• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media center and 4k Backups

peterbus

I never in my wildest dreams did i think i would ever be able to do this with 4k UHD discs.
I remember wanting to do this with VHS,DVD,Blu-Ray and now UHD .
Of course VHS was out but then came anydvd and the Backups were possible.
Thanks Redfox.
System Details.
Zappiti Player one 4k
Zappiti Media Center
Sony 55” Bravia (Android)
Onkyo receiver 5.1.2

Attachments

• C3394083-3F6F-4E8A-9B33-16DF1B4B8D0E.jpeg
    C3394083-3F6F-4E8A-9B33-16DF1B4B8D0E.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 76
  • C84BB0A7-11AD-4FFC-A501-64FB027B9AEA.jpeg
    C84BB0A7-11AD-4FFC-A501-64FB027B9AEA.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 66
  • DEE55EF9-94EE-470E-B7CA-4601C70D3E3C.jpeg
    DEE55EF9-94EE-470E-B7CA-4601C70D3E3C.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 59
  • A80F0518-7CDC-4E30-8AD4-ED7A194E485E.jpeg
    A80F0518-7CDC-4E30-8AD4-ED7A194E485E.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 68
Zappiti Player one 4k
Zappiti Media Center

The Zappati has a pretty slick presentation there.

I might look into this.

Is there a limit to the amount of UHDs it accesses or can it find movies on any computer on your home network?

T

It will play UHD ISOs, created by RedFox, with all the HDR and other bells and whistles?
It does not say it will play WTV files, with is the Windows TV file...what WMC saves TV shows in. Do you know if it actually can play them?

The Zappati has a pretty slick presentation there.

I might look into this.

Is there a limit to the amount of UHDs it accesses or can it find movies on any computer on your home network?

T
Yes , has an internal 8tbs drive , SeagateMedia Nas, Qnap Nas , because it’s android you can use Plex , Kodi etc.
You can use the Zappiti media center for the juke box on either your pc or the Zappiti box it self.
Works flawless even with Blu-ray ISO over the network but haven’t tried 4K over the network.

Attachments

• 1745F10C-F089-45E4-A331-F06ACFBF992F.jpeg
    1745F10C-F089-45E4-A331-F06ACFBF992F.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 29
  • 50FA3043-5AD7-4F1D-A81C-3C5D92DC4AD0.jpeg
    50FA3043-5AD7-4F1D-A81C-3C5D92DC4AD0.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 27
It will play UHD ISOs, created by RedFox, with all the HDR and other bells and whistles?
It does not say it will play WTV files, with is the Windows TV file...what WMC saves TV shows in. Do you know if it actually can play them?
Video file formats: UHD ISO, 3D BD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, MKV, MKV 3D, MK3D, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, WebM, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS, RMVB, RM, DAT, VOB, 3GP, FLV, DAT, AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD 3D, AVHD Progressive).
This list sums it up but I haven’t tried WMV.

Video file formats: UHD ISO, 3D BD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, MKV, MKV 3D, MK3D, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, WebM, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS, RMVB, RM, DAT, VOB, 3GP, FLV, DAT, AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD 3D, AVHD Progressive).
This list sums it up but I haven’t tried WMV.

Since you have one, can you try it? I can record a small WTV file and post it for you. It is able to be played by Windows Media Player (since Microsoft invented the format it makes sense).

I downloaded the software version of the PC and am going to install it on my Windows 10 PC later today and do a test link to my Windows 7 WMC box to see what it can find. If it works as I hope it does, this may be the answer to all my problems!

I also hope they can figure out a way to sell the NAS in the US with its ripping capability, that would be awesome.

I just tested the software server and player. I used the server to add movies, the movies were able to be added regardless of if they were local to the machine or on another machine. It read them fine and created a folder for itself in the movie folder to store the info about the movie. The movies appeared in the media center and since their extensions are already registered to PDVD17, when I clicked the movie it opened in PDVD17 without any issues.

It did NOT recognize WTV files as being playable, even though the extension is registered on the Windows machine. It scanned them all and created its folder to store info about the shows, but they did not appear in the media player for me to view them.

It also does not support forced subtitles at all. So in movies like Avatar, you either have to get ALL the subtitles (English subtitles even when they are speaking English) or else get none of them (so no English subtitles when they speak in a language other than English).

it looks very promising, but those two things it cannot do take it out of the running for me.

EDIT: I did not try its ripping feature at all since I have AnyDVD HD.

There is a long standing thread over at at AVS Forums:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...86633-zappiti-4k-hdr-mini-one-duo-thread.html

I purchased the Zappiti 4k Duo HDR about a year ago. Placed two 8tbs hard drives in it and have about 11tbs of movies on them. Most are blu-ray iso but I have quite a few m2ts files of dvd as well. Also started a UHD blu-ray dedicated 10tb hard drive that I placed in a usb attached 5-bay Mobius enclosure that I have set up as JBOD. So far I only have two UHD blu-ray iso's that I ripped using AnyDVD. The Zappiti scrapes all of the movies from the various hard drives into one library. I plan on eventually placing four more 10tb hard drives in it.

Yes , has an internal 8tbs drive , SeagateMedia Nas, Qnap Nas , because it’s android you can use Plex , Kodi etc.
You can use the Zappiti media center for the juke box on either your pc or the Zappiti box it self.
Works flawless even with Blu-ray ISO over the network but haven’t tried 4K over the network.

Ok, I'm going to look into this further. Might just work for me....

Btw, I have successfully played UHD iso's across my home network but only using wired connections.

Interested to test and see if Wireless-AC can really transmit UHD disc content...

T

Ok, I'm going to look into this further. Might just work for me....

Btw, I have successfully played UHD iso's across my home network but only using wired connections.

Interested to test and see if Wireless-AC can really transmit UHD disc content...

T
There’s a great interface for iPad as well that mimics the zappiti media box.
Here’s a short video.
When you pick a movie it plays on your tv.

It’s an expansion drive for Zappiti Nas which means it’s running as a zappiti server HDD

expansion drive are you sure? If you read the advert
it says that its an optical drive that attaches to a zappiti
NAS. You place your uhd 4k blu-ray in the tray and it rips it straight to the NAS server.

so that's why i asked would it work on a stand alone NAS
or even as a friendly drive?

Can you use an external drive connected to the USB input without having to have an internal drive in the Zappiti?

If not what external drive do you have in the Zappiti & how many TB?

Does it play UHD AnyDVD rips?

I really like the interface.

Can you use an external drive connected to the USB input without having to have an internal drive in the Zappiti?

If not what external drive do you have in the Zappiti & how many TB?

Does it play UHD AnyDVD rips?

Yes you can and yes it does.

I meant to ask does it play AnyDVD 4k .iso files

And AnyDVD Blu-ray .iso files.

Thanks for the quick response. I’m thinking about picking one up this weekend.

Since it doesn’t play UHD menus how do you navigate to different audio tracks & subtitles?

Also does it have Blu-ray menus? If not how do you navigate audio & subtitle tracks on those?

I’m still considering purchasing one of these. Is there any other players that play UHD .iso files & is easier to use than this one that anyone has tried?

Are they working on UHD menus? From what I’ve read it does play Atmos & DTS:X audio right?

Lastly is it easy to delete movies & add movies to the interface?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions as I’m trying to decide whether this would be my best option & if so whether to go with external drives or to go with internal & if so should I go with the 1 or 2 bay player.

Last edited:
Since it doesn’t play UHD menus how do you navigate to different audio tracks & subtitles?

Also does it have Blu-ray menus? If not how do you navigate audio & subtitle tracks on those?

I’m still considering purchasing one of these. Is there any other players that play UHD .iso files & is easier to use than this one that anyone has tried?

Are they working on UHD menus? From what I’ve read it does play Atmos & DTS:X audio right?

Lastly is it easy to delete movies & add movies to the interface?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions as I’m trying to decide whether this would be my best option & if so whether to go with external drives or to go with internal & if so should I go with the 1 or 2 bay player.

That's what the language / status / display button is for on your remote. As a workaround, I often do that too. I CBA to configure first then play. I just press play and use the remote.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back