• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to clarify situation on BD-MOD.com (need Chinese language help)

Pelvis Popcan

Looking at this firmware mod for Oppo 203 player:

http://bd-mod.com/oppo.html

BUT, he says here:

Warning:The OPPO receives a BDA warning, Jailbreak firmware can no longer be used outside of the 203 player in china. Therefore, only use 1209

The 203 sale in china, can update to latest firmware ,if you need ,can buy player from china

Attention,please update first,then pay it. Once you pay it ,I pay to oppo .so Dont refound it.

I'm not quite sure what this means. I tried e-mailing and asking him if the Chinese modded player he's selling can ship to the USA, and if it has to stay at the 1209 firmware, or if he can provide later updated firmware mods for it, and he replied, "yes $900 include 203 player and jailbreak firmware and shipping / YES ,the latest firmware wont open."

So that doesn't make it any clearer. The problem I think is there is a language barrier. I really need someone who understands written Chinese to talk to him and translate. (I can only dream of having this skill.)

What is SOUNDS LIKE to me, is:

- The Oppo 203 can still be modded, but ONLY if it is a Chinese model player purchased in China. You can order one from him and he will put the mod on before shipping.

- Here's what's really unclear... he says, "The 203 sale in china, can update to latest firmware ,if you need ,can buy player from china". That either means: 1) He can continue to provide jailbreak firmware updates for the China model 203 player via e-mail / private links, or 2) He can **only** provide 1209 firmware for the China model player (i.e, there won't be any future mod updates), but it can be flashed (overwritten) with a later official Oppo firmware update, which will of course put back on Cinavia and region locking.

Of the two things above, I'm not sure if these are **physical** limitations due to Oppo having to change their encryption method due to the BDA (Blu-Ray Disc Authority?) warning, or if it's a legal issue of him having to comply due to legal pressure.

Finally, I'm wondering if he will be able to offer firmware for the upcoming Oppo 205 player. I tried asking him that, but he didn't answer that question.

If anyone can e-mail him in his native language asking for clarification, or if anyone just already knows what's up with this, I'd really appreciate the help!

@Pelvis Popcorn you might be able to find out if he has an agent in Hong Kong or Singapore and perhaps those agents may be able to provide a more idiomatic translation of the service he is providing. Just a thought

hi

i just bought for him through is web site and paypal the bd103 jailbrack and no answer for him for almost 2 weeks
i spoke to him on the phone - is english not so well so i realy dont understand what he saying ( i think he sed that oppo block him
for now i just stuck and wait to see what to do

So is he going to give you your money back or does he hope to find some way to get you your jailbreak firmware?

I had some 105D players I wanted that firmware for. EVERY TIME I want to get custom firmware I get blocked it seems. :(

Last edited:
until now dont realy know..

did you contact him ? do you think he would sell to you the jailbreak ?

I tried e-mailing but haven't received a reply yet.

But, I don't see why he would sell to me if he can't sell to you.

It sounds like my interpretations were wrong... it appears that the only thing he sells now is the 203 player with his mod on it, which has to be shipped from China.

i suppose you right ...

can you know if there is another solution ..?

i have heard that there is usb hardware kit ... cant find it on ebay or other site ... can u help me ?

I'm afraid not... in the same boat you are.

Will report back if I hear any updates. :\

tnks my friend . im also update u
by the way where you from ?

It's very odd that he left 1209 firmware up on site, removed 1229 update, why would it be OK to leave 1209 up? Also its unclear how chinese Oppo will be updated

hi ' can you tell me if your player is american or chinese ?
becuse i want to buy american player and want the jailbrack from bd-mod

What are about oppo-club.ru ?
You do know this topic has been dead for nearly a year right. Let's keep it that way please.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back