• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Crashing on Media Change

MK-Slinky

When prompted to insert a blank blu-ray CloneBD does not recognise that a blank disc has been inserted and then promptly crashes! I can see the files created in the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\Dunkirk folder but is it still possible to burn them to disc?

I did just try that but it looks like CloneBD wants to reprocess them once again.

Any help appreciated thanks...

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    367.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So I just updated AnyDVD to see if that would help and after opening CloneBD and selecting the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\Dunkirk (created previously) and then choosing 'Complete Copy' I'm prompted to insert a blank disc but then CloneBD is not recognising the media change. (see below)

Also I'm noticing that if I quit CloneBD while the blank blu-ray is still in the drive, the next time I open CloneBD it shows the following 'red empty drive icon' (see below)

Note these discs are Verbatim BD-R and have caused no issues in the past. Likewise Windows recognises the discs have been inserted.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    283.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    533.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Update!

I'm not sure if this is going to result in a failure but I exited AnyDVD in the taskbar and when went through the above process once more and inserted a blank disc when asked. Again CloneBD did not recognise a blank disc had been inserted but it did allow me to begin processing, VERY STRANGE!! Currently the disc does seem to be burning successfully despite CloneBD thinking no disc is inserted. I will update you all on the outcome but my only worry is that with AnyDVD disabled I might now end up with a disc which won't play.

Update 2!

Just when I didn't think things could get any more bizarre my disc has finished burning however the resulting log window suggests no data was written!!

However upon checking playback using VLC Media Player the film has burnt correctly. What the heck is going on????

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    533.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Dunkirk.cbdlog
    113.6 KB · Views: 5
Just in case it's needed, here is a copy of AnyDVD system info...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.0_Info.ziplog
    12.3 KB · Views: 1
Just when I didn't think things could get any more bizarre my disc has finished burning however the resulting log window suggests no data was written!!

However upon checking playback using VLC Media Player the film has burnt correctly. What the heck is going on????

The information refers to the amount of bytes written to HDD.
Since you simply burned a source without modification, the burn happened directly from source to BD-R, that amount was 0 bytes.

Thanks Pete, actually I did modify the source originally and only selected the main title though what you say does seem to make sense. Just curious though why CloneBD is not seeing the blank BD's when I insert them? I've not encountered this issue in the past, it's only since I installed Windows 10 64 Bit.

I've been reading elsewhere for advice and have deleted my BD/DVD drive from Device Manager and restarted the system and even tried inserting another blank BD into CloneBD but what is different now is that CloneBD now thinks the blank disc is 'Dunkirk'. Maybe CloneBD is assuming I now want to burn that movie? It still shows the drive as empty though!

Another weird thing I just noticed in Explorer..., My BD drive does not show the movie title 'Dunkirk' if AnyDVD is running in the system tray.

If I disable AnyDVD, Explorer does correctly show the movie title. Is this related to the above issue?

Attachments

• AnyDVD Disabled.PNG
    AnyDVD Disabled.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 9
  • AnyDVD enabled.PNG
    AnyDVD enabled.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
As an update to my last it appears that AnyDVD is preventing the system from seeing a disc when it is inserted into the drive, the above image 'AnyDVD Disabled.PNG' seems to qualify that comment. Presumably this is why CloneBD can't see the blank discs either though why it can still see the original BD movie disk 'Dunkirk' has me baffled.

Hopefully someone from RedFox could take a proper look at this post starting at the top, it would be very helpful (y) A part of me thinks this issue began when I installed the latest version of CloneBD right after I installed Windows 10 64 Bit, it did work properly prior to that.

Last edited:
For what it's worth if anyone is interested I managed to watch my backup copy of Dunkirk last night (discussed above) and I can confirm the copy performed flawlessly, sadly though the same cannot be said about CloneBD which still is not working correctly as per my first post above.

In an attempt to overcome the above issues I've asked Amazon to replace my BD Burner - can anyone recommend anything? Currently I have a Pioneer BDR-209DBK which seems to get good reviews on Amazon but I'm now wondering if mine is faulty. Strangely it works fine if AnyDVD is disabled.

Can you please post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc?
Further, you have the driver GenericMount.sys (Norton?) running. Can you remove it?

Thanks for assisting me James :)

Just to bring you up to speed, I have now purchased a new BD Writer 'ASUS BW-16D1HT' and although I have yet to burn a BD disc I can confirm the issue of ConeBD reporting the drive as empty even when a disc is inserted is still present.

This is really upsetting given I've now had to spend almost £70 without curing the problem. I don't know if you've read my other post here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-preventing-drive-from-seeing-any-discs.74590/

but it does seem that AnyDVD is somehow impacting on this issue. As previously stated when AnyDVD is disabled the problem goes away.

I have updated AnyDVD to the latest Beta v.8.2.2.2 but this makes no difference.

Regarding 'GenericMount.sys' I did a quick search and Windows finds the following...

GenericMount.PNG

You are correct in thinking it might be Norton, it's part of Symantec System Recovery SSR-2013 (Now owned by Veritas). Unfortunately I cannot uninstall these files without uninstalling this software which I really don't want to do for obvious reasons.

The attached AnyDVD Info file was created with my new ASUS BD Writer.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_F_HACKSAW_RIDGE.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
@James

Have you had chance to examine those logs yet chap? Also any feedback regarding the 'GenericMount.sys' would be welcomed.

Thanks ;)

@James

Have you had chance to examine those logs yet chap? Also any feedback regarding the 'GenericMount.sys' would be welcomed.

Thanks ;)
Everything is fine according to your logs. I am waiting for logs from others, maybe I can see similarities.

Thanks James, it's comforting to know you're still working on this. Did you have any further comments regarding the GenericMount.sys? I can't really see a way around removing it without removing my backup software which is important to keep installed.

@James

I don't know if this Windows Reliability Report is of any use? This report relates to the crash that I reported in the first post dated 8th Feb 2018.

Attachments

• CloneBD Crash Report.txt
    987 bytes · Views: 2
Update on the above...

Yesterday I successfully managed to backup 'Kingsman - The Golden Circle' without any of the issues identified above, however Windows did pop up two message boxes that I wasn't expecting.

To explain further, after CloneBD had finished transcoding the original disc it ejected and asked me to insert a blank disc, while inserting the blank disc and at that same precise moment I received the following two messages:

eject-error.png

Followed immediately by:

Capture.PNG

I'm not sure why Windows reported an error ejecting the disc as CloneBD had already ejected it for me? I seem to recall this did happen with the other drive that I just sent back to Amazon.

CloneBD Log file added..

Attachments

• Kingsman Golden Circle.cbdlog
    188 KB · Views: 0
Back