• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Brute Force CSS?

thetoad

AnyDVD doesn't seem (but perhaps missed the option, so correct me if I'm wrong) to be able to brute force CSS.

i.e. if I make an ISO of a DVD and mount it, anydvd just sees it as a non css encrypted disc. The main way I have around it is that old school dvd decrypter can brute force decrypt to iso without mucking with any of the other protections (and then can run it through anydvd to remove those).

it be nice if AnyDVD itself could brute force the CSS when used with an image.

The downside of brute forcing (at least my experience with dvd decrypter) is that not all VOBs can be decrypted. if they are too small then dvd decrypter says there aren't enough blocks to brute force the key. With that said, its never been a problem for me in practice.

thoughts?

AnyDVD doesn't seem (but perhaps missed the option, so correct me if I'm wrong) to be able to brute force CSS.

i.e. if I make an ISO of a DVD and mount it, anydvd just sees it as a non css encrypted disc. The main way I have around it is that old school dvd decrypter can brute force decrypt to iso without mucking with any of the other protections (and then can run it through anydvd to remove those).

it be nice if AnyDVD itself could brute force the CSS when used with an image.

The downside of brute forcing (at least my experience with dvd decrypter) is that not all VOBs can be decrypted. if they are too small then dvd decrypter says there aren't enough blocks to brute force the key. With that said, its never been a problem for me in practice.

thoughts?

It can do so just fine. Success rate just depends on various factors. Vob file big enough for one thing, and as always: problems need logfiles

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Oh, it does, and quite well. This is needed for RPC2 drives and region mismatch.

i.e. if I make an ISO of a DVD and mount it, anydvd just sees it as a non css encrypted disc.
That's because AnyDVD asks the drive "is CSS on the disc?" and the virtual drive answers "no".

AnyDVD considers the disc unencrypted and - well, you know the result.

Is their anyway to tell anydvd to force the flag essentially? Again, my workflow is that many times I end up using ddrescue on a disc to get a complete ISO as that's the only way I can get it due to scratched discs (what one gets when one purchases used ones).

I know from my own experience that even when one forces css, one looks for the flag in each 2048 byte block to see if that block is scrambled, a descrambled disc will never have it set so it shouldn't be a problem just to tell anydvd to ignore what the virtual drive says?

ok, I can stick with my dvd decrypter methodology for now (or fix my old libdvdcss code that actually did it in place)

Back