• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Getting an info box center screen after the PC boots up

rgh43

I have a box that just popped up in the middle of my screen looking like the example below. It does have the usual triangle yellow background with an exclamation mark in the center of the triangle which is at the left of the box. Now I just purchased the program a few days ago & installed it with no apparent problems until tonight. I have not used it yet. Now I did a new install of the Opera browse this afternoon so I did a system Restore made today at 9am which is just after this am's bootup to see if that would clear up the issue. That is the only thing that has been done today or since AnyDVD was installed Sun 1/7. I restarted & it popped up again, then I shut down & it popped up & restarted & it popped up again. I can hit the X in the box & the box & it will close the box and stay that way until I start or restart. After several restarts I did just get a new message just now but only one time did that happen. That message says it is corrupt & to reload?

So should I just try to reload AnyDVD?

AnyDVD X

InstallAvdDiscHlp() failed

IDVDInfo2::GetDiscId hook not installed!

Dvdinfo is tapping into the AnyDVD files, AnyDVD doesn't like that. It's in the message you're getting:

IDVDINFO2: hook not installed.

Tell that thing to stop messing with AnyDVD and all will work just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

What is Dvdinfo, where do I find it & how do I tell it to stop? Thanks for the quick answer.

What is Dvdinfo, where do I find it & how do I tell it to stop? Thanks for the quick answer.
That should be something installed on your system, or AnyDVD shouldn't be giving you that warning.

All that said.
Uninstalling and re-installing AnyDVD-HD - after you find the culprit (Dvdinfo) - never hurt anyone. :)
-W

Dvdinfo is tapping into the AnyDVD files, AnyDVD doesn't like that. It's in the message you're getting:

IDVDINFO2: hook not installed.

Tell that thing to stop messing with AnyDVD and all will work just fine.

No, it is AnyDVD telling you that it cannot install its IDVDInfo2::GetDiscId hook. This hook is done, so catalog software (DVD Profiler, MyMovies, Media Player, ...) can identify the disc even after AnyDVD has modified it.
Solution is to reinstall AnyDVD.

Learned something new then, my bad. Thx for the info!

I never did find DVDinfo or any file like that in searching my PC etc. My first thought was to as I mentioned in my original post to reinstall AnyDVD as James suggested. I posted to see if anyone had a similar problem & what did they do to fix it. So I removed everything related to AnyDVD that I could find then reinstalled it
, so far so good... Thanks

No, it is AnyDVD telling you that it cannot install its IDVDInfo2::GetDiscId hook. This hook is done, so catalog software (DVD Profiler, MyMovies, Media Player, ...) can identify the disc even after AnyDVD has modified it.
Solution is to reinstall AnyDVD.
James, if someone doesn't use any of the catalog software would failing the hook install cause any problems with decrypting a disc?

Well it did come back but I have since removed Win 7 & installed Win10, seems Ok so far.

Back