• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD support is marvellous, only two unsupported discs out of 61!

mbarnstijn

Those two unsupported discs are Logan Lucky and San Andreas, both Canadian releases. I've tried them both once a day since the release of 8.2.1.9. If there's anything I can do to help with these particular discs, so that I can legally back up my purchase, just let me know.

Great work from RedFox!

--michael

same here - i've only got 4 UHD discs, Ghost in the Shell and Atomic Bonde are supported, John Wick 1 and 2 are not (yet, unless i'm doing something wrong). UK releases.

AnyDVD 8.2.2.0+LG WH16NS58D can't Rip Transformers: The Last Knight(4K UHD)

Same here - with 8.2.2.2 and the Asus BW-16 friendly drive with 3.0.2 firmware, The Last Knight UHS (US) ISO rips fails with read errors. Cleaned the disc and tried again. NG. Will try MKV next, and if that fails will exchange my disk. Currently ripping Transformers Age of Extinction so lets see...if anyone needs logs, let me know...

Last edited:
I am thankful for the support of UHD disk! Great job, even if it is not certain it will last. So far I have only ripped 2 disk, Cloverfield and Jigsaw and it was simple as always. Glad not to have to try to add keys or something.

I've backed up four UHD discs so far with my Asus drive, but I cannot backup Interstellar. Fails every time right at 75%, reporting corrupt sectors. That seems like a layer change or something. Both 8.2.2.0 and 8.2.2.2 beta have the same issue.

I've backed up four UHD discs so far with my Asus drive, but I cannot backup Interstellar. Fails every time right at 75%, reporting corrupt sectors. That seems like a layer change or something. Both 8.2.2.0 and 8.2.2.2 beta have the same issue.

This have worked for me a couple of times, when having the same problem

Make a protected image, donno if its working when decrypting the disc
When i gives the sector read error, let the drive rest for 5-10 min, still keepimng AnyDVD running, eject the disc, wipe it clean, reload the disc, then click retry

Have you tried cleaning the disc? UHD discs are VERY sensitive to fingermarks and your problem sounds just like that. If not it's probably a bad disc.

Have you tried cleaning the disc? UHD discs are VERY sensitive to fingermarks and your problem sounds just like that. If not it's probably a bad disc.

Trying that now, and if I hit the issue again I'll try Hackerjac's suggestion too. The disc was clean out of the case, no fingerprints, no dust.

Trying that now, and if I hit the issue again I'll try Hackerjac's suggestion too. The disc was clean out of the case, no fingerprints, no dust.
The previous poster is correct, UHD 4K discs are very temperamental, they will come up with read error if they are the slightest bit dusty or fingerprinted. Its just something easy to try and see if that may be the issue.

What is a good program to rip to iso? Also to what format is it most useful to rip for use by most software that can play these 4k files?

The previous poster is correct, UHD 4K discs are very temperamental, they will come up with read error if they are the slightest bit dusty or fingerprinted. Its just something easy to try and see if that may be the issue.

I used a microfiber cloth to clean it (radially of course), and it made it to 81%. I paused the rip and ejected the disc and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then closed the tray and have anydvd continue again. So far up to 85% now, so progress at least. It seems that the drive might be sensitive as well, perhaps to heat from the process of continuous reads? Or perhaps the heating of the disc during the process affects it as well?

I used a microfiber cloth to clean it (radially of course), and it made it to 81%. I paused the rip and ejected the disc and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then closed the tray and have anydvd continue again. So far up to 85% now, so progress at least. It seems that the drive might be sensitive as well, perhaps to heat from the process of continuous reads? Or perhaps the heating of the disc during the process affects it as well?
You might be spot on. Remember these discs are in the drive long than any discs to date, so the heat may play a factor, I am not sure.

You might be spot on. Remember these discs are in the drive long than any discs to date, so the heat may play a factor, I am not sure.

Yeah heat may very well be a factor here. I got it to complete, but it skipped sectors with read errors earlier in the process, so I have a non-viable rip. What I'm going to try now is to let the disc and drive cool, then I'll rip to about 70% and pause, eject and cool, and then try to finish. If that's successful, we know a little more about the challenges here.

Yeah heat may very well be a factor here. I got it to complete, but it skipped sectors with read errors earlier in the process, so I have a non-viable rip. What I'm going to try now is to let the disc and drive cool, then I'll rip to about 70% and pause, eject and cool, and then try to finish. If that's successful, we know a little more about the challenges here.

Well no matter what, I can't complete a rip successfully. I'm going to assume a bad disc and get a replacement and try again.

I have both the FR and the UK version of this disc and both are OK with : ASUS BW16D1HT (FW 3.00) & ANYDVD HD 8.2.2.2

You can rip discs with reading problems with AnyDVD and live with the errors and accept that ripping is not perfect. The resulting disc burnt from this non-perfect rip will play in the standalone player but will skip the bad parts.

So far so good with the uhd disks I've ripped. Done jigsaw, blade runner(new one) and IT. Have another 65 to do :confused: and no time to do them.... :banghead: Disk method is the best as no encoding is needed on the 1st generation source. The capture method can be done with bm4k mini and the proper splitter but requires more advanced knowledge. Either way there are 2 ways to the final result.

Back