• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blank media doesn't work in my NEC +-RW drive

Andoni

I brought a spindle of Verbatim and Sony DVD-R and they worked wonderfully. I have tried literally 10 other brands since and none of them work. Meaning after I am prompted to insert media and I put in a blank the program goes 'oh no' and kicks out the dvd and tells me to insert a blank one. I went and bought 2 spindles of Sony and now those two do not work anymore either. What can i do? my computer burns to those DVD's just not when I use Clone DVD. is there a brand of DVD that always works?
Please help!!!

If the media works with other software, your DVDRW would appear to be OK. Your problem seems to be with CloneDVD....though I can't imagine what. I don't use CloneDVD so I can't be of any help with that.

I brought a spindle of Verbatim and Sony DVD-R and they worked wonderfully. I have tried literally 10 other brands since and none of them work.

Then I think you answered your own question.

Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim, Maxell Broadcast Quality, Maxell Plus series, Taiyo Yuden Premium, etc (not Memorex, not generic Maxell, not Princo, not TDK from Costco, not Fuji, not Ritek). If you're going to make a double layer backup use Verbatim + R DL media (made in Singapore); I find most burners will burn Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) well at 4x (to be safe); other burners can burn this stuff at 6x or higher with no problems. Get to know your burner.
visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25

As for why the other inferior blank media you're using works with other programs--Clonedvd relies heavily on firmware and media codes--more so than other programs do.

It's also possible something changed on your system since you used Verbatim with Clonedvd. Check your filters:

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

Perhaps I misunderstood parts of your post? My understanding was no media will work when using CloneDVD. Does CloneDVD work with the Verbatim media?

my blank DVD saga

I wanted to say thank you for all of the replies so far ...
so far Verbatim works and Sony DID work. I bought another SONY spindle and now that kind does not work anymore. Even if they are still SONY I take it that the quality varies.
So ... only my limited supply of SONY blank DVD's work and my last spindle of Verbatim. So not all DVD's are alike?
Is there something I can load to help the DVD player? I went to my computers website (Dell) and reloaded something for the DVD player to make sure it was up to date and not corrupted but that didnt affect it any.
Is my situation unique? And as someone mentioned earlier, does the program make the drive more sensitive even though I can burn to most type DVD's using another program?

I wanted to say thank you for all of the replies so far ...
so far Verbatim works and Sony DID work. I bought another SONY spindle and now that kind does not work anymore. Even if they are still SONY I take it that the quality varies.
So ... only my limited supply of SONY blank DVD's work and my last spindle of Verbatim. So not all DVD's are alike?
Is there something I can load to help the DVD player? I went to my computers website (Dell) and reloaded something for the DVD player to make sure it was up to date and not corrupted but that didnt affect it any.
Is my situation unique? And as someone mentioned earlier, does the program make the drive more sensitive even though I can burn to most type DVD's using another program?

OK...Thank you for clearing that up. Some Sony discs are made in Japan and are good quality but most available Sony media is not. To ensure you continue to make good copies....stay with Verbatim.
What you got from Dell's site was most likely a firmware update and that will rarely solve any media compatibility issues. Your situation is far from unique.

I brought a spindle of Verbatim and Sony DVD-R and they worked wonderfully. I have tried literally 10 other brands since and none of them work. Meaning after I am prompted to insert media and I put in a blank the program goes 'oh no' and kicks out the dvd and tells me to insert a blank one. I went and bought 2 spindles of Sony and now those two do not work anymore either. What can i do? my computer burns to those DVD's just not when I use Clone DVD. is there a brand of DVD that always works?
Please help!!!

Hi Andoni
Here is a solution you could try to see if those Sony DVD-r’s will work. When you use cloneDVD2 in the last step (output method) chose DVD files (top of page). For your output (what I do) go to My Documents and Settings make a new folder with the movies name. Now in cloneDVD2 select the output directory (the folder you just made) and hit go. the files will be sent to the foder. When it’s done close cloneDVD2. Now you can open Nero or what ever burning program you have and burn the files with that. If they burn that way you no it’s something with clone. Plus you can use up the Sony’s you have.
PS let me know if it works for you

I had problems with my burner spitting out the disks saying 'no media inserted'. I then found out it was only whilst AnyDvd was scanning the disk. If I waited a few seconds, I had no problem.

Back