• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD does not recognize Disney Cars DVD

uia80

Hi,

I am trying to create an ISO backup of the Disney Cars DVD (Region 1). I am using AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.2 trial. The problem is that everything crashes after I run AnyDVD with this disk. The disk plays fine in a PS3. On the PC, if I don't run AnyDVD, I can see the folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) and files on the disk. If I run AnyDVD, I get several notifications "Your disk is being prepared" one after another, and then the entire drive completely disappears. The status in AnyDVD becomes blank, the drive letter is gone from "This PC", and I can't even restart the PC without holding the power button. Other DVD disks seem fine. The drive is HLDS GSA-H73N.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am trying to create an ISO backup of the Disney Cars DVD (Region 1). I am using AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.2 trial. The problem is that everything crashes after I run AnyDVD with this disk. The disk plays fine in a PS3. On the PC, if I don't run AnyDVD, I can see the folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) and files on the disk. If I run AnyDVD, I get several notifications "Your disk is being prepared" one after another, and then the entire drive completely disappears. The status in AnyDVD becomes blank, the drive letter is gone from "This PC", and I can't even restart the PC without holding the power button. Other DVD disks seem fine. The drive is HLDS GSA-H73N.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
1) You aren't supposed to rip to iso with AnyDVD on a DVD. There is a warning for a reason. CloneDVD can do it correctly. This is an older title, so a defective disc would be suspected. Without a log, no one can tell.
2) An AnyDVD log is needed anytime you have an issue with a disc to see if the disc or AnyDVD is the problem.

Thanks. I just tried CloneDVD, but I get an error "CloneDVD2 is not for use in copying protected DVDs". How do I make a backup of this disk?

Thanks. I just tried CloneDVD, but I get an error "CloneDVD2 is not for use in copying protected DVDs". How do I make a backup of this disk?
AnyDVD must be running in the background.

The only thing I am able to do is to create an empty drive log file (attached). This is with new 8.2.2.4 AnyDVD running in the background and no disk. Once I insert the disk I start getting messages
"AnyDVD is scanning the disc!
The disc you have inserted will be available shortly.
Please wait!" which refresh every couple of seconds and this continues indefinitely. I right clicked on AnyDVD in the system tray, chose Create Logfile..., but nothing happens after about 10 min of waiting. Also the drive becomes non-responsive. I could right click on it in Explorer and I get the spinning wheel.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.4_Info_G_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    34.5 KB · Views: 8
All disks don't work with AnyDVD. If I reboot, the drive works fine with (probably not encrypted) DVDs until I start AnyDVD. Once I start AnyDVD the drive becomes non-responsive and I can't create log files. Is my drive incompatible with AnyDVD? I have HL-DT-ST DVD+/-RW GSA-H73N Firmware B103.

Try this, Uninstall Anydvd. Then go into your device manager and uninstall your drives. Reboot your computer and allow windows to reinstall your drives. After that reinstall Anydvd. For furure reference when Anydvd is scanning a disc, do not abort the scan. Let anydvd finish even if it takes a while. If you can not wait and abort the scan then you will have to repeat the above steps.

Did not help. Uninstalled AnyDVD. Went to the device manager and uninstalled the drive. (I only have one DVD drive). Rebooted the computer. Windows did not ask anything. After it booted it showed the driver letter. The driver information in the properties was: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys Microsoft Corporation 10.0.16299.15 (WinBuild.160101.0800). The drive seemed ok to read unencrypted DVD. Reinstalled AnyDVD, rebooted. AnyDVD autostarted. Inserted the DVD with Cars, AnyDVD started popping up messages "AnyDVD is scanning the disc! The disc you have inserted will be available shortly.Please wait!". About 1 message every 5 seconds. Waited patiently for 20 minutes. Nothing happened. In fact, initially the drive spun up the disk and then slowed down. Could not tell if the disk was spinning for 20 min at low RPM or not because of the noise from the fan. The DVD drive light was not blinking. After 20 minutes clicked on MyPC. The pop-ups stopped. The drive letter was present (DVD RW Drive (G:)), but no disk name. AnyDVD status window was still showing the same message. Waited for another 5 min. Right clicked on DVD RW Drive (G:), the explorer became gray. AnyDVD was responsive. Tried to create a log, but it was not created. Unchecked the autostart option in anydvd and shut down the PC. After reboot the drive became responsive. Went into Driver File details which showed both cdrom.sys and AnyDVD.sys Provider: RedFox, File Version 8.2.2.4, Copyright 2018 RedFox, Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility. So, back to square 1. Noticed that while the DVD drive is not responsive the HDD access light stays constantly on rather blinking lightly as it normally would. What could be wrong?

Did not help. Uninstalled AnyDVD. Went to the device manager and uninstalled the drive. (I only have one DVD drive). Rebooted the computer. Windows did not ask anything. After it booted it showed the driver letter. The driver information in the properties was: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys Microsoft Corporation 10.0.16299.15 (WinBuild.160101.0800). The drive seemed ok to read unencrypted DVD. Reinstalled AnyDVD, rebooted. AnyDVD autostarted. Inserted the DVD with Cars, AnyDVD started popping up messages "AnyDVD is scanning the disc! The disc you have inserted will be available shortly.Please wait!". About 1 message every 5 seconds. Waited patiently for 20 minutes. Nothing happened. In fact, initially the drive spun up the disk and then slowed down. Could not tell if the disk was spinning for 20 min at low RPM or not because of the noise from the fan. The DVD drive light was not blinking. After 20 minutes clicked on MyPC. The pop-ups stopped. The drive letter was present (DVD RW Drive (G:)), but no disk name. AnyDVD status window was still showing the same message. Waited for another 5 min. Right clicked on DVD RW Drive (G:), the explorer became gray. AnyDVD was responsive. Tried to create a log, but it was not created. Unchecked the autostart option in anydvd and shut down the PC. After reboot the drive became responsive. Went into Driver File details which showed both cdrom.sys and AnyDVD.sys Provider: RedFox, File Version 8.2.2.4, Copyright 2018 RedFox, Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility. So, back to square 1. Noticed that while the DVD drive is not responsive the HDD access light stays constantly on rather blinking lightly as it normally would. What could be wrong?
Without a log, and if it works correctly with other discs, the best guess would be a defective disc. It is not a new title, so AnyDVD should handle it. If the disc is defective and AnyDVD is having trouble reading from the bad sectors, it will keep trying to read, but can't.

"Cars" plays just fine on a PS3. I just inserted an unencrypted DVD with a movie. DVD drive read it just fine. Then keeping the disk in I started AnyDVD, it scanned the disk for 5 sec and displayed all the info. I tried to play the disk and it was just fine. Then I clicked "Create Logfile" and I started getting indefinite popups "AnyDVD is scanning the disk". Now I ejected the disk and I am still getting popups "AnyDVD is scanning the disk". Something else is going on, not a bad disk.

"Cars" plays just fine on a PS3. I just inserted an unencrypted DVD with a movie. DVD drive read it just fine. Then keeping the disk in I started AnyDVD, it scanned the disk for 5 sec and displayed all the info. I tried to play the disk and it was just fine. Then I clicked "Create Logfile" and I started getting indefinite popups "AnyDVD is scanning the disk". Now I ejected the disk and I am still getting popups "AnyDVD is scanning the disk". Something else is going on, not a bad disk.
Just because it plays fine doesn't mean it's fine for ripping. When you pay a movie you mainly only access the menu and main title, when the problematic sectors are somewhere else (trailers, bonuses,...) You don't see/encounter that and they are skipped, AnyDVD can't do that. It rips the entire disc, or not at all.

Defective disc plain and simple, there's nothing new on that title especially for such an old title. We see this on the forum on a near daily basis.

It's up to you

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

First of all, AnyDVD should not render the drive completely locked out until the power to it is cut off if it encounters scratched disk. I don't think that is what is going on.
I made a bit of progress though. Apparently, if I disable AnyDVD autostart, boot normally, then insert a disk with Cars and THEN start AnyDVD, AnyDVD can read it and gives the following:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.4, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Total size: 4152300 sectors (8109 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: CARS
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC
Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

But, also an error pops up that AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS keys......And the title never shows up in the explorer.
I checked under VideoDVD CSS keys there is a bunch of keys under "CARS" title, like Digest, VTS_01, VTS_02, ...VTS_17. Some say Substitute: Yes, Some say Substitute: No.
After about a minute of doing nothing the drive again become non-responsive.
The drive does not misbehave, if AnyDVD is not running - it is only with AnyDVD in the background that it goes into this crazy state.

I also noticed that once the drive is locked out, I can still navigate the menus in AnyDVD. But I can't disable it. I can uncheck "Enable AnyDVD" in the tray, I can select "Quit". Then AnyDVD disappears from the tray. But AnyDVDtray.exe still stays as a running process and I can't even terminate it in the task manager. I get an error "Access is denied". I am not sure if this is related to my problem with the disk or not.

The region is not set on your reader/writer, turn off AnyDVD, go into device manger set the drive for the region you are in, close device manager, turn on AnyDVD again, and try once more.

That's not an AnyDVD logfile, that's a copy paste of the status window, but set your drive region and try again.

That's not an AnyDVD logfile, that's a copy paste of the status window, but set your drive region and try again.

I know. I can't make a logfile. Set the region. Nothing has changed, but here is the new status window:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Media is CSS protected!
UDF filesystem patched!

I'll experiment a bit more.

I know. I can't make a logfile. Set the region. Nothing has changed, but here is the new status window:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Media is CSS protected!
UDF filesystem patched!

I'll experiment a bit more.
Yes you can, the status window info is useless on its own. A full logfile is needed.

Read this, try again

https://forum.redfox.bz/index.php?threads/52659/

I can't make a logfile. Set the region. Nothing has changed, but here is the new status window:
If AnyDVD can display a status window for a DVD you can create a proper logfile.

AnyDVD has a newer beta, AnyDVD (HD) 8.2.2.6 beta, it wouldn't hurt to upgrade and create a logfile.

Last edited:
Back