• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Martian - AnyDVD Yes - DVDFab No?

TheEmpathicEar

The Martian, 2015. I tried to rip this using DVDFab and got a read error during the initial analysis. So, I used AnyDVD and got a successful rip [to image] w/o even so much a "Retry". I am just curious. A read error is a read error? How can AnyDVD [apparently] do something that DVDFab can not?

From what I gander is that the makers of AnyDVD are on top of things and can get by protection mechanisms faster than the fab guys can. Hence why AnyDVD was able to rip it. Fab has trouble with BD+ where AnyDvD does not. This is why I only have 2 fab products and wish I only had 1.

From what I gander is that the makers of AnyDVD are on top of things and can get by protection mechanisms faster than the fab guys can. Hence why AnyDVD was able to rip it. Fab has trouble with BD+ where AnyDvD does not. This is why I only have 2 fab products and wish I only had 1.
Yeh, but I got a read error [or what appeared to be a read error] with DVDfab. And, it was during the initial analysis. Usually, these read errors happen during the copy phase.

I will buy for myself every time I am a very satisfied user soon will be added full UHD support

I will buy for myself every time I am a very satisfied user soon will be added full UHD support
Yeh, I am a happy AnyDVD user too. However, it's nice to try something else every now and then...

DVDFAB has a bad crack method these boys are doing there are amateurs :p

I made a comparison between DVDFAB and ANYDVD and ANYDVD a clear choice of DVDFAB but shortly it will be incredibly laughing when I see my cause I can not believe that in this field they have nothing to ask only the lantern of people money for bad work

Yeh, but I got a read error [or what appeared to be a read error] with DVDfab. And, it was during the initial analysis. Usually, these read errors happen during the copy phase.
Maybe just a coincidence, Fab using different method for their hashes or AnyDVD is using more retries after read errors (AnyDVD tries quite often).

Just a quick hint. AnyDVD skips read errors after a while. Such backups will fail with CloneBD etc. if you have a copy of the failed disc with read errors. You can play it but I haven't tried to burn such a imperfect copy. Most likely that won't work.

James when I made comparative backup tests with DVDFAB and ANYDVD in the TRIAL mod and deciding which products to choose to have won the REDFOX team, you have backed up my film in good quality with no mistakes unlike DVDFAB so I decided for your team and today I am very happy

Maybe just a coincidence, Fab using different method for their hashes or AnyDVD is using more retries after read errors (AnyDVD tries quite often).
Ah, yes, I noticed that the read rate [probably a better term for this] slowed down quite a bit in some places. This is one example of AnyDVD doing retries?

Just a quick hint. AnyDVD skips read errors after a while. Such backups will fail with CloneBD etc. if you have a copy of the failed disc with read errors. You can play it but I haven't tried to burn such a imperfect copy. Most likely that won't work.
No, it doesn't. Unless you tell it to do this, of course. Or there is a bug I am unable to reproduce.

Back