• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal 2.9.18.574 - beta released

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
GameJackal 2.9.18.574 (beta) is available:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe

Release v2.9.18.574 - beta
- Improved blacklisting support.
- Improved dynamic extended profiling.
- Minor interface updates.
- Added some debugging options for the BF2 / 2142 freezing issues.

I ceated some profiles from desktop shortcuts with GameJackal 2.9.18.570 and everything was working fine, after i installed version 2.9.18.574 the desktop shortcuts now open GameJackal instead of launching the games, even if i delete and recreate the GameJackel profiles or the desktop shortcuts GameJackal still opens instead of launching the games, games still launch ok if i launch them from within GameJackal, is there anyone else noticed this issue?

I have found another but very strange bug with GameJackal 2.9.18.574, when GameJackal is running in the system tray and i try to login to MY Account on the Play.com website Vista's Internet Explorer 7 crashes, if i right click and exit GameJackal i can login to My Account on the Play.com website without issue, below is how i tested this.

1) IE7 closed, GameJackal running in system tray, open IE7, login to My Account at Play.com = IE7 crash

2) IE7 closed, GameJackal NOT running in system tray, open IE7, login to My Account at Play.com = No crash & successful login

This was tested on Vista Home Premium 32bit and Inernet Explorer 7 at least 20 times, also this never happened with GameJackal 2.9.18.570, this issue only showed up when i updated GameJackel to version 2.9.18.574, i have re-installed GameJackal 2.9.18.570 because this issue is not present in version 2.9.18.570.

The screenshot below is one of many problem reports from Windows when this issue accured, as you can see the Fault Module Name is 12380HSW.dll which can only be found in C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal and the Fault Module Version is 2.9.18.574 which again is related to the new beta version of Game Jackal.

capturexz4.jpg

Last edited:
I have found another but very strange bug with GameJackal 2.9.18.574, when GameJackal is running in the system tray and i try to login to MY Account on the Play.com website Vista's Internet Explorer 7 crashes, if i right click and exit GameJackal i can login to My Account on the Play.com website without issue, below is how i tested this.

1) IE7 closed, GameJackal running in system tray, open IE7, login to My Account at Play.com = IE7 crash

2) IE7 closed, GameJackal NOT running in system tray, open IE7, login to My Account at Play.com = No crash & successful login

This was tested on Vista Home Premium 32bit and Inernet Explorer 7 at least 20 times, also this never happened with GameJackal 2.9.18.570, this issue only showed up when i updated GameJackel to version 2.9.18.574, i have re-installed GameJackal 2.9.18.570 because this issue is not present in version 2.9.18.570.

The screenshot below is one of many problem reports from Windows when this issue accured, as you can see the Fault Module Name is 12380HSW.dll which can only be found in C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal and the Fault Module Version is 2.9.18.574 which again is related to the new beta version of Game Jackal.

Thanks for the details... Play.com, is that "www.play.com" you are logging into?

I ceated some profiles from desktop shortcuts with GameJackal 2.9.18.570 and everything was working fine, after i installed version 2.9.18.574 the desktop shortcuts now open GameJackal instead of launching the games, even if i delete and recreate the GameJackel profiles or the desktop shortcuts GameJackal still opens instead of launching the games, games still launch ok if i launch them from within GameJackal, is there anyone else noticed this issue?

This has been fixed for the next beta ;)

Did you fix SecurROM support on vista? I will test it and post results.

In both .570 and the new beta, my shortcuts do nothing. I run them, and nothing happens.

Edit: Sadly, all my SecurROM games still do not work without a CD.

Last edited:
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file.
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is Denied.

I am an administrator using windows vista. Not sure why I am receiving this error during installation.

EDIT: DOH! Duh, GJ was running... The installation should probably prompt to close Game Jackal...

Last edited:
Did you fix SecurROM support on vista? I will test it and post results.

In both .570 and the new beta, my shortcuts do nothing. I run them, and nothing happens.

Edit: Sadly, all my SecurROM games still do not work without a CD.

None of them work? Very strange, all current Securom titles should work with the beta.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, but unfortunately, Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 finds a trojan horse, which is, I assume, most likely a false alert:
Code:
gefunden: trojanisches Programm Trojan.Win32.Madtol.d (Modifikation)	URL: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe//file07

:policeman:

Ok, I will do more SecurROM testing in this beta.

And no, none of the shortcuts I tell game jackal to make do anything. The computer just sits there.

Thanks for the update, but unfortunately, Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 finds a trojan horse, which is, I assume, most likely a false alert:
Code:
gefunden: trojanisches Programm Trojan.Win32.Madtol.d (Modifikation)	URL: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe//file07

Provided you downloaded from Slysoft's website, yes, that is a false alert.

If you post that it does not work, can you also give details such as the error message you receive etc.

Can you please try the latest beta (v2.9.18.576)

If you post that it does not work, can you also give details such as the error message you receive etc.

For me (with Bioshock) it's just the standard "No disc Inserted. Please insert the original..." securom message that you get if you try and play without the disc in the drive...

Back