• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Back-up a Back-up

Grandparobert

Try to copy a backed up movie on DVD-r to another DVD-r and get CRC error. This happens on all movies I try to backup. Any suggestions?
Thanks

that usually happens on a bad burn or if you used low quality blanks that have degraded.

what brand of blank dvd do you use?

Unless your getting CRCs from having used crapy media and getting bad burns originally....:D

Thanks for all your input. I'm using Verbatim DVD-R on the original backups and trying to back them up with the same. The original backups play fine on my stand alone DVD player but when I try to back them up it will go about 40% and come up error. It happens on all the movies I try to back up off of DVD-R disks that have been backed up from store bought DVD's.

Thanks for all your input. I'm using Verbatim DVD-R on the original backups and trying to back them up with the same. The original backups play fine on my stand alone DVD player but when I try to back them up it will go about 40% and come up error. It happens on all the movies I try to back up off of DVD-R disks that have been backed up from store bought DVD's.

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Might run into some problems trying to exchange "copies"....:)

Try to copy a backed up movie on DVD-r to another DVD-r and get CRC error. This happens on all movies I try to backup. Any suggestions?
Thanks

The good old Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) error. As mentioned beforehand, its usually a bad original. Make sure there are no marks or scratches on the disc itself and use either TDK / Taiyo Yuden / Verbatim media.

Rodney

The good old Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) error. As mentioned beforehand, its usually a bad original. Make sure there are no marks or scratches on the disc itself and use either TDK / Taiyo Yuden / Verbatim media.

Rodney
Why are you recommending TDK?

Would the aspi or spti layer cause any issues?

@ Grandparobert,

Have you ensured that the undisclosed DVD Burner you are using to make your Commercial DVD Movie Backups has the newest most current up to date Firmware available?

Although using the newest most current up date Firmware will improve the burning quality of future burns, it will not correct read/write CRC errors in previously recorded media.

Regards,
Coaster

Back