• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Making mp4 from UHD disk and subtitles

Tom E.

I just ripped a uhd movie with makemkv to folder structure.
Converting to mp4 file with clonebd and chosed the desired subtitle.
When playing the mp4 file with software players on pc, cannot choose subtitle. When playing the movie from the folder ripped with makemkv I chan choose subtitle. Im going to try to convert to mkv and see if the problem is still there.
My samsung tv cant either show subtitle when playing the file over the network.

Is this a common problem with mp4 convertion?

Last edited:
You sure you didn't select hardcoded subtitles?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

You sure you didn't select hardcoded subtitles?

You mean checked the forced only checkbox? This was not checked. When I converted to mkv instead of mp4 then I could choose the norwegian subtitle, but not with mp4 convertion

No, forced subtitles aren't the same as hardcoded. Hardcoded is burned into the video, and can't be turned off. Screenshots of what your doing would help

No, forced subtitles aren't the same as hardcoded. Hardcoded is burned into the video, and can't be turned off. Screenshots of what your doing would help

Am I doing some wrong selections here?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Playing the mkv file on my Samsung UHD tv gives me no subtitle selections, doesnt show up as an alternative on the menu.
Someone got a clue why its not working when converting to mp4?

The reason you can't select a track is that the current mp4 implementation only supports 1 track, which is hardcoded (see the greyed out "permanent subtitles") above the output path.. Only MKV gives you the option to have multiple subtitles in the file and the ability to select a default one in image 3. Everything is working just fine as it should be

The reason you can't select a track is that the current mp4 implementation only supports 1 track, which is hardcoded (see the greyed out "permanent subtitles") above the output path.. Only MKV gives you the option to have multiple subtitles in the file and the ability to select a default one in image 3. Everything is working just fine as it should be

So then it could be my TV that cant read subtitles from the files?

no, as with MP4 as i said the subtiles are burned directly into the video. There's no embedded subtitle track in MP4

no, as with MP4 as i said the subtiles are burned directly into the video. There's no embedded subtitle track in MP4

And then I dont know the reason my tv cant show subtitles on the picture...

Well did you try to use CLBD directly on the disc instead of ripping with MakeMKV first?

Well did you try to use CLBD directly on the disc instead of ripping with MakeMKV first?

Trying with anydvd trial version and converting to mp4 with clonebd afterwards.

Last edited:

Made iso with anydvd and then converted to mp4 with clonebd. Still no options to show subtitle.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 8
What player is that? Let's start with you providing CloneBD logfiles now so the dev's know exactly what it is you're doing and what's happening.

What player is that? Let's start with you providing CloneBD logfiles now so the dev's know exactly what it is you're doing and what's happening.

Its one that comes with windows 10 I guess, but the same result with my Samsung TV. No options to choose subtitle. I made a log file.
Also tried playing with dvdfab player 5 just to check, no options to show subtitle there too, but picrure and sound is good.

Attachments

• log.cbdlog
    286.3 KB · Views: 2

Attachments

• Playing mp4 file.jpg
    Playing mp4 file.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Playing iso file.jpg
    Playing iso file.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 15
Does the devs pick the logfile up from this thread or should I mail it?

ok, thank you very much for your help :)

No luck for me with 1.1.9.2
Still no subtitles with 1.1.9.3
Still no subtitles with 1.1.9.4

Last edited:
Back