• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
I have AnyDVD setup perfectly now using AuotIt so a disc can be inserted then within a few moments, spits the disc back out and has the VIDEO_TS folder created w/o any copyright protection.

Can anyone assist on how I can get it to do the same but rip to ISO instead? By default there is no option to rip to ISO without having to right-click the icon in the notification tray and select Rip to Image.

Want to make this a seamless process that requires no user interaction for this process. As mentioned I have it working well but just want it tweaked to rip to ISO instead of VIDEO_TS

Thanks in advance :)

Want to make this a seamless process that requires no user interaction for this process.
Having a human hand making contact with the disc sort of ruins the "no user interaction" doesn't it?

Not an anydvd issue. Moved to general chat. On top of that, you shouldn't be using the ISO ripper on DVD's at all. Anydvd throws a warning if u do for a reason.

Having a human hand making contact with the disc sort of ruins the "no user interaction" doesn't it?
Obviously that would be the only human interaction. Not here to have my wording mocked I'm here to find a solution to my original request

Not an anydvd issue. Moved to general chat. On top of that, you shouldn't be using the ISO ripper on DVD's at all. Anydvd throws a warning if u do for a reason.
Thanks for moving it as I was not sure where to open this thread.
I am looking to do that exact thing. Not looking for anyone's idea(s) of "best practices" and just wondering if anyone has a solution to my original post.

It's not an idea mate, it's a fact and stated by redfox staff/developers lots of times. Hence the warning. Ripping to ISO keeps for example structural protection INTACT in the iso (if the original has it), without removing that one while removing other protections can cause playback behavior problems.

I have AnyDVD setup perfectly now using AuotIt so a disc can be inserted then within a few moments, spits the disc back out and has the VIDEO_TS folder created w/o any copyright protection.

Can anyone assist on how I can get it to do the same but rip to ISO instead? By default there is no option to rip to ISO without having to right-click the icon in the notification tray and select Rip to Image.

Want to make this a seamless process that requires no user interaction for this process. As mentioned I have it working well but just want it tweaked to rip to ISO instead of VIDEO_TS

You can do the rip with a third party tool like imgburn (don't know, if it has a command line interface) after the disc inserted event is broadcasted. Or you can misuse AnyDVD's great (but undocumented) auto playback interface. I'll have to look it up.

You can do the rip with a third party tool like imgburn (don't know, if it has a command line interface) after the disc inserted event is broadcasted. Or you can misuse AnyDVD's great (but undocumented) auto playback interface. I'll have to look it up.
IMGBurn DOES have a CLI but it only automates the gui actions mostly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Whow! ErichV - you remebered or you used the search function? I'm using AnyDVD since 2007 but had just a faint memory of this. Like James.

AutoIt can easily "right-click" the systray icon and do this for you. If you search the forum, there is an AutoIt script I wrote that does almost exactly this.

DrX

Right, so look at the start of the script where it opens the rip windows. It does so via the systray.

Also, I think there is a new version on the forum, somewhere. I remember writing a longer post, explaining the sections of the script.

Good stuff DrX!

I was hoping to find a script that could follow this timeline I set below. Not sure if this is the right path or not but any assistance from you would be great!

Disc Insert
AnyDVD already running in the systray and reads disc for copy protection so no change required here

Delay for 60 seconds (allowing time for AnyDVD to read the disc)
Open system tray
Right-click AnyDVD system tray icon
Select "Rip to Image..."
Source Directory can be left default
Destination Filename
*Need to be able to adjust Destination in script but leaving Disc Title as is

Click "Copy Disc"
**If warning window appears to continue anyway
Click "Yes"

**If file name exists
Click "No"

Once Complete...
Close AnyDVD Ripper window
Eject disc
Once completed, auto eject disc

All that is very doable with a tool like AutoIt. One thing I would suggest is avoid the "delay 60". I refer to such delays as artificial because they aren't tied to any real-world event. It leads to fragile code.

Instead, trigger on something that occurs when the desired event does. In this case, I would watch for a change in the ripping window.

Here is a post I made with more detail about how my script works that the one referenced above.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/new-licence-new-feature.69406/#post-438948

DrX

Last edited:
All that is very doable with a tool like AutoIt. One thing I would suggest is avoid the "delay 60". I refer to such delays as artificial because they aren't tied to any real-world event. It leads to fragile code.

Instead, trigger on something that occurs when the desired event does. In this case, I would watch for a change in the ripping window.

DrX

Good point thanks!

Anyone you know willing to write such? I am trying to make this as headless as possible for ease of use.

Back