• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lady Bird Region 1 DVD

I think there is a new copy protection for Lions Gate on the Lady Bird DVD. Is there going to be a fix for it soon? I am not sure how to paste a log file but I tried and posted below. Was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with this movie on DVD.
Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_E_LADY_BIRD.ziplog
    801.2 KB · Views: 9
You did fine of the logfile.
Not so much in telling us your specific issue(s) with this rip.
So what problem you having? What software you using etc. ?
-W

You did fine of the logfile.
Not so much in telling us your specific issue(s) with this rip.
So what problem you having? What software you using etc. ?
-W
I rip it to computer with Anydvd then shrink with DVDshrink. Well looked like it did good with Anydvd then when I shrunk it well it showed only 22 mins for main movie and when I tried to reauthor to where it shows the files there were multiple main movie files all were only a couple mins each. Seems like a new Lions Gate copy protection.

I did the same thing and took main movie only from the AnyDVD rip to folder. I got the whole movie.
-W

Did you rip to FOLDER or to ISO ?
-W

I think there is a new copy protection for Lions Gate on the Lady Bird DVD. Is there going to be a fix for it soon? I am not sure how to paste a log file but I tried and posted below. Was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with this movie on DVD.
Thanks!
I believe your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

So if you use 8.2.2.2 and create an unprotected iso, then mount the iso, using CloneDVD 2, you will only see the 15min Title 7 and no movie. If, however, you use the DVD itself or a protected iso, 8.2.2.2, and CloneDVD 2, you will see the proper movie Title 28. Haven't seen AnyDVD HD handle the actual DVD and p-iso correctly, but get fooled by the non-protected iso protection. Anyway, for your perusal.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_F_LADY_BIRD.ziplog
    803.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
There are REASONS AnyDVD warns you to rip a DVD to FOLDER - not ISO.
-W

Same problem. Ripped to iso using AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 (on W7), it finished in a minute and created a small .iso file. Upgraded, then ran again to iso using 8.2.2.0, it took the usual amount of time for a DVD and created an ~7Gb file but when run using VLC (what I've always used to test .iso files), it flicks to a resized window displaying the file name then immediately to a full screen window with all controls disabled. I've uploaded the log file, also screenshots of the fail message and the CSS Key section for the DVD

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.0_Info_F_LADY_BIRD.ziplog
    827.6 KB · Views: 3
  • SlySoft_Fail.jpg
    SlySoft_Fail.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
  • SlySoft_Fail2.jpg
    SlySoft_Fail2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
Same problem. Ripped to iso using AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 (on W7), it finished in a minute and created a small .iso file. Upgraded, then ran again to iso using 8.2.2.0, it took the usual amount of time for a DVD and created an ~7Gb file but when run using VLC (what I've always used to test .iso files), it flicks to a resized window displaying the file name then immediately to a full screen window with all controls disabled. I've uploaded the log file, also screenshots of the fail message and the CSS Key section for the DVD
From your log:

HL-DT-ST BD-REWH12LS30 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

You need to set your drive hardware region to avoid CSS decryption related discs. Then try again. If it still fails, new logfile.

As to VLC, that's an excellent basic video player, but just because it can play DVDs doesn't mean it's good at it. Try PowerDVD, on top of that you're not supposed to use the image ripper on a DVD. So you're doing a triple bad thing

- unset region
- ripping a DVD with AnyDVD to iso
- using VLC for iso playback (which isn't relevant at all here, playback problems with third party software are not an AnyDVD problem if decryption is successful)

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

From your log:

HL-DT-ST BD-REWH12LS30 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

You need to set your drive hardware region to avoid CSS decryption related discs. Then try again. If it still fails, new logfile

Thanks. Will fix and try again.

Set drive region and re-ran AnyDVD but still no go. Creates 7GB iso file, VLC opens up full screen then I press play and it flicks to small window with file name and back out again. Been using AnyDVD to create .iso files & VLC this way for about 10 years, occasionally a DVD would fail but a later version of AnyDVD would fix it. Can also try making a direct DVD to DVD backup and see if that plays ok.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.0_Info_F_LADY_BIRD.ziplog
    813.7 KB · Views: 1
AnyDVD throws you that warning for a reason, if you must have a DVD iso, use CloneDVD2. Rip the disc to FOLDER, and try playback in a REAL DVD player like PowerDVD and report back. VLC is no adequate for testing.

AnyDVD throws you that warning for a reason, if you must have a DVD iso, use CloneDVD2. Rip the disc to FOLDER, and try playback in a REAL DVD player like PowerDVD and report back. VLC is no adequate for testing.

Tried it with the latest PowerDVD Ultra 17.0.2508.62 and it's still not working 100%.
Ripped using CLONEDVD2 (as always), tried to a DVD in a 2nd drive and tried to a FOLDER. Still has problems. I can skip thru each of the previews then play movie and it will play, but if I try to use "Title Menu" it crashes out. It's watchable, but for now I'll hope RedFox will fix it for a future release.

PowerDVD can also play the ISO file that VLC crashes out on, with the same issues as above when playing the DVD or FOLDER.

And oddly enough, Kodi plays the iso file just fine, menus and all.

Last edited:
Tried it with the latest PowerDVD Ultra 17.0.2508.62 and it's still not working 100%.
Ripped using CLONEDVD2 (as always), tried to a DVD in a 2nd drive and tried to a FOLDER. Still has problems. I can skip thru each of the previews then play movie and it will play, but if I try to use "Title Menu" it crashes out. It's watchable, but for now I'll hope RedFox will fix it for a future release.

PowerDVD can also play the ISO file that VLC crashes out on, with the same issues as above when playing the DVD or FOLDER.

And oddly enough, Kodi plays the iso file just fine, menus and all.
@James protection issue?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

So if you use 8.2.2.2 and create an unprotected iso, then mount the iso, using CloneDVD 2, you will only see the 15min Title 7 and no movie. If, however, you use the DVD itself or a protected iso, 8.2.2.2, and CloneDVD 2, you will see the proper movie Title 28. Haven't seen AnyDVD HD handle the actual DVD and p-iso correctly, but get fooled by the non-protected iso protection. Anyway, for your perusal.

With 8.2.3.0, AnyDVD HD now sees the movie title as well as the other outtake titles (3 of them) that previous versions of it were showing. Consider my issue corrected. Thanks.

Back