• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DirectX is not installed or is missing components CloneBD will now exit

CompOrange

Not sure why I keep getting this error.
dxdiag says I am running DirectX 12

Any ideas?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Not sure why I keep getting this error.
dxdiag says I am running DirectX 12

Any ideas?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
In order to be compatible with Windows XP, CloneBD requires DX9 (that is not the same as DX12 and the latter is also not backward compatible).
The CloneBD installer should install DX9 automatically, unless you manually uncheck the option.

I let the CloneBD installer install DX9, I did not uncheck the box.

CloneBD checks for the existence of d3dcompiler_43.dll
Can you find that file on your system?
On 64bit Windows, it should be in c:\windows\syswow64, otherwise in c:\windows\system32

yes, it is in c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64

thanks for your help

Last edited:
Only there? Because on my 64 bit system that file is present in BOTH directories (syswow64 AND system32)

yes, it is in c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64

Can you try running this command:

Code:
c:\windows\syswow64\rundll32.exe d3dcompiler_43.dll,D3DCompile

It is important, that you include the path to rundll32, otherwise the 64 bit version will be chosen.
Thinking about it: you can also try the 64 bit version (additionally), so we can see if it's something limited to 32bit.

If it's OK, you should see nothing at all happening. Otherwise, I assume, you should see some message box with an error message.

Code:
c:\windows\syswow64\rundll32.exe d3dcompiler_43.dll,D3DCompile
It is important, that you include the path to rundll32, otherwise the 64 bit version will be chosen.
Thinking about it: you can also try the 64 bit version (additionally), so we can see if it's something limited to 32bit.

If it's OK, you should see nothing at all happening. Otherwise, I assume, you should see some message box with an error message.

It ran fine in c:\windows\system32 but received this error when trying it in c:\windows\syswow64
upload_2018-3-23_7-2-18.png

OK, that could be - that for some reason, you have the 64bit version of that dll in your syswow64 directory, too (maybe some other application installed it there by mistake).
It is the message you would get, then.

Further installations of DirectX would not fix that, because date and version of the DLL appear up to date.
You could try to delete the file (in syswow64) and then install CloneBD again, I suppose, that would fix it.

But for analysis, I'd appreciate you zipping that file first and posting it here, so I can check what's wrong with it.

OK, that could be - that for some reason, you have the 64bit version of that dll in your syswow64 directory, too (maybe some other application installed it there by mistake).
It is the message you would get, then.

Further installations of DirectX would not fix that, because date and version of the DLL appear up to date.
You could try to delete the file (in syswow64) and then install CloneBD again, I suppose, that would fix it.

But for analysis, I'd appreciate you zipping that file first and posting it here, so I can check what's wrong with it.

Here it is

Attachments

• D3DCompiler_43.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
?!?
That thing consists of nothing but zeroes. It's completely empty.
Only the length is precisely correct.
Something odd is going on on your system.
So did you try removing and then reinstalling?

Pete,

I deleted the file from the syswow64 folder, removed and reinstalled CloneBD and we are in business.

I appreciate all of your help!

OK, happy to hear. Very odd, though.

Back