• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Irdeto acquires Denuvo

This is just a sidenote but one I find humorous from the Irdeto website in their description of BD+.

https://irdeto.com/media-and-entertainment/content-format-protection.html

[...]

Content Format Protection: increasing studio revenue by protecting the most valuable content

Extending the piracy-free period: Protection of physical discs, using the state-of-the-art Irdeto technology BD+ and BD+ 2.0 (UHD), helps secure the studio’s content. Content that is protected with our technology takes longer to hack, which makes piracy more difficult. Because the value of the content is increased by extending the piracy-free period during the critical high-value window (which is street date plus 30 days), studios are able to generate more revenue.

[...]

It used to be that BD+ prevented piracy. Now they market it as merely a delay. They've accepted reality, at least.

BD+ 2.0? AACS 2.0? Oh my! Hopefully AnyDVD will be able to handle them both because I don't see those other guys in China breaking it anytime soon.

Tech Power Up: Denuvo Responds to 4.8 Bypass with Updated 5.0 Protection

And so the battle continues.

Layering one protection scheme on top of another, and possibly another, when there are performance implications isn't the best idea especially now that we're dealing with Meltdown & Spectre. It never was a good idea to begin with.That said, if gamers have no option they're out of luck until someone removes/bypasses the protections.

Tech Power Up: Denuvo Responds to 4.8 Bypass with Updated 5.0 Protection

And so the battle continues.

Layering one protection scheme on top of another, and possibly another, when there are performance implications isn't the best idea especially now that we're dealing with Meltdown & Spectre. It never was a good idea to begin with.That said, if gamers have no option they're out of luck until someone removes/bypasses the protections.
News like this makes me more than a bit happy that I try as much as possible to avoid going with the latest and greatest crazes.

OK, so I am a Luddite for being mostly DVD only, I think I can live with all the sneering from my "betters."

Back