• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a Active Adapter 4K@60Hz

B

Badnews

I took a dell E6430 laptop with a Nvida card and a docking station to my 4K TV, It works like it should. I tested with ISO play back with PowerDVD 17. no lag at all.Works on DisplayPort 1.2 or 1.3 to HDMI 2.0(a) $28.00USD.

Snap1.jpg Snap1.jpg Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

For those that like to read.

Code:
https://www.uptab.com/displayport-to-hdmi-4kat60hz-adapter-cable-gold-plated.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I did even better, Updated the 3 yr old Nivida and Intel graphics, This time using a HDMI certified 2.0a cable to get to 60hz, If not certified limits TV to 30hz. Full HDR etc. I was shocked that the external LG i have that is USB 3.0 played the 4K ultra disc into PowerDVD 17 and displayed it to the 4K TV. Deepwater Horizon is a 85GB 4K UHD disc. I had to use the UPTab adapter to HDMI to the display and mess around a bit. PowerDVD 17 version 1808 wouldn't fly but when i went to version 2101 or something it came alive. no lag using a i7 quad.Snap4.jpg Snap3.jpg Snap2.jpg

Is that an official build? Cyberlink's site still shows 1808.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured out how to download it...

Last edited:
Is that an official build? Cyberlink's site still shows 1808.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured out how to download it...

You know my friend, I wonder that also. 1808 is the newest build but i searched PowerDVD 17 on Redfox site and someone posted updates. I figured it was higher in number so was better. I loaded it...I'll look for the links and post it here.

Where are you finding it?.

I found it here:

Code:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/new-in-powerdvd-17.72076/

If one knows what version they are trying to get and has certain version information you can use that to construct the proper URL for the applicable update downloader which then downloads the update installer from the Cyberlink site. Say that five times fast. :p I'm serious, however. I was able to figure out how to get the version by just seeing the about screen screenshot that you posted. The update downloader download is specific to the version being downloaded.

Note: Yes, I'm being vague intentionally so that I'm not making the process entirely public so that Cyberlink doesn't change the system. It's handy to know how they are currently doing it. I quite literally just figured it out today.

Last edited:
Another note on True Certified HDMI 2.0 (a) cables. Don't spend a arm and a leg. PPL spending 30-75USD is insane. I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money. But in my opinion your throwing it away. If your in the USA these work top notch and are NOT cheap thin crap. Use the extra cash you saved on a movie etc. Free shipping to.

Order Date
10/7/2017 11:51:14 AM
ico_arrow_red.gif Shipping Method
UPS SurePost
ico_arrow_red.gif Estimated Shipping Date
10/9/2017

Product Qty. Price Total
ico_circle_black.gif 15428 Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, HDR, 6ft Black 3 $4.09 $12.27
ico_circle_black.gif 15429 Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, HDR, 10ft Black 3 $4.79 $14.37
Subtotal : $26.64
Discount : -$5.00
Shipping & Handling Cost : $8.79
Grand Total : $30.43

Code:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=27039

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hours of testing and the UpTab DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 (a) works fantastic. But i changed things around and nothing i seen beats this.

Again the $28.00USD UpTab works like a gem, But here is my changes and my results.

I used the same laptop upgraded the Nvida card drivers, Same docking station and stand. But i ditched the UpTab converter even though it's real good.

This time i ran a HDMI cord from the computers HDMI Port to the Oppo's 203's HDMI INPUT then from the Oppo output to the 4K TV. In the computer instead of a upgrade i did a full re-install of PowerDVD version 17.0.2101.62, I loaded a 2TB HDD with a few Bluray ISO's. In the Oppo 203 i changed the color space to Color Space "YCbCr 4:2:2 as 4:2:0 is for 50/60Hz on the Oppo. Bluray and UHD Discs are both 24Hz native. One problem is that PowerDVD see's the Bluray previews @ 60Hz because there not flagged like the movie is. So i changed the computers refresh rate to 24Hz so the previews and menus are like a disc in a drive. I change it back to 60Hz if i want to use Windows to browse the net or i can let PowerDVD watch previews in 60Hz and it will change itself to 24Hz once the movie starts. I changed the HDMI INPUT SPECS in the Oppo 203 to UHD 24Hz. You can't get any better then this. I tried to take a snap shot with PowerDVD but it told me it can't because it's copyright material :). But a digital cam gets the info from on screen.

001.JPG 001.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

I did even better, Updated the 3 yr old Nivida and Intel graphics, This time using a HDMI certified 2.0a cable to get to 60hz, If not certified limits TV to 30hz.

Badnews,

I know this thread is several months old so hope you're still around.

I have been trying to figure out why my PC's Intel Graphics software is only letting me set a 30p Refresh Rate for the UHD resolution even though I have HDMI 2.0 cabling and a Sony UHD TV with HDMI 2.0 ports.

I was thinking maybe the PC HDMI ports are only 1.4 and have a request in to find out.

Meantime, ran across this thread and wondering - is it really true that if your HDMI cord is not "Certified" it will not allow higher than 30p even if it's 2.0 ?

If yes, do you remember where you read that?

Because my cord is ...

HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60Hz) Ready - 28AWG Braided Cord - High Speed 18Gbps - Gold Plated Connectors - Ethernet / Audio Return - Video 2160p HD 1080p 3D - Xbox PlayStation PS3 PS4 PC Apple TV

... just not "Certified".

T

Just for completeness sake, here is how the member looks like for me.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 20
Just for completeness sake, here is how the member looks like for me.
Well that explains that. Guess the black line through the username is only visible to mods and above

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks @Merkapto . I didn't send a screen shot because wasn't sure exactly what Ch3vron was looking at when he saw this line.

Thought maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

Appreciate your help in clearing this up.

T

So, I still don't know if spending money for a "Certified" HDMI cable makes any difference in the Refresh Rate you can achieve, as opposed to a non-"Certified" cable with the same spec.

Can't seem to find any definitive answer on the Net....

@Ch3vr0n , you have any ideas who I could ask on the boards here that might know about this since Badnews is no longer around?

T

Back