• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

File format options AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, or WMV?

napacatony

I'm currently using AnyDVD HD version 7.6.9.5. Mostly because it still works well and I haven't had any issues extracting from my purchased DVD/Blue-ray discs. I'd like to know if the newly released version of AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.0 will extract the files to any other file format like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, or WMV? I only use the Rip Video Disc to Harddisk... option which creates multiple files like .IFO, .VOB, and .BUP. These files aren't user friendly when using application like PLEX https://www.plex.tv/ to watch movies over many different devices.

AnyDVD only rips/decrypts. What you're talking about requires CONVERTING to a different file type. That's not something AnyDVD is designed to do. It never has and never will. Not the old versions and not the newer ones.

What you need is an conversion tool. For DVD's that would be CloneDVD mobile, for Blu-ray that's CloneBD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Ch3vr0n thank you for your reply. I'll download CloneDVD mobile and give it a try! :)

Any recommendation on how to get the resolution to 1920x1080 HD for MP4? The highest resolution for CloneDVD mobile is 852x480.

That resolution doesn't exist for DVD's. The US video resolution is 480p (ntsc) and EU (pal) is 576p. Full HD (1080p) didn't exist until Blu-ray.

So not having that resolution is perfectly normal

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Okay thank you for the reply. I'm trying to eliminate the black left and right borders without using the stretch to fit screen aspect ratio. Stretch to fit blurs the movie. I'm in the process of converting all of my previously converted movies from .IFO, .VOB, and .BUP to .mp4. The resolution seems to degrade and get a little fuzzy during the process when I use the CloneDVD mobile. Any suggestion?

Okay thank you for the reply. I'm trying to eliminate the black left and right borders without using the stretch to fit screen aspect ratio. Stretch to fit blurs the movie. I'm in the process of converting all of my previously converted movies from .IFO, .VOB, and .BUP to .mp4. The resolution seems to degrade and get a little fuzzy during the process when I use the CloneDVD mobile. Any suggestion?
What are you playing it on? This program is supposed to convert to MOBILE devices that generally have smaller screens and not meant to be played on a 70 inch TV.

I have used it using the Microsoft Xbox360 H264/AAC with 720x480 (NTSC TV) resolution and looks OK. I will add that for the easiest (less troublesome) version, use 1.2.0.1.

I've spent a long time converting movies to playable formats for devices ranging from exactly matched screen sizes, to those that aren't common. (ex 960*540)
For my daughter's Galaxy Prime, I used the 480p format... the screen is small enough not to notice compression issues, and file size (using a 64GB card) allowed me to put over 130 movies on it.
For the two phones using 1080p screens, I use the 720p format.. and again with the same results. 1280*720 isn't going to make any notable visual difference between that and a full 1920*1080 resolution. Taking into account, that screen size vs resolution, you're almost always going to have black bars.. nature of the beast. You ran into the very issue that was meant to be avoided in the first place, by trying to remove them and "stretch" the image.

If you want 1080p.. you can try this:
CloneBD to copy the contents of the main movie only.. to your hard drive (can take up to 32GB or more of space). Then, use CloneDVD Mobile from there. You will start off with the resolution at 1080p, and all your options to reduce in size as necessary. Take a quick trip down Google ave, there's a ton of info on NTSC screen sizes and formats to choose from. I typically use the automated settings when cropping, as doing them manually can produce.. shall we just say, "circus mirror" looking movies, where everything looks stretched from top to bottom.

I'm currently using AnyDVD HD version 7.6.9.5. Mostly because it still works well and I haven't had any issues extracting from my purchased DVD/Blue-ray discs. I'd like to know if the newly released version of AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.0 will extract the files to any other file format like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, or WMV? I only use the Rip Video Disc to Harddisk... option which creates multiple files like .IFO, .VOB, and .BUP. These files aren't user friendly when using application like PLEX https://www.plex.tv/ to watch movies over many different devices.

Sorry... I read this, but missed something here that might also help.

I have movies on several drives on the network, not using a server or NAS device. I have VLC installed.. on the phones as well. The program allows you to play movies that have been ripped to folders. VLC for the PC does this without having to change anything, VLC for Android, turn this option on in the settings.

Back