• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

True Detective 2 stops at 50%

whispers

So I'm trying to make a copy of True Detective Season 2 USA version. It's from Redbox. I noticed earlier people were saying they had issues and assumed that if I waited a few updates would fix it. I have Clone DVD 2.9.3.3 and AnyDVD 8.2.2.2

It seems to work fine until it stops at 50%. It's not a region issue on my burner. I've tried more than one burner and OS.

I've attached the logfile.

Let me know if I missed anything, first time poster.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_D_TRUE_DETECTIVE_S2_A.ziplog
    142.9 KB · Views: 2
Seems to me then that it's defective right at the layer break. Especially if it falls on multiple drives, that should be your clue right there

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Seems to me then that it's defective right at the layer break. Especially if it falls on multiple drives, that should be your clue right there

Oh, so un-burnable then? I tried another disc in January and from my notes had the exact same issue. A friend said they were unable to burn it as well.

Both discs I've tried to burn play perfectly in multiple dvd players and even play fine on the computer. It's only when trying to make a copy that I have any issues. (Also Season 1 came out right with it and it was fine.)

Also, here's side B log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.2.2_Info_D_TRUE_DETECTIVE_S2_B.ziplog
    160 KB · Views: 3
It seems to work fine until it stops at 50%.

What exactly is "IT" here. Does decrypting fail at 50? Does burning fail at 50%?... What your friend has problems with is irrelevant. They're not the one asking for help here. YOU are ;) Just because it plays fine doesn't mean its fine for ripping.

Decrypting, or Clone calls it creating DVD files, fails at 50% on side A of the dvd. Side B fails at 50% as well.

Only mentioned the friend because they had a different disc and encountered the exact same issues.

Last edited:
Your friend is irrelevant, he's not here you are. @James I'm going what defective, what did you think?

But you say 'B side' too. There is no B side on a DVD 9. DVD 9 is single sided dual layer. Dual sided DVDs are DVD 10/18.

Well this is a dual layer disc. Redbox does the TV series that way. There is a side A and a Side B I assure you.

Thanks for your help.

Well this is a dual layer disc. Redbox does the TV series that way. There is a side A and a Side B I assure you.

Thanks for your help.
You're mixing up dual layer with dual sided. Dual SIDED discs you physically flip upside down to access more content. Those discs are very uncommon. If there's artwork if any kind on one side then it's not dual sided, just your standard SINGLE SIDED dual layer disc.

<OFF-TOPIC SIDE NOTE>

You're mixing up dual layer with dual sided. Dual SIDED discs you physically flip upside down to access more content. Those discs are very uncommon. If there's artwork if any kind on one side then it's not dual sided, just your standard SINGLE SIDED dual layer disc.

FWIW, for rental purposes dual sided discs used to be common for TV series in the US. They tended to be dual sided with 2 layers on Side A and 1 layer on Side B. Maybe 2 layers on Side B which would make it a DVD-18 but I could swear it was 1 layer. I believe the series Bones was a perfect example. I haven't rented any TV series on disc in ages, however. The same series bought at retail came on single sided discs.

</OFF-TOPIC SIDE NOTE>

Last edited:
Excuse me, dual sided.

Redbox, Netflix, and two series I bought last year still do dual sided. They're all US.

Last edited:
Excuse me, dual sided.

Redbox, Netflix, and two series I bought last year still do dual sided. They're all US.
Those things must be a lot more common than over here.

It's still up to @James to vote, I'm still going with defective.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

<OFF-TOPIC SIDENOTE>

double sided disks are notorious for being defective. this set was rereleased by redbox as a single disc. the original release was 3 discs. I'm guessing edge problems.

Agreed. I found that manufacturing [always] seemed of lesser quality with the rental flippers (dual sided) on top of the fact that there is no safe side to handle since both need to be read. This has always lead to at least one of the sides receiving more natural damage. And that's without people just being selfish morons and damaging discs simply because they are idiots who don't care about the next person to rent the disc.

Note: Back in the days that Movie Gallery existed I rented a LOT of TV series on disc. With the loss of many rental places and the growth in streaming I usually either buy a series I really want on disc or stream via the appropriate service. I avoid renting them.

</OFF-TOPIC SIDENOTE>

Last edited:
Back