• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

removing region problem

deano045

hi
im trying to copy a region 1 dvd, and remove the region restriction on it so ill be able to play it in a region 2 dvd player,,

after reading some other posts here, people are saying leave Anydvd to default and it will do so,,

i tryd this copyd the disc, wont when i go to play it it still say region restricted on the dvd player,,

any ideas with this, im new to this software so im guessing its only something simple

thanks
dean

I'm not sure about AnyDVD alone... I use it with Shrink, and set Shrink to make a region free backup. I know AnyDVD at default removes region restrictions... but I'm not sure if that just allows them to play on the wrong region PC or actually passes it through to the backup.

Make sure your backup software isn't set up to make a Region 1 disk also....

-W

rite ok, how do i set shrink up to do this,
yeah i think anydvd just allows it to be bypasted for copying but the restriction still remains on the backed up disc

i would guess your problem is now a nstc > pal conflict. region 1 is ntsc and i believe region 2 is pal.

to fix this you would need to do an extensive process that involves reauthoring the disc. i think its possible to import the dvd into nero recode and output it as pal material (ive done pal to ntsc before, not ntsc to pal). you will lose any kind of menu though.

rite ok, how do i set shrink up to do this,
yeah i think anydvd just allows it to be bypasted for copying but the restriction still remains on the backed up disc
Nope, AnyDVD removes it. But it does not convert a PAL disc into an NTSC disc.

i would guess your problem is now a nstc > pal conflict. region 1 is ntsc and i believe region 2 is pal.
True, unless it is a japanese region 2 disc.

to fix this you would need to do an extensive process that involves reauthoring the disc. i think its possible to import the dvd into nero recode and output it as pal material (ive done pal to ntsc before, not ntsc to pal). you will lose any kind of menu though.
Easier fix, saving a lot of time and trouble: Get a 40$ player that can play PAL discs. Or use a home theater PC.

Back