• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD Drives and Firmware Questions

The firmware flashing process worked OK for me - Thanks
I received an LG BH16NS55 with firmware version 1.03 (so needed to downgrade or crossflash).

All my machines except a Dell M1710 are too new to support IDE. I had to replace the DVD drive in that machine with an IDE SSD enclosure. I was then able to connect the LG drive using a 7pin SATA cable. That allowed me to boot USB run the LG drive as IDE and run dosflash. But I can see the IDE restriction being an obstacle for some users.

I crossflashed the LG drive to an ASUS BW16D1HT v 3.02

Last edited:
The ASUS BW16D1HT v 3.00 is available as a retail drive for 80USD and has a 25USD rebate, 58.00USD in the end. Works great no crossflashing and its fast and quiet. I love it.

@TeddyRaspin, I've been reading the wonderful stuff you've found and posted to make drives UHD friendly over the last several weeks. I just received a LG WH16NS40 with 1.03 Rom from Amazon that was manufactured in November 2017. Could you point me to the guide to flash this back as 1.02 or to the ASUS firmware?

Again, thanks so much.

@TeddyRaspin, I've been reading the wonderful stuff you've found and posted to make drives UHD friendly over the last several weeks. I just received a LG WH16NS40 with 1.03 Rom from Amazon that was manufactured in November 2017. Could you point me to the guide to flash this back as 1.02 or to the ASUS firmware?

Again, thanks so much.
Check post 155

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Check post 155

Thanks @Ch3vr0n.

I've created the bootable USB drive and will set an old bench PC to IDE. Is there a consensus about flashing the LG WH16NS40 drive back to LG's 1.02 FW or flashing it to one (and which one) of the ASUS firmwares? Also, where is the most reliable location to download the reference firmwares?

@hart2hart

If you read well my guide, I've linked "clean firmwares" in order to do the job, but if you wish, you can first dump your current firmware, send it to me and I'll prepare a full 100% working 1.02 firmware for you. :)

I want to apologize to anyone waiting for the ASUS BW-16D1H-U A201, a sinus infection has resurfaced and I have migraine-level headaches, but I have not forgotten about you. I will give you my A201 firmware within a few days.

// Stefan

I want to apologize to anyone waiting for the ASUS BW-16D1H-U A201, a sinus infection has resurfaced and I have migraine-level headaches, but I have not forgotten about you. I will give you my A201 firmware within a few days.

// Stefan

I wish you all the best for your health, buddy!

@hart2hart

If you read well my guide, I've linked "clean firmwares" in order to do the job, but if you wish, you can first dump your current firmware, send it to me and I'll prepare a full 100% working 1.02 firmware for you. :)
I really appreciate your input here. You are a master of your trade.;):thankyou:

Is there a consensus about flashing the LG WH16NS40 drive back to LG's 1.02 FW or flashing it to one (and which one) of the ASUS firmwares?
Both are fine.
There is a consensus that the ASUS ones are faster. After downgrading my BE16NU50 i also crossflashed to ASUS BW16D1HT v 3.02 with max. 34MB/s rip speed now.

Has anyone had any luck with the LG WH14NS40? I just got a new one. It is service code NS50, manufactured December 2017, firmware 1.03 according to the label. Will following the procedure in post 155 work with this drive?

Thanks.

Yes, that downgrade procedure will work - provided you have hardware that offers the required IDE transfer mode BIOS setting.

First of all to thank TeddyRaspin.
my LG BH16NS55 firm 1.03 go down to version 1.02 without problems, everything perfectly, thank you very much for the tutorial, and the collaboration, it's great to work with people like that. Thank you very much

Today I bought a LG WH16NS60 with firmware 1.00
Every UHD disc I put in (10 so far from different studios) gives me this message:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.2.2, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 44594240 sectors (87098 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: TRANSFORMERS 1 AC
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I checked the guidelines for drives before I purchased this drive & it stated it worked with 1.00 firmware. I get the same error message on 4k UHD discs from Warner, Fox, Sony, etc.
Ones I've tried include: Bladerunner 2049, The Dark Knight, Dunkirk, Spider-Man Homecoming to name a few.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I'm running AnyDVD 8.2.2.2

Last edited:
Today I bought a LG WH16NS60 with firmware 1.00
Every UHD disc I put in (10 so far from different studios) gives me this message:

Video Blu-ray label: STAR TREK 2009
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

I checked the guidelines for drives before I purchased this drive & it stated it worked with 1.00 firmware. I get the same error message on 4k UHD discs from Warner, Fox, Sony, etc.
Ones I've tried include: Bladerunner 2049, The Dark Knight, Dunkirk, Spider-Man Homecoming to name a few.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I'm running AnyDVD 8.2.2.2
The WH16NS60 is a certified UHD drive. Currently, AnyDVD and MakeMKV only work with "UHD Friendly" drives which are not technically UHD drives. Only DeUHD works with the WH16NS60 at this time.

NOTE: LG released a firmware update, 1.01, for the WH16NS60 that stops it from working with DeUHD. Don't update the firmware.

Thanks! Looks like I'll need to return the drive & get a UHD friendly drive since I want to use AnyDVD.

Do all UHD friendly drives work with AnyDVD or any suggestions that are still available?

I looked at the ASUS drive that was UHD friendly (I think it was ASUS BW-16D1HT) but I couldn't find the software on the box or the physical drive itself. Does anyone know where the software is located on an ASUS drive?

Last edited:
Back