• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Just a small heads up...

We are currently preparing AnyDVD HD and the OPD for full UHD support.
It is already working in a test environment, but some work still has to be done.

At this time the prerequisites are:
1.) An UHD "friendly" drive. Official UHD drives will not work.
2.) An AnyDVD HD license (trial license is ok)
3.) An active internet connection during disc scan.

These may change in the future.

The import of UHDkeys.txt will be removed from AnyDVD, because it is obsolete.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info update James. (y) Nice information about this.

Last edited:
how will ANYDVDUHD work? will it be as a product separately or how will it be solved? thank you for the info

how will ANYDVDUHD work? will it be as a product separately or how will it be solved? thank you for the info
There will be no separate UHD product at this time. See prerequisite 2.)

To prerequisite 1.):
I don't think, that official UHD drives will work in the future. So if you enjoy the idea to use AnyDVD for UHD playback, you should buy a "friendly" drive now while stock lasts... ;)

I guess good things came to those who waited. :)
I was tempted to play around with MakeMKV, but I never really liked it.

This is great, now I'll have to go out and but a new video card that supports UHD.
Thanks James !

EDIT:
It's ironic too about the drives, it was said in the beginning that one would need one with AACS 2.0 authentication.
Things have sure changed !

so that UHD will work in ANYDVD HD? do I understand it so well? thank you for your software

so that UHD will work in ANYDVD HD? do I understand it so well? thank you for your software
Yes, at this time, it will.

EDIT:
Maybe some explanaition. UHD decryption requires "friendly" drives, which are withdrawn from the market. So, the possible customer base is quite limited and unlikely to grow.
It is also possible, that UHD decryption will stop to work in the future because of counter measures of the "powers, that be". Same is true for DeUHD & Co., by the way....
Although I would love to collect some additional bucks, I don't think it is "fair" for the buyer to pay for a feature, which may stop to work in a couple of months....
At least until I am more confident in our decryption method, consider UHD decryption as a "gift" to enjoy.

Last edited:
James THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXCELLENT WORK ONCE ONE YEAR AND FOR A GREAT SUPPORT TO CUSTOMERS YOU AWEET A BEAUTIFUL TEAM AWARDING YOUR AIM I'm very happy for your fair approach you are great :)

Oh hell yeah, for that reason alone i'd buy me a new friendly drive and swap out an old one!

The LG BH16NS55 was one right? What's the last UHD friendly firmware?

Oh hell yeah, for that reason alone i'd buy me a new friendly drive and swap out an old one!

The LG BH16NS55 was one right? What's the last UHD friendly firmware?
1.) Yes.
2.) I know 1.02 works. Don't know or care if this is "the latest". ;)

Good, that's all i need to know. One local webshop has one for just under €80. Lets just hope it comes with 1.02 or less or its going back :)

Drive ordered. Should arrive tomoz. Then just find me an UHD disc :)

Last edited:
If it comes with 1.03 it can be downgraded but yea, I'd send it back and get an ASUS if you get the wrong firmware. It's just a rebadged LG drive anyway.

My BH16NS40 is also not UHD-friendly. At spec code it says "ROHS" and it is from 2014 if I remember correctly.

BH16NS55 here for 67€ including free shipping here.
---
There are two versions of BH16NS55 (different?)
BH16NS55.AUAU10B
BH16NS55.AUAR10B

Is there any important difference between those two?

Last edited:
One other thing that we all need to be aware of. Once AnyDVD adds this support, we ALL need to scan EVERY FREAKING UHD we own to get the online database updated with as many keys as possible. Remember that like blu-ray, different regions have different discs and even differences in the same region. Just scan them all so we can build up the database quickly for everyone.

BH16NS55 -> 1.02 firmware (1.03 fixes the AACS Certificate loophole).

ASUS BW-16D1HT -> 3.02 firmware (3.03 is the same as 1.03 for LG).

Same considerations for WH16NS40 or other Asus device which uses MT1959 MediaTek chipset and thus are crossflashable.

Furhermore, even if such devices could come with the latest factory firmware, which inhibits UHD discs to be properly read, it is always possible
to downgrade them to the previous firmware version via the DOSFlash (modified) method.

So, buy any UHD friendly drive and be happy. :dance:

If it comes with 1.03 it can be downgraded but yea, I'd send it back and get an ASUS if you get the wrong firmware. It's just a rebadged LG drive anyway.

ASUS pushed out firmware updates to at least some of their drives that breaks the "friendliness", as well.

BH16NS55 -> 1.02 firmware (1.03 fixes the AACS Certificate loophole).

ASUS BW-16D1HT -> 3.02 firmware (3.03 is the same as 1.03 for LG).

Same considerations for WH16NS40 or other Asus device which uses MT1959 MediaTek chipset and thus are crossflashable.

Furhermore, even if such devices could come with the latest factory firmware, which inhibits UHD discs to be properly read, it is always possible
to downgrade them to the previous firmware version via the DOSFlash (modified) method.

So, buy any UHD friendly drive and be happy. :dance:

Unfortunately, for some people the requirements of DOSFlash pose issues. If you aren't running an older system somewhere you may be out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back