• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does anyone have the ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.01 firmware flasher?

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Does anyone happen to have the 3.01 firmware for the ASUS BW-16D1HT drive? I have the 3.00 firmware and the 3.02 firmware flasher. I would like to have the 3.01 flasher tucked away somewhere.

You should follow TeddyRaspin's posts like Ch3vr0n suggested. Not sure if the original post of the firmware contains laser calibration data which is needed if you don't want to compromise a re-flashed drive. Send a PM to make him confirm or not.

Thanks.

I found those TeddyRaspin's posts and archived his flashers & BIN files but that wasn't what I was specifically looking for. I have a drive with the 3.00 firmware. I have the official ASUS flasher for 3.02 firmware. I just am lacking the official 3.01 flasher and was looking for it. I can't seem to find it and I did do web searches and what not before asking.

As it stands I will leave things at 3.00 until I run into a problem. 3.01 apparently improved some speed issues.

As it turns out I now have two ASUS BW-16D1HT drives. Both came with the 3.00 firmware. I'm leaving them both as-is until I feel there's a need to possibly upgrade the firmware on one of them. That being said, the drives are different. One was manufactured in 2015 and the other in 2017. Different drive housing. Different faceplate. Both work perfectly, however.

Amazon is selling the BW-16D1HT with a $25 mail-in rebate from ASUS. They had a rebate through the end of January and they've now put out a new one through the end of February. After taking the rebate into account ($83.99 - $25.00 = $58.99) the price is the same as the LG WH16NS40 on Amazon. ASUS might not be as quick to update the firmware on the inventory versus the LG drives.

I just picked one of those up and it was version 3.0. I used the official 3.02 and flashed it a few minutes ago. It was loud ripping with 3.0 and now it is quiet with 3.02.

Amazon is selling the BW-16D1HT with a $25 mail-in rebate from ASUS. They had a rebate through the end of January and they've now put out a new one through the end of February. After taking the rebate into account ($83.99 - $25.00 = $58.99) the price is the same as the LG WH16NS40 on Amazon. ASUS might not be as quick to update the firmware on the inventory versus the LG drives.
Picked one up from Amazon with the $25 rebate. Drive manufacture date is 2/2017 and firmware was 3.00

Just got mine from Amazon today . Downloaded the rebate form. The manufacture date is February 2017. But I dont see the firmware version on the tag. Do you have to install it to find the firmware version?

if its not on the tag, the only other way is to install it yes

I took my old LG WH16NS40 (manufacture date August 2014) with an SVC Code of NS40 and a ROM Version 1.00 out of the external NexStar enclosure and put the Asus drive into it. AnyDVD lists "ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00". Looks like I am "good to go" with firmware version 3.00.

I took my old LG WH16NS40 (manufacture date August 2014) with an SVC Code of NS40 and a ROM Version 1.00 out of the external NexStar enclosure and put the Asus drive into it. AnyDVD lists "ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00". Looks like I am "good to go" with firmware version 3.00.

If at first you don’t succeed LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just fine. It was a bit noisy with 3.00 but quieted down nicely with 3.02.

Here's what I see when I click your link and what AnyDVD says when I insert a disc.
BW-16D1HT.PNG AnyDVD.PNG

Last edited:
Back