• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Recommendation for read errors

coopervid

I'm trying to make a backup of Mad Max Fury Road in EU. CloneBD stopped with read errors at 63% for the main movie. I'm currently trying to make an ISO with AnyDVD. It slowed down to 0.2 Mb/s at 51% but picked up speed again. So I hope it will finish in a few minutes.

Question: Is there a general recommendation if you have a disc with read errors what to try next and which software?

Thanks in advance!

If cleaning the disc doesn't work, your only hope is to get another copy of the exact same disc. In that case, even if it also has read errors, one has the ability to use some tools to fill in the blanks and avoid the errors on each (with that said, requires some advanced technical savvy and older drives that dont do bus encryption). Your can also try a different drive that might be better able to read the bad disc. Otherwise, you're somewhat out of luck.

ISO rip with AnyDVD was successful. 2 attempts with CloneBD failed after 2 times cleaning the disc.
I would still be interested if AnyDVD has a better or longer read strategy and if there is maybe a 3rd part software that manages such cases even better.

ISO rip with AnyDVD was successful. 2 attempts with CloneBD failed after 2 times cleaning the disc.
I would still be interested if AnyDVD has a better or longer read strategy and if there is maybe a 3rd part software that manages such cases even better.
AnyDVD does many retries and it lets you skip over read errors. So it is pretty good.

:banghead::banghead: CloneBD quits conversion / compression also at 63% using the ISO created by AnyDVD. Should I start a thread in the CloneBD section?

:banghead::banghead: CloneBD quits conversion / compression also at 63% using the ISO created by AnyDVD. Should I start a thread in the CloneBD section?
Yes, please.

Back