• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup Training Multimedia Presentation?

ccater

I'm trying to make a backup of a training disc that work with Windows. I'm not having any success. Does anyone know if this can be done, and if so, which software/program is needed? So far I've tried with Clonedvd2 and Clonecd, running the most recent version of both along with anydvd.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Casey

Wrong section, moved. The AnyDVD DVD issues section is reserved for disc related issues only. Moved to general chat.

On topic, that depends on what type of training disc it is. What's the file structure / disc contents made up of? AnyDVD & CloneDVD (Mobile) only work with discs containing video content. If it's a data disc with .doc files for example you'll need CloneCD.

And please: no double/crossposting

Dupe topic locked: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/backup-training-multimedia-presentation.74422/#post-481749

Wrong section, moved. The AnyDVD DVD issues section is reserved for disc related issues only. Moved to general chat.

On topic, that depends on what type of training disc it is. What's the file structure / disc contents made up of? AnyDVD & CloneDVD (Mobile) only work with discs containing video content. If it's a data disc with .doc files for example you'll need CloneCD.

And please: no double/crossposting

Dupe topic locked: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/backup-training-multimedia-presentation.74422/#post-481749

Sorry, I wasn't sure exactly which section it belongs in. It's DVD media due to the fact that the file size is larger than a CD-R is capable of, but it's not a movie. Anyhow, I honestly can't tell you what the file structure is. I tried Clonedvd and Clonecd and neither one was successful. When the content is opened using Windows Media or the like, there's a menu to select chapters. Once a chapter selection is made, it's still images with voice over. The only info I'm able to pull from disc properties is File System = UDP, if that tells you anything. It may as well be a foreign language to me. I've been a paid user of Anydvd for at least 8 or 10 years now and never had a problem, but I can't figure this one out.

Well I still get and 'unexpected error' using clonedvd. I tried the following: "Perhaps the "rip video..." on the right mouse click on the tray icon is best at this point.
Then use the HDD folder for the source in CloneDVD and not the DVD.", however, the "Then use the HDD folder for the source in CloneDVD and not the DVD." is confusing to me, and I have no idea. I got an error trying to rip from DVD stating "Drive D: is not ready!"

Well I still get and 'unexpected error' using clonedvd. I tried the following: "Perhaps the "rip video..." on the right mouse click on the tray icon is best at this point.
Then use the HDD folder for the source in CloneDVD and not the DVD.", however, the "Then use the HDD folder for the source in CloneDVD and not the DVD." is confusing to me, and I have no idea. I got an error trying to rip from DVD stating "Drive D: is not ready!"
Can you post an AnyDVD log? A lot of discs like that don't have any protection and AnyDVD sometimes causes problems on discs with no protection.

Can you post an AnyDVD log? A lot of discs like that don't have any protection and AnyDVD sometimes causes problems on discs with no protection.

Sure thing. Please see attached. Thanks again

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_D_3000 GCP.ziplog
    112.3 KB · Views: 2
Sure thing. Please see attached. Thanks again
As suspected, it is a DVD-R with no protection. EXIT AnyDVD and try using CloneCD to copy (without AnyDVD running).

On another note, you may want to set your drive region while AnyDVD is off. It won't make any difference on this disc, but could cause you a problem on some others.
TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-L633J D200 DE
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

As suspected, it is a DVD-R with no protection. EXIT AnyDVD and try using CloneCD to copy (without AnyDVD running).

On another note, you may want to set your drive region while AnyDVD is off. It won't make any difference on this disc, but could cause you a problem on some others.

Will do. It failed earlier, but AnyDVD was running. I just disabled AnyDVD. Any chance you know if I can save to thumb drive with CloneCD? I burned my last bland DVD on the failed try with CloneCD...

Will do. It failed earlier, but AnyDVD was running. I just disabled AnyDVD. Any chance you know if I can save to thumb drive with CloneCD? I burned my last bland DVD on the failed try with CloneCD...
Open the disc in one window, the thumbdrive in another window, and drag the contents over.

Last edited:
Ok I'll find the location CloneCD saves the disc to so I can do that. CloneCD is currently sitting at 92%. Been there for a bit I hope it hasn't hit a wall, so to speak....

Ok I'll find the location CloneCD saves the disc to so I can do that. CloneCD is currently sitting at 92%. Been there for a bit I hope it hasn't hit a wall, so to speak....
I meant just using Windows Explorer. If you get errors dragging and dropping the files using Explorer, then the disc is most likely defective, although you might be able to have it retry a few times to get past that point.

Last edited:
I meant just using Windows Explorer. If you get errors dragging and dropping the files using Explorer, then the disc is most likely defective, although you might be able to have it retry a few times to get past that point.

Yeah I feel kind of stupid now lol.... I tried to do this earlier, but couldn't figure out how to do it. It's currently copying. Will see how it goes. I had to right click D, copy, then paste into thumb drive. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok the disc is copied to my thumb drive, however, it doesn't open like it does when you insert the disc. The chapters are all there. Is there any way to somehow put all the files together to auto play or whatever it does when the disc is inserted? Thanks again for all your help. Currently much further ahead of where I was

Ok the disc is copied to my thumb drive, however, it doesn't open like it does when you insert the disc. The chapters are all there. Is there any way to somehow put all the files together to auto play or whatever it does when the disc is inserted? Thanks again for all your help. Currently much further ahead of where I was
In the VIDEO_TS folder, look for a file called video_ts.ifo and have your playback software (Windows Media Player, MediaPlayerClassic, etc) open it. It may look like below:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-27-18 at 12.00 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-27-18 at 12.00 AM.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I don't see a file with that name. I've attached screenshots of the files.

Attachments

• SS1.png
    SS1.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SS2.png
    SS2.png
    253 KB · Views: 10
I don't see a file with that name. I've attached screenshots of the files.
It looks like MediaPlayer10 has taken over the file association and put it's name there. The second listing on your first screen shot (it has the blue rectangle around it) that is 18 KB should be the IFO file.

hmm.... very strange. Now the disc no longer opens like it did before I copied it. Maybe I need to reboot. I'll try that. Thanks again

Back