• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip UHD Blu Rays

David Ramsey

Admittedly I have only tried two: Any disk from Season 1 of Westworld, and X-Men: Apocalypse. The error in each case is the same: a reported inability to read a key from the disk. Here's the log file for Apocalypse.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.0_Info_D_XMEN APOCALYPSE.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Admittedly I have only tried two: Any disk from Season 1 of Westworld, and X-Men: Apocalypse. The error in each case is the same: a reported inability to read a key from the disk. Here's the log file for Apocalypse.

You are using a Pioneer drive which will not work with copying & decrypting UHD discs using AnyDVD. You need specific "UHD Friendly" drives which are either specific LG or rebadged LG drives. Do a web search for "UHD Friendly drives".

Last edited:

As has been stated by DrinkLyeAndDie, our ability to rip UHD's has more to do with the unequal implementation of the requirements than any real wizardry.

The long and the short of it is that the "official" UHD drives out there (the Pioneer models) have bus encryption in place by default. This results in the content being, currently, unable to be decrypted and saved.

Where the breakthrough came was because there are several drives on the market that can read UHD discs, but don't have bus encryption. This means that there isn't an additional cryptographic step to consider, and copying these discs became a reality as a result.

Unfortunately, manufacturers have been working to plug this hole, and as a result these drives are getting to be in short supply. There is always hope however, and there has been a lot of progress in being able to downgrade the firmware of these drives to allow them to rip UHDs again.

OK, thanks! Have ordered a "UHD Friendly" LG drive. Perhaps I should get a spare...

As has been stated by DrinkLyeAndDie, our ability to rip UHD's has more to do with the unequal implementation of the requirements than any real wizardry.

The long and the short of it is that the "official" UHD drives out there (the Pioneer models) have bus encryption in place by default. This results in the content being, currently, unable to be decrypted and saved.

Where the breakthrough came was because there are several drives on the market that can read UHD discs, but don't have bus encryption. This means that there isn't an additional cryptographic step to consider, and copying these discs became a reality as a result.

Unfortunately, manufacturers have been working to plug this hole, and as a result these drives are getting to be in short supply. There is always hope however, and there has been a lot of progress in being able to downgrade the firmware of these drives to allow them to rip UHDs again.

uhd friendly drive have bus encryption as well, what allows then to read has to do with certificate of drive. I have two lg drive and both support bus encryption yet can read UHD.

You should get spare, and warning : I've ordered a few days ago an LG55 (but it wasn't for read UHD), and it was manufactured december 2017 with FW 1.03, which fix the loophoole. If FW is 1.02 or less, it's good.
Asus drives (16D1HT) nevertheless seem a little less up to date, but it may be different according countries and stock's recelers.
So, theses friendly drives are now quick becoming extinct...

You should get spare, and warning : I've ordered a few days ago an LG55 (but it wasn't for read UHD), and it was manufactured december 2017 with FW 1.03, which fix the loophoole. If FW is 1.02 or less, it's good.
Asus drives (16D1HT) nevertheless seem a little less up to date, but it may be different according countries and stock's recelers.
So, theses friendly drives are now quick becoming extinct...
Firmware 1.03 can be downgraded to friendly 1.02. just tag teddyraspin in the downgrade sticky in the CD/DVD/BD forum section down below.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back