• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blade Runner The Final Cut (4k UHD) Won't Scan

tzgq2m19

1. Get and install the latest version of AnyDVD as seen at the very top of this Forum
8.2.2.2 Beta installed

2. Set "Default" status in AnyDVD
Done

3. Problem Explanation
After inserting disc in drive, and attempting to let AnyDVD scan it, I receive the following errors as pop-up messages:

(1) Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!

(2) ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

• the title of the disc and its country of origin: Blade Runner The Final Cut, looks to be Canadian
  • barcode: 8 83929 59438 2
  • Webshop link: https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Final-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B073C1ZYW9
  • what you are trying to do: Initial AnyDVD disc scan
  • If I try to further initiate a "Rip to Image" or "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk", I get an error saying the D: drive is not ready.
  • Disc is brand new. Disc is clean.

4. Post an AnyDVD log file.
Attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_D_BLADE_RUNNER_THE_FINAL_CUT.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
1. Get and install the latest version of AnyDVD as seen at the very top of this Forum
8.2.2.2 Beta installed

2. Set "Default" status in AnyDVD
Done

3. Problem Explanation
After inserting disc in drive, and attempting to let AnyDVD scan it, I receive the following errors as pop-up messages:

(1) Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!

(2) ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

• the title of the disc and its country of origin: Blade Runner The Final Cut, looks to be Canadian
  • barcode: 8 83929 59438 2
  • Webshop link: https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Final-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B073C1ZYW9
  • what you are trying to do: Initial AnyDVD disc scan
  • If I try to further initiate a "Rip to Image" or "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk", I get an error saying the D: drive is not ready.
  • Disc is brand new. Disc is clean.

4. Post an AnyDVD log file.
Attached
Uhd support at this time is experimental. The not ready error means that title is currently not supported. Patience is required. Logfiles are not needed at this time

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Uhd support at this time is experimental. The not ready error means that title is currently not supported. Patience is required. Logfiles are not needed at this time

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
No. "Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!" means, that there is a problem connecting to AnyDVD update server. Firewall?

@James right, the one i meant is the "error processing disc" right?

Don't think so, you can't process the disk if you can't connect to the OPD

Normali iirc when a UHD is unsuported, the msg is like, The MKB "number" is not suported

If the MKB isn't supported > error processing disc, but it's not just that. The MKB is just part of it. The version itself needs to be supported too

No. "Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!" means, that there is a problem connecting to AnyDVD update server. Firewall?
I highly doubt that it's a firewall issue. Other UHD discs are scanning and backing up fine, such as Batman Begins, Mad Max, GoodFellas, and several others. I can run a packet capture if you still think it might be firewall related though.

Edit: I now believe that it's really just AnyDVD 8.2.2.2 handling this disc correctly. After disabling AnyDVD, MakeMKV no longer can handle this disc, and in fact the hashed keys for this title, linked to in the MakeMKV forum, do not work for this disc. (I'm sending them the AACS dump.) Sorry that I jumped the gun on my assessment, it was some very odd timing to start working, after I had been trying to get this working for a week.

My original post:
Just an update for anyone that might face this issue in the future. After I installed MakeMKV 1.12, and referenced the hashed keys for this title, AnyDVD started behaving normally. I don't understand exactly how or why that worked, but I made no other changes. Proof is in the pudding:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.2, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 29215648 sectors (57061 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BLADE_RUNNER_THE_FINAL_CUT
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 61
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Removed AACS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.

Last edited:
Back