• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Sound

raylyncorvette

Haven't really had any issues for quite sometime with AnyDVD or RedFox until now. Don't know if this a Cinevia issue or not but it seems my latest DVD burn has no sound what-so-ever. It will play the intro for Lionsgate or Universal but when I select play movie I get nothing. No freezing or jerking no codes or anything as before. Just complete silence while the movie plays on. So is this still a Cinevia issue or am I missing something here?

Haven't really had any issues for quite sometime with AnyDVD or RedFox until now. Don't know if this a Cinevia issue or not but it seems my latest DVD burn has no sound what-so-ever. It will play the intro for Lionsgate or Universal but when I select play movie I get nothing. No freezing or jerking no codes or anything as before. Just complete silence while the movie plays on. So is this still a Cinevia issue or am I missing something here?

Not an AnyDVD problem. AnyDVD doesn't burn burn to disk. Cinavia messages have a specific message and info code that comes on screen
Anything else and it's not cinavia.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Not Cinavia - wrong audio track selection (or lack thereof) in the Main Movie.
-W

I don't quite follow what you are saying about the "wrong audio track". I put the disc in the tray of the burner and burn the entire disc to the hardrive. I've also tried deleting items such as menu and added bonus features but still no sound. I've even tried just burning to a disc and its the same results. This has happened so far on about five or six movies. The two most recent are "Wind River" and "Manhunt: Unabomber". Very confused:(

I forgot to tell you I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD as my primary software. Playback is through Cyberlink.

I forgot to tell you I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD as my primary software. Playback is through Cyberlink.
As was previously said, AnyDVD does NOT touch the audio. So you are selecting the wrong, or no, audio track(s) in CloneDVD. Make sure on the Audio and Subtitles section that audio tracks have been checked, especially the AC-3/6 tracks as those are typically the main movie tracks.

Sorry. I know AnyDVD doesn't do the burning and doesn't "touch" the audio but it does remove the "tags" so it can be burned. I just wanted you to know what I was using. As for the audio tracks they are all set at AC-3/6 EN. Just tried burning Manhunt Unabomber disc 1 and still no sound. So far I've gone through six different disc's and have tried downloading to the HDD. The same thing goes for Wind River. I still find it interesting that my problem seems to be related to Lionsgate. Just guessing.

Sorry. I know AnyDVD doesn't do the burning and doesn't "touch" the audio but it does remove the "tags" so it can be burned. I just wanted you to know what I was using. As for the audio tracks they are all set at AC-3/6 EN. Just tried burning Manhunt Unabomber disc 1 and still no sound. So far I've gone through six different disc's and have tried downloading to the HDD. The same thing goes for Wind River. I still find it interesting that my problem seems to be related to Lionsgate. Just guessing.
Are you saying you have ripped the discs to your hard drive, and played the rip from the hard drive, and there is no sound?

This may sound stupid, but are you sure the device you are playing the discs on has the sound on and is not muted? Must check all possibilities. Does the original play...with sound?

Last edited:
Are you saying you have ripped the discs to your hard drive, and played the rip from the hard drive, and there is no sound?

This may sound stupid, but are you sure the device you are playing the discs on has the sound on and is not muted? Must check all possibilities. Does the original play...with sound?

The original plays just fine and yes I do have the sound on. For my default I use Realtek High def audio. I also have a BOSE USB audio sound system (not used much) and I've even tried the sound system that came with my monitor (ASUS PB278-8) Nvidia High Def Audio. This has only happened on about 5 or 6 movies but as I stated they are all Lionsgate/Universal. I've burned the original to the hard drive as a complete 100% copy. The intro plays with the Lionsgate or Universal splash screen (with sound) but when I select "play" I get the movie but no sound. I've gone as far as to burn the movie with different configurations on different discs (full copy, edited out upcoming attractions, with and without menu etc but I still get the same results...NO SOUND. I can burn and play just about anything else except the few I have mentioned. I've been doing this for more than 18 years but I've never come across this one. This is really getting frustrating.

Have you tried ripping to ISO with anyDVD and burning it with Clone DVD or IMG burn?

Have you tried ripping to ISO with anyDVD and burning it with Clone DVD or IMG burn?
That is exactly the wrong thing to do on a DVD, especially one that may have structural protection.

@raylyncorvette: Can you attach an AnyDVD log from one of the problem discs?

AnyDVD should break the structural protection shouldn't it?

That is exactly the wrong thing to do on a DVD, especially one that may have structural protection.

@raylyncorvette: Can you attach an AnyDVD log from one of the problem discs?

Believe it or not the same issue just happened with Blade Runner 2049. Three ruined discs and one really pissed off person. I've tried everything I can think of to get this working as it should. What I am going to do now is dump CloneDVD and reload to see if just maybe that is the issue but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I have to be up in 6 hours and report to the airport. Once I get back I'll try it once more and if it still fails I'll send you a log file. By the way FYI I've also got three burners in my system. One ASUS and two SONY's. The ASUS is a BluRay and the two SONY's are standard DVD. Just wanted to let you all know I've tried multiple burners and I still get the same result....NO SOUND.

AnyDVD should break the structural protection shouldn't it?
When you rip the disc to the hard drive, yes. When you rip to iso, not necessarily. That is why you get the pop-up warning you about ripping to iso on DVDs, and why James has stated numerous times not to do it. Use CloneDVD to rip to iso if needed. You can rip to iso IF you are only going to play back the iso. When you burn that iso to disc, you will get all sorts of problems.

A screen shot of the "Audio and Subtitles" and "Output Method" screens in CloneDVD might also be helpful.

Last edited:
Try ripping to folder with AnyDVD and importing that folder into DVDShrink as a test?
Just pull the Main movie with AC3-5.1 audio track using shrink. (this as a test)
But and AnyDVD logfile and CloneDVD logfile of this title is needed for further investigation of your CloneDVD theory.
-W

Try ripping to folder with AnyDVD and importing that folder into DVDShrink as a test?
Just pull the Main movie with AC3-5.1 audio track using shrink. (this as a test)
But and AnyDVD logfile and CloneDVD logfile of this title is needed for further investigation of your CloneDVD theory.
-W

It took a while but I think I found the issue. At first I thought maybe it was my burners acting up so I deleted them (unplugged at the board) and then reinstalled and made sure all firmware was up to date. I then tried burning again.....NO SOUND. So I figured it was time to go ahead and pull up one of my backups from a month ago to see if that worked and everything worked perfect. Sound-Picture-Menu the works. Then Windows wanted to perform its "NEW" update that was missing due to the backup. Once it finished I decided to try to burn Blade Runner 2049. Well it happened again. NO SOUND. I ended up contacting Microsoft and we had to reload windows (fresh) and perform a backdoor update. At the same time I ended up reloading CloneDVD and AnyDVD. It seems the newest update from Windows doesn't like CloneDVD or AnyDVD for that fact. Regardless I ended up having to go to Microsoft for a fix. If anyone else experiences this issue it will require a fresh install of Windows and CloneDVD to solve your problem.

Either way it never could have been an anydvd problem in the first place (where you posted) as anydvd simply can't touch audio in any way. At best it would have been a CloneDVD problem

Either way it never could have been an anydvd problem in the first place (where you posted) as anydvd simply can't touch audio in any way. At best it would have been a CloneDVD problem

Sorry I was wrong in "your" opinion. I never once actually said it was an AnyDVD issue. I only stated I never had an issue before with it or with RedFox. I was just looking for a solution or answer. And by the way "IF" I had known it was a CloneDVD issue I wouldn't have posted in the first place. I thought this forum was a place for other members to help each other and not be so damn arrogant. So in the future I'll ask a real tech before I come to you or this forum for advice or help that I never really received!

Sorry I was wrong in "your" opinion. I never once actually said it was an AnyDVD issue. I only stated I never had an issue before with it or with RedFox. I was just looking for a solution or answer. And by the way "IF" I had known it was a CloneDVD issue I wouldn't have posted in the first place. I thought this forum was a place for other members to help each other and not be so damn arrogant. So in the future I'll ask a real tech before I come to you or this forum for advice or help that I never really received!

You weren't wrong in my oppinion, not that my oppinion has anything to do with it at all. There's nothing arrogant about it. Since you posted in the AnyDVD DVD issues section, the normal assumption is made you thought it was an anydvd problem. That's all. If you're uncertain where to post, i recommend general chat. We'll move topics then to the proper section when needed.

That's all, don't go looking for personal attacks where there aren't any/

Back