• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WOW! Slysoft HDDVD!!!

cowboijr

:bowdown: I gotta say, sorta new to the posting here, and DONT ever really give plugs to any corp. but I have received alot of help by reading your posts and forums here, so thanks to those who post for us illiterates...lol as it were....
So here goes...I have had the Slysoft DVD software for some time now, and was leary to upgrade to the SLYSOFT HD DVD for the extra dollars. But WOW...the difference the burning is...VERY clear as if you could reach out and touch it. the lines of the crarectors and props are so crisp. just wanted to say to those who've wondered about the HD instead of the regular Slysoft DVD....Its WELL worth it.

Problem now!!! Do I wonna go back and re-burn all my movies with the HDDVD software,,,D-a-r-n!!!!:doh:

If you do, then you would have to redo them all with the HD versions. Have fun.

Question: Does anyone know if there's even any compression involved with the HD/Blu-Ray parts of AnyDvd/CloneDVD? I think I asked that before but I don't know where or when. I would think there isn't any compression.

Um, yes there is. HD-DVD uses MPEG4, Blu-Ray uses MPEG2.

There is no way (AFAIK) to back up HD-DVD discs right now as there are no consumer HD-DVD burners.

There are Blu-Ray burners, but the current price of the blank media combined with the current price of the burners makes it more economical to just buy a second copy of a given title.

Single layer HD-DVD is 15GB. I suspect the movie companies are using double layer HD-DVDs which can hold 30GB. So your typical HD-DVD blank (single layer) is not bigger than commercially sold movies.

It figures....I was hoping to get out of the single-layer double layer stuff. However Blu-Ray has much more space potential.

I did find player combos for both and plans for combo burners from LG and Pioneer, but those plans were "scrapped" I suppose would be a good word. That or "on hold depending upon market demand".

As for HD-DVD burners, they exist. Here's a Toshiba that orignally came out in 2006:

http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Pa...00003048/818200000e9c000000010000659c00003052

They previously announced that it was available to OEM's only. There's no place to buy one. Plus, I don't know of any OEM's right now who are offering this drive in any of their PC's.

I suspect they after they announced this drive for availability in January 2007 (it wasn't 2006), then were pressured by the studios or some other source to not ship it.

They will eventually come out, but at the present time, getting a HD-DVD burner is virtually impossible.

Last edited:
Hi all

Economically, its not viable to backup HD-DVD or Blu-Ray movies as by the time you add the hardware (drive) then add the cost of the blank media which maybe close to the original copy, then its not worth it.

This was the same when DVD first came out, everything was ultra expensive, no you can buy a DVD burner for $65 Australian. Its a waiting game and the longer we wait the cheaper it gets and the more popular the availability will be.

Rodney

Back