• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blade Runner 2049

Heloduck

After what appears to be a successful scan by ANYDVD HD, BD Clone says disc "Incompatible". Not sure exactly what that means. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Duck

After what appears to be a successful scan by ANYDVD HD, BD Clone says disc "Incompatible". Not sure exactly what that means. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Duck
AnyDVD doesn't burn and what is 'bd clone'? What exactly are you trying to do? How are you doing it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I am trying to burn a backup of the movie from the Blu-ray disc. AnyDVD HD seems to successfully enable to backup process. I am using BD Clone to create the blu ray back up. BD Clone is sold through a link on the Red Fox website.

I am trying to burn a backup of the movie from the Blu-ray disc. AnyDVD HD seems to successfully enable to backup process. I am using BD Clone to create the blu ray back up. BD Clone is sold through a link on the Red Fox website.
Then this isn't an AnyDVD problem, topic moved. BTW it's CloneBD, BD clone doesn't exist. What exactly! are you doing in CloneBD, how are you doing it, and what's the brand of blanks your using, what speed are you burning at

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Mine does the same thing. ANYDVD scans it, but when PowerDVD tries to play it is says disc is incompatible and will not play. I have the most recent version of ANYDVD.

I was just trying to make an ISO file out of it, but regardless, I couldn't get started. The CloneBD software identifies the source factory blu ray disc of the movie as "incompatible". I just tried it again (I previously tried three different times in both drives on my computer) and for some reason, everything is working normally. Can't explain it, but I'll let you know if the process fails.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Duck

You are correct Duck.....it makes an ISO , but the ISO won't play only says it's incompatible.

I'll see if I can make a disc out of the ISO. Could be a challenge for me. I've never done it. In the past I have just copied the movie on a 25GB disc.

Which version of Blade Runner 2049 are you trying to back up (2D or 3D)? Also, if all you want to do is make a perfect 1:1 ISO (Disc Image) backup of any Blu-ray, I would recommend using AnyDVD HD for that. I have both CloneBD and AnyDVD HD; I find AnyDVD HD a little faster and has less "glitches" or issues pop up when just making an ISO (Disc Image) backup. When it comes to 3D Blu-rays, unless converting to a 3D MKV, you definitely want to stay away from CloneBD. CloneBD does not handle SSIF (Virtual Files) correctly and will create ISOs that are twice the size of the actual Disc. I have had no issue with, both, 3D and 2D Blu-rays of Blade Runner 2049; regarding AnyDVD HD. So, some log files or definitely more details regarding the issue would be helpful.

The 2D version. I don't understand how to use AnyDVD HD to make the ISO file. I have always broken the copy protection with Any DVD HD and used Clone DVD and Clone BD to make the actual discs. Any help here would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Duck

I tried to do the 2D version and the ISO says the disc is an unsupported format when I try to play it with the virtual clone drive. And BTW I've been doing this for 13-14 years with several hundred successful copies. I only need ANYDVD HD to remove the copyright protection. I use the ISO to burn a Blu-Ray on a 50GB disc using IMGBurn. Never had this problem before.

Right-click on the AnyDVD HD Icon in the System Tray. On the menu that appears, select "Rip to Image..."; on the window that pops up, choose where you want to save the ISO (and its name). If you check the box for "Keep Protection (Blu-ray/HD DVD)" it create a perfect 1:1 ISO (Disc Image) with no adulteration (e.g. it keeps the DRM). If you leave it unchecked, it creates an near perfect ISO; with the DRM (e.g. AACS, BD+, etc.) removed, as well as, Country Code neutralized and any other settings you may have selected in AnyDVD HD.

I tried to do the 2D version and the ISO says the disc is an unsupported format when I try to play it with the virtual clone drive. And BTW I've been doing this for 13-14 years with several hundred successful copies. I only need ANYDVD HD to remove the copyright protection. I use the ISO to burn a Blu-Ray on a 50GB disc using IMGBurn. Never had this problem before.

How did you create your ISO?

Well I think I have found the problem. The burned disc when placed in my Blu-Ray player tells me I have to update the player to renew the encryption keys which effectively makes it useless because it will then recognize cinivia. It also makes ANYDVD HD useless as well. For what it's worth the purchased copy of this title does the same thing, but it as well as the burned copy does play correctly in a newer Blu-Ray player that has been updated although cinivia kicks in after 20 minutes and shuts the burned copy's audio off.

Well I think I have found the problem. The burned disc when placed in my Blu-Ray player tells me I have to update the player to renew the encryption keys which effectively makes it useless because it will then recognize cinivia. It also makes ANYDVD HD useless as well. For what it's worth the purchased copy of this title does the same thing, but it as well as the burned copy does play correctly in a newer Blu-Ray player that has been updated although cinivia kicks in after 20 minutes and shuts the burned copy's audio off.

I am really confused by this. Is this a U.S. Copy of Blade Runner 2049? As I said before, I have purchased Blade Runner 2049 3D (and 2D) on Blu-ray. I have not had any issue when using AnyDVD HD with both discs and playing said copy. In fact, the 3D Blu-ray does not have the Dolby ATMOS Track. So, I extracted the Video & Subtitles from the 3D Disc and extracted the Dolby ATMOS from the 2D disc. I then combined them into a new 3D Disc. It worked. There wasn't any issue with Cinavia, any other DRM or any kind of Playback issue.

Yes it is a US copy of Blade Runner 2049. It apparently has something in it that requires a software update before it will play in a Blu-Ray player and ANYDVD HD is not removing it. So it will not play in my Playstation 3 that has never been updated and will not recognize cinivia, but it will play in my Playstation 4 but with cinivia kicking in after 20 minutes. . The ISO will not play on my Power DVD without an update either.

Last edited:
Yes it is a US copy of Blade Runner 2049. It apparently has something in it that requires a software update before it will play in a Blu-Ray player and ANYDVD HD is not removing it. So it will not play in my Playstation 3 that has never been updated and will not recognize cinivia, but it will play in my Playstation 4. The ISO will not play on my Power DVD without an update either.

Well without more information, I cannot help you. Especially since I am not having any issue with my Blu-rays of Blade Runner 2049. What version of AnyDVD HD are you using? I don't agree that this is a Cinavia issue. If it were, they would have put Cinavia on all the discs and mine are fine. Plus, Cinavia doesn't interfere with older Blu-ray Players (pre-Cinavia ones); it is an audio watermark. Which means, if a Blu-ray player doesn't have Cinavia capabilities, it just ignores the watermark. Cinavia only affects audio and will not stop over-all playback, regardless. There is something else causing the problem(s).

I did my US version today with no problems and this movie does not have cinavia on it, I personally don't do ISO, I just rip movie to hard drive then use CloneDVD for DVDS or use BDRebuilder for Blurays.

8.2.1.0 is the version of ANYDVD I am using. Yes I know cinavia doesn't interfere with older Blu-Ray players......that is why I have a PS3 that has never been updated so it does not recognize cinavia. When I put the burned copy, or the purchased copy, in my PS3 they do the same thing.......it says I must renew the encryption keys by updating the software. It won't even load the disc unless I update the software. They both, however will play in my PS4 that has the latest software......however it recognizes cinavia. I will also not play on my Power DVD from the ISO saying that the Power DVD must also be updated. If I update my older PS3 it will recognize cinavia and no longer play any of my back-ups that have cinavia .

8.2.1.0 is the version of ANYDVD I am using. Yes I know cinavia doesn't interfere with older Blu-Ray players......that is why I have a PS3 that has never been updated so it does not recognize cinavia. When I put the burned copy, or the purchased copy, in my PS3 they do the same thing.......it says I must renew the encryption keys by updating the software. It won't even load the disc unless I update the software. They both, however will play in my PS4 that has the latest software......however it recognizes cinavia. I will also not play on my Power DVD from the ISO saying that the Power DVD must also be updated.

I would suggest updating AnyDVD HD to the latest version (8.2.1.6) and create a new ISO. Making sure that "Keep Protection" is NOT enabled.

Back