• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Autostart on Windows 10

Art Masson

Is anyone else having trouble getting AnyDVD HD to autostart? On my primary Windows 10 machine, the only way I've been able to get AnyDVD HD to autostart is to add a DOS Batch program to my startup folder. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit Version 1709, Build 16229.192. I'm running AnyDVD Version 8.2.1.5/

I've tried uninstalling AnyDVD and reinstalling, with no luck. Autostart is checked when I right click the AnyDVD Icon in my task bar. I've tested for this on another Windows 10 machine that I have (running the same windows version) and it works fine...so this is some kind of config problem on my one Windows 10 machine. Strange....

My batch (cmd) file is simple and reads as follows. This works when added to my startup folder:
@Echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe"
exit

When I look at my task manager startup folder, there are many listings of AnyDVD listed...only one enabled...(see attached)

Any ideas how to clean this up appreciated....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 26
After uninstalling, are all the entries in the startup list cleaned up? I have one entry "AnyDVD Application (5)" which expands to show ADvdDiscHlp64, AnyDVDApplication, Conhost, Conhost (listed twice) and StopPasskey

After uninstalling all the AnyDVD Application entries are gone...except for a number of "AnyDVDtray" items that are marked as disabled. (See screen capture attached).

However, after I reinstall...I'm back to the long list of multiple AnyDVD startup instances (see below)...And if I enable any one of the AnyDVD listings...it still will not autostart without the batch file I've created and added to the startup folder...

Attachments

• AnyDVD Tray.JPG
    AnyDVD Tray.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 18
  • After Reinstall.JPG
    After Reinstall.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you've micro-managed your system to the point where what's works for less technically savvy users for not tinkering with the registry and other settings, you have created uncommon issues for yourself.
I've done the same with my PC at work and have had to reimage numerous times, but never with my home system.

Yaris -- It could be. I've never messed with the registry directly, but this PC has been the "victim" of a number of Windows Insider beta Windows 10 releases and I've had to restore/re-image it from an older/more stable backup to get back to the current Windows 10 Version 1709 release. I think I'll just keep using my DOS CMD file work around until the next MS Windows 10 public release (Version 1803) planned for March/April 2018 and hope that brings my machine back to a "standard" situation.

This will be my last post on this subject. I don't want to re-image this machine again. And since this problem only occurs on my primary machine (and clearly autostart works on other Windows 10 platforms including two others that I have). I'm writing this problem off to something amiss with this particular Windows 10 configuration on this machine.

Before you run away, do you know when 1803 will get pushed to the PRO users?
-W

Current plans are for Release 1803 to go to general availability in March (hence the release number of 18 for 2018 and 03 for March). Microsoft is currently on a track to generate major feature releases of Windows 10 every six months. Release 1803 will be followed by 1809 in September 2018 and 1903 in March of 2019. MS released the latest beta of Windows 10 Release 1803 to their Insiders testers (Build 17074.1002) on January 19th...so the planned March 2018 release appears on track. See attached slide from Microsoft.

Attachments

• Windows Release.JPG
    Windows Release.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi Art : Not that i have seen on the forum, I think if there was an issue, the forum would be chatting about it , have you tried an uninstall and reinstall?

Yes I have (see above) and have tried this multiple times. I believe this is a problem specific to my PC and the Windows 10 instance on it...or, as you say, others would be reporting it. I'm just going to live with my workaround until the next Windows 10 release upgrade occurs and see if that fixes the problem.

If not done already: I suggest to uninstall AnyDVD and then run CCleaner to remove remainders of the program. Then install AnyDVD again.

If AnyDVD asks to delete everything. Say yes but be sure to have your registration information on file to unlock the new install.

OK. Problem Fixed !

1. I uninstalled AnyDVD including the registration/license info.
2. I ran CCleaner twice. (Once for general problems and again for problems with the registry with all the defaults)
3. Reinstalled AnyDVD and enabled my registration
4. Disabled my DOS batch file startup workaround in Task Manager
5. Restarted my PC...and AnyDVD started up on boot up.

Thanks for the suggestions...Here is my current Task Manager/Startup Info after CCleaner and reboot...still lots of duplicated AnyDVD startup files, but it is now working in any event.

Attachments

• Task Mgr after CCleaner.JPG
    Task Mgr after CCleaner.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 6
OK. Problem Fixed !

2. I ran CCleaner twice. (Once for general problems and again for problems with the registry with all the defaults)

Thanks for the suggestions...Here is my current Task Manager/Startup Info after CCleaner and reboot...still lots of duplicated AnyDVD startup files, but it is now working in any event.
Good job. A lot of time a complete reinstall will fix most things. Now we know it was an issue with your system. I am very happy you have it resolved. Dont hesiate to contact me, if you run into anymore issues.

OK. Problem Fixed !

To feel safer, when I install a new AnyDVD I always deinstall the old one, then reboot Windows. Then I install new AnyDVD version and then reboot again.
Never had any AnyDVD Autostart issues.
(except some other small bug in an old SlySoft AnyDVD-version, when optical drive vanished after AnyDVD deinstallation, and reappearing after AnyDVD reinstall) :)
(But I haven't used AnyDVD on Windows 10 yet.)

Hmm...one remaining small problem. When AnyDVD auto-starts on boot-up it does not start minimized to the task-bar as on my other PC (it launches into status mode and I have to manually minimize it). I don't see a setting to fix/adjust this. Wonder if this is a remnant of my original problem...

Be sure to have no disc in the drive or you don't have a virtual disc drive mounted. Then AnyDVD doesn't start minimized. If that is not the case then you still have a minor issue.

No disc in the physical Asus drive... but I do have a Virtual "Roxio Burn Drive" both are Drive E: Could that be causing this?...

Attachments

• anydvd status.JPG
    anydvd status.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 5
  • drives.JPG
    drives.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 5
Be sure to have no disc in the drive or you don't have a virtual disc drive mounted. Then AnyDVD doesn't start minimized. If that is not the case then you still have a minor issue.
That's completely incorrect. AnyDVD starts just fine with a disc in a drive, an iso in an optical drive or even both at the same time. Having a disc inserted one way or another had zero impact on AnyDVD's ability to launch minimized or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

No disc in the physical Asus drive... but I do have a Virtual "Roxio Burn Drive" both are Drive E: Could that be causing this?...

Afaik that shouldn't be possible. 2 drives sharing the same at the same time has to be causing issues one way or another. Windows should be assigning a different letter to one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Maybe the conflicting E: drive letter is the issue.

Che3vron,

yes, AnyDVD will start maximized if a CD-ROM is in the DVD drive at startup. I had to exchange the DVD drive in my Lenovo laptop and use now a Matshita DVD drive from my son's trashed HP laptop (AMD graphics chip failed). This drive is not completely compatible with the Lenovo and the laptop keeps ejecting the slot-in mechanism constantly if there is no disc in the drive. Therefore I keep a CD-ROM in it to avoid these nuisance ejects. However, with that disc in the drive the Lenovo always starts with AnyDVD maximized.

Back