• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Given what I'm seeing today, yes, very much so. 3 of my discs are now supported using the alternative and I submitted a few more to help out the cause. I'm sure Redfox will get up to speed soon enough. LOL
I am sure they will too which is great news for everyone I have three UHD friendly drives and about 80 4k movies to rip and I am a happy camper I didn't buy into the DeUHD program because of the price and also I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone else figured out how to do it.

My concern is that if RedFox figure out the same method others have discovered and choose to similarly implement it with their own proprietary format/process it will mean users will have to re-submit per-disc data for titles to be decryptable, which means the effort of users submitting to one program won't carry over to another (unlike leaked key lists).

On the other hand if the this new process' hashed format is publicly documented then it's mutually beneficial for both AnyDVD and other programs that use the format, or alternatively if AnyDVD supports providing the raw VUK then more may choose to use AnyDVD for this aspect (though at the expense—from one point of view—of allowing any software to use the keys).

Hopefully compatibility wins.

I am sure they will too which is great news for everyone I have three UHD friendly drives and about 80 4k movies to rip and I am a happy camper I didn't buy into the DeUHD program because of the price and also I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone else figured out how to do it.

I only have 4 UHD's right now, but, I've made the command decision that I'm going 4K this year. I'm VERY much looking forward to Last Jedi in 4K. I won't be able to watch it in full resolution til I get an LG OLED panel later this year, but, getting set up for it and getting it ripped will be very awesome.

My concern is that if RedFox figure out the same method others have discovered and choose to similarly implement it with their own proprietary format/process it will mean users will have to re-submit per-disc data for titles to be decryptable, which means the effort of users submitting to one program won't carry over to another (unlike leaked key lists).

On the other hand if the this new process' hashed format is publicly documented then it's mutually beneficial for both AnyDVD and other programs that use the format, or alternatively if AnyDVD supports providing the raw VUK then more may choose to use AnyDVD for this aspect (though at the expense—from one point of view—of allowing any software to use the keys).

what wins for us is the end user is the more companies that figure it out the less we will have to pay now that there is another Deuhd will have to lower their prices or go belly up.

Actually, it won't. If they figure it out it'll be the same process that works now which is the online database. When you put an unsupported blu-ray in your drive, information is sent to the redfox servers that allow them to decrypt it and get the title key which is then added to the online database for everyone. Eventually, once they're confident they can fully support UHD, the same process will happen for UHD.

I only have 4 UHD's right now, but, I've made the command decision that I'm going 4K this year. I'm VERY much looking forward to Last Jedi in 4K. I won't be able to watch it in full resolution til I get an LG OLED panel later this year, but, getting set up for it and getting it ripped will be very awesome.
I started buying them last year mostly in lots from fleabay when the price was right man they are expensive but all in all worth the price for those of us with 4k Tvs.

Actually, it won't. If they figure it out it'll be the same process that works now which is the online database. When you put an unsupported blu-ray in your drive, information is sent to the redfox servers that allow them to decrypt it and get the title key which is then added to the online database for everyone. Eventually, once they're confident they can fully support UHD, the same process will happen for UHD.

Wouldn't be bad if that were the case. Guess it depends if it's the title key method they discover, as DeUHD's method required downloading hundreds of MBs from their servers per disc to decrypt from what I've read since it used keys per block or something rather than for a whole title, which obviously isn't something all users want or can support.

If you don’t already know, DeUHD is now becoming redundant as MakeMKV now supports it’s own hashed based keys system and someone is supplying the keys to them using DeUHD to obtain them. Meaning all discs that DeUHD can decrypt can now be done by MakeMKV.

If you don’t already know, DeUHD is now becoming redundant as MakeMKV now supports it’s own hashed based keys system and someone is supplying the keys to them using DeUHD to obtain them. Meaning all discs that DeUHD can decrypt can now be done by MakeMKV.
There are a lot of titles that Deuhd can't do that Makemkv can do right nowJFYI

MakeMKV is using their own aacs2.0 dumps to retrieve title keys. Has nothing at all to do with deuhd. They aren't using it to get the keys. The hashed key list already had several titles not supported by deuhd and that list is about to grow as more users submit aacs2.0 dumps created by MakeMKV.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

suggest you look for a 2016 LG OLED model if possible. It's the last with 3D, and 3D on this set (I have one) is simply stunning. Passive 3D in full resolution and you don't have to control ambient light like you do with active 3D.

that said, you can't go wrong with these OLED sets. Hands down they beat any LED solution on the market today; they easily bested my older plasma display as well.

FYI - if you can decrypt UHD you only need the UHD TV. All the requirments for UHD Certified Players, SGX, latest Win 10 etc etc all disappear. You can just play it with your fav SW player. FYI - I actually purchased all the "certified" bits to build a new HTPC and could never get it working, so gave up. Cost a big bunch of $$ all for nothing. :mad: Decrypting the UHD solved all of that. Infact the big studios should thank those providing the ability to backup UHD as I now purchase them over BD where I can.... so they make more $ :ROFLMAO:

it took me a lot of work to get it working on my HTPC. the key was downloading some Intel software to enable SGX mode to be "software controlled". What was weird is I had to run it from a terminal window and then reboot. once i did that, PDVD reported I met all the criteria and was able to play back a disc. This was in addition to the BIOS setting for my mother board which also had to be configured for SGX "software controlled". all in all it took a few days.

simply finding that intel download meant sorting through their developer forums. what a cluster....

it took me a lot of work to get it working on my HTPC. the key was downloading some Intel software to enable SGX mode to be "software controlled". What was weird is I had to run it from a terminal window and then reboot. once i did that, PDVD reported I met all the criteria and was able to play back a disc. This was in addition to the BIOS setting for my mother board which also had to be configured for SGX "software controlled". all in all it took a few days.

simply finding that intel download meant sorting through their developer forums. what a cluster....

You know that DVDfab player 5 supports playing UHD bluray discs don't you? No need for SGX etc with that player.

You know that DVDfab player 5 supports playing UHD bluray discs don't you? No need for SGX etc with that player.

for unprotected UHDs, yes. pretty certain it will not playback an encrypted UHD.

that said, you can't go wrong with these OLED sets. Hands down they beat any LED solution on the market today; they easily bested my older plasma display as well.

My Sony Z9D would kindly disagree.

suggest you look for a 2016 LG OLED model if possible. It's the last with 3D, and 3D on this set (I have one) is simply stunning. Passive 3D in full resolution and you don't have to control ambient light like you do with active 3D.

I considered it but there's a few features I want that I don't believe the 2016 sets have. Then again, I may look again at them cause it would be nice to have the best of all worlds. But I want HDR10+ or HDR10 Advanced as I think LG calls it. Is that going to be supported on the older sets or is that new for the 2018 lineup only?

I considered it but there's a few features I want that I don't believe the 2016 sets have. Then again, I may look again at them cause it would be nice to have the best of all worlds. But I want HDR10+ or HDR10 Advanced as I think LG calls it. Is that going to be supported on the older sets or is that new for the 2018 lineup only?

Also HDMI 2.1 will not be featured on sets till 2019. Mostly affects motion lag particularly for gaming.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-1-is-here-but-dont-worry-about-it-now/

Back