• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

I have a Lifetime AnyDVD HD and DeUHD licence. Looking at my 46 UHD BD Discs ripped so far, DeUHD supports 45 of them, 7 by AnyDVD/VUK.... eg AnyDVD/VUK so far gives me only one extra disc than DeUHD at this stage. DeUHD has so far cost me US$3 per disc. As more titles are supported this will drop, eg Balthazar2k4 is down to $1.28 per disc ripped so far (we both got the cheaper initial lifetime lic).

I don't know why the animosity towards DeUHD. They broke new ground. Sure their model may have issues, but they are doing something others are still struggling to do some months after their first release. The goods news is that I would expect orgs like RedFox will be looking at what they have done and then explore better and more sustainable solutions. I remember in the early days of AnyDVD HD when all scanned our discs and sent in log files. This is where DeUHD is at now. They clearly have a process where they can take user submitted info and then generate the keys they need. The next stage of dev will no doubt be on how to Automate and speed this process up.

At present DeUHD is the only real commercial solution, the rest (including RedFox) are relying on 3rd parties publishing Keys (good on konsts and the others that will follow!). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter and have been since the start of AnyDVD HD. On a per disc basis my investment is down to around 10 cents per BD (and that includes the re-licence with RedFox). I'm looking forward to when the same will be true for UHD.

Edit - Tally so Far: 389 UHD Discs can be decrypted thanks to either DeUHD or konsts VUK, with a tally by source as:
- 299 by DeUHD (233 unique)
- 156 by konsts (90 unique) (using AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV)
- 0 by AnyDVD or MakeMKV nativly
+ it looks like some others have may have worked out how to rip UHD as the first non DeUHD/VUK supported disc has appeared from pirates (Dunkirk???)

Last edited:
How many of those movies are any good? A see a lot of people buying movies that they wouldn't ordinarily buy just to see if they can back them up. Sooner of later, all the companies will have this way or the UHD movie producers will change the way they protect them. I have nothing against DeUHD as a matter of fact, I think they are very smart to have come out with a way to do this. But for now there are not enough movie that I want to see in UHD, Bluray will be fine until a cheaper answer is found.

Sooner of later, all the companies will have this way or the UHD movie producers will change the way they protect them.

I can't see them changing anything of significance.

Sure they can order and force legit/licensed 4K/UHD player makers and software makers to modify future drives/players/software but they can never alter anything that will prevent current equipment or software from working since that would automatically invoke a world-wide class action lawsuit worth billions of $$$$.

[QUOTE="RedFox 1, post: 479859, member: 9" Sooner of later, all the companies will have this way or the UHD movie producers will change the way they protect them.

I can't see them changing anything of significance.

Sure they can order and force legit/licensed 4K/UHD player makers and software makers to modify future drives/players/software but they can never alter anything that will prevent current equipment or software from working since that would automatically invoke a world-wide class action lawsuit worth billions of $$$$.[/QUOTE]
Yup, you could be right there also, I actually meant changing the way they use the keys to unlock the UHD video. Using something a little harder to crack.
I didnt mean the players, I mean't the actual discs will have more protection. Just a thought, it probably will never happen.

George Lucas tried to do this back in the 70's/80's.
He wanted to change the protection on the media to prevent user's from copying his works. He even attempted to implement a new style reader to prevent such but the industry told him that it was ill advised since no one would ever buy new equipment just to watch a select handful of only his movies.
His pipe dream died in its infancy thankfully.

@RedFox 1 That is an argument I can agree with! Watched the DarkTower Last night .... UHD certainly did not save the movie. That said, from now on I'm only buying UHD discs when I can (well the retail pack normally has both a UHD and BD in it) with some repurchases where I like the movie and the reviews of the UHD Version shows a good upgrade over the BD.... I've (unfortunately) also broken this rule during the sales and re-purchased some crap movies just because they were "cheap". :whistle:

FYI - DeUHD now supports Dunkirk, so it is very close to the Chinese Pirates release.

@RedFox 1 That is an argument I can agree with! Watched the DarkTower Last night .... UHD certainly did not save the movie. That said, from now on I'm only buying UHD discs when I can (well the retail pack normally has both a UHD and BD in it) with some repurchases where I like the movie and the reviews of the UHD Version shows a good upgrade over the BD.... I've (unfortunately) also broken this rule during the sales and re-purchased some crap movies just because they were "cheap". :whistle:

FYI - DeUHD now supports Dunkirk, so it is very close to the Chinese Pirates release.
I think you misunderstood my other posts, we agree on a lot of things. I am not in anyway against DeUHD, I applaud them for the ingenuity they have come up with, my thought is that I do not think the studios will sit back and leave it that easy to break the encryption. Remember, in the USA I am not sure if you can rent UHD discs, so everyone has to buy them, then buy the program. It just seems a bit too expensive to me, thats all.

Thanks - sounds like we are on the same page regarding DeUHD. I'm also keen to support them as their success will spur other on in this area. We need choice and competition in this space. Good on konsts for the VUK dumps (and Redfox/MakeMKV for using them), but with some luck and hard work from Redfox et al, I'm sure a more sustainable approach will be found.

On the cost side, each person will have their own "value for $" equation if it is "worth" the cost of the UHD, Decryper etc Vs what they can get now with BD. If I was only going to play them on my TV and 5.1 setup, I too would question it. A "good" UHD looks and sound impressive on my 125" 4K PJ / 7.2.4 Atmos/DTS:X setup. :) ...and yes, the bulk of the extra cost of ripping UHD over BD is the (large) fee that Arusoft is currently charging (but for me it is now down to a few $ per disc). This is also the cost of being an "early adopter", the cost should also decrease as other orgs enter the space, making it more affordable for more users.

Deuhd 2 rips a day...... Maybe they had some conscience about piracy lol.

I wish I could share how to do every UHD but I would have FBI at my doors. Please don't not private message me. You don't need keys, or powerdvd or altered firmware. The weak link is in intels HDMI hdcp 2.2, not the keys......

DeUHD is now uppped to 6 per day (for Lifetime Users). I think the HDCP2.2 exploit you are talking about is for Captures. DeUHD and VUK lets us get full disc rips.

$299.00 euro is a large amount of Money just to rip UHD discs and I have without counting about 36 or so and even at their six month plan for me it just isn't worth the bother I just rip my Blurays to H265 and have excellent quality picture.

Deuhd works well but just not worth it to me and I am happy that they have found away to crack the UHD discs other companies will follow soon and I can wait.

If they offered Lifetime licenses for $100.00 I would jump all over it in a nano second the problem is they are selling to the Classes and any good sales person knows sell to the classes and eat with the masses...sell to the masses and eat with the classes simple but true.:)

DeUHD is an example of where being an early adopter paid off for [some] people. They bought in at a lower price point and can process more discs per day. At the end of the day whether or not DeUHD is worth the money comes down to the person, their video collection, their home media setup, viewing habits, etc. For the casual user it may not have value. For others it will be more than worth it. To each their own.

DELUHD is currently being sold for a 399 EUR lifetime license, which is dishonestly expensive and yet with terrible limits how many ripples can be made per day for DELUHD's disgusting practices to the customer at that price and limits it really does not cost

DELUHD is currently being sold for a 399 EUR lifetime license, which is dishonestly expensive and yet with terrible limits how many ripples can be made per day for DELUHD's disgusting practices to the customer at that price and limits it really does not cost
Your correct I just checked the website and they went up another 100.00 EUR...Holy $hit they will charge what people will pay but their sales structure is all wrong IMHO lower the price they will have all the customers they need for Tons of development money with a very large Profit much more than they will make with their crazy ass prices for lifetime.

Your correct I just checked the website and they went up another 100.00 EUR...Holy $hit they will charge what people will pay but their sales structure is all wrong IMHO lower the price they will have all the customers they need for Tons of development money with a very large Profit much more than they will make with their crazy ass prices for lifetime.
People complained about RedFox pricing also. It all depends on how badly you want the software.

I'm going to start a UHD online store. Copy UHD then throw it up for sale..... 1/2 price lol

Disclaimer: practically new viewed once

o_O

Even better new site called trade UHD..... Like Napster but each person sends swaps UHD movies on a main site. Lol

I'm going to start a UHD online store. Copy UHD then throw it up for sale..... 1/2 price lol

Disclaimer: practically new viewed once

o_O
all anyone needs now is the VUK keys if your prices were decent of course if one did that the keys would be leaked all over the internet so you would loose out.

Back