• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VC-1 to MP4 Resulting Size Slider?

stickyfroggy

When I am ripping a VC-1 disc and get to the Target page, when I change the video codec to MP4 it usually sets the slider approx 3/4 to the right. Would there be any quality benefit to sliding the slider all the way to the right or has CloneBD calculated something and found the max quality point for me for the conversion? Sorry if this has been asked before but for the life of me I couldn't find an answer. Thanks!

When I am ripping a VC-1 disc and get to the Target page, when I change the video codec to MP4 it usually sets the slider approx 3/4 to the right. Would there be any quality benefit to sliding the slider all the way to the right or has CloneBD calculated something and found the max quality point for me for the conversion? Sorry if this has been asked before but for the life of me I couldn't find an answer. Thanks!

You can safely move the slider to the right. It may happen, that the resulting bit rate will not match what you've selected, because the transcoder can't add more entropy to the source than there already is.
Whether you'll notice any difference in quality - I doubt it, but in the end you have to decide that for yourself.

@Reto : Is the initial setting based on any calculation of this entropy or is the initial slider setting arbitrary? If arbitrary then I may benefit by making an adjustment, if not arbitrary then leaving the calculated value would be better, IMO.

Back