drive” installation option.

Unchecking this option will also enable you to rip disc to ISO or Hard Disc.
If you have “Error Installation” before, please uncheck this option.
If you want to choose unchecking this option, please uninstall the old version and reboot first.

Checking this option will not only allow you ripping disc but also allow you playing discs directly with third-party player

Download the latest version: https://www.deuhd.ru/download/DeUHD1032.exe 6

c9f823cef3a5ea50ba4bdd566cb6b4891c0ab8c1.jpg

Arusoft today released version 1.0.3.3 of its Ultra HD Blu-ray (UHD BD) ripping software, DeUHD. This version adds a new decryption method that speeds up the process of opening new discs and this version also solves an AACS 2.1 decryption problem.

deuhd-ccutrer-670x503.jpg

The AACS 2.1 decryption problem that was fixed, only occured when users tried to rip AACS 2.1 protected Ultra HD Blu-ray discs to their HDD and when the DeUHD driver was not installed.

Arusoft also added a new decryption method that should make opening new discs faster and as usual, Arusoft also added support for the new titles. This time they added support for Miyako Island, Sausage Party, Jigsaw, Straight Outta Compton, Marvel’s Black Panther, Death Wish and Rampage.

Back