• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD support what do I need?

thedatman

I was looking at the possibility of building a new PC to play UHD rips or even better movie only encodes with Clone BD Playing from either from PDVD 17 or my Sony UBP-X800 via usb.

I have like $800 worth of stuff in my Newegg card consisting of G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99

GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1151 91W CM8067702868219 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 630 - OEM

Windows 10 Home - 64-bit - OEM

Now my current setup is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 with a AMD FX8150 8 core processor with 16gb of DDR3 (240 pin) memory AMD Radeon HD6700 graphics and W7. On it's way is a LG WH16NS60 drive

Now I am not really planning to spend $800 on this until one I know its going to work. Two I'm sure there is no better option. One problem I have is I don't want to build this computer up again I would lose software that my best understanding is once you update it or reinstall it it never works right again. Anybody with Sound Forge might know what I'm talking about.

So I see two options one I can build a new PC with mostly new hardware and install W10 on a separate drive keeping the W7 installation. Not sure how well it would work I would need to install all the new drivers for the new hardware either before or after the new upgrade.

The other would be a 2nd W10 installation on my current machine and with Clone BD to process the the rips would I be able to make it work?

Both your MB and cpu need changing to be safe. Uhd requires Intel SGX, and that's only fully supported from Z270 chipset and beyond. Not a 100% sure but I think PowerDVD requires Win10 for uhd too. You'll have to check the system requirements

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Both your MB and cpu need changing to be safe. Uhd requires Intel SGX, and that's only fully supported from Z270 chipset and beyond. Not a 100% sure but I think PowerDVD requires Win10 for uhd too. You'll have to check the system requirements

Thanks guess this will be a short thread is my 1st option possible? To try to reboot my current W7 installation with all the new hardware and reinstall the new drivers then install W10 on a separate drive? Yes you are correct PDVD 17 requires W10. So do most video editing programs. I recently got a gopro and their software only works with W10 so the move may be inevitable.

Guys - that's insane.

Please direct people to ways to 4k with less cost and having the same picture experience.

Guys - that's insane.

Please direct people to ways to 4k with less cost and having the same picture experience.
Can't do that. No such cheaper thing exists for PC based playback. Blame Intel SGX and aacs 2.0

Thanks guess this will be a short thread is my 1st option possible? To try to reboot my current W7 installation with all the new hardware and reinstall the new drivers then install W10 on a separate drive? Yes you are correct PDVD 17 requires W10. So do most video editing programs. I recently got a gopro and their software only works with W10 so the move may be inevitable.
If it's all new hardware you're better off going immediately with win 10. The drivers that will come with the MB aren't guaranteed to work (fully) with win 7. That's a 10+ year old os. Just hook up the old drive afterwards and you should then still be able to access the files.

As to win 10 itself, it's going to have to be a bought version. M$ shut down the last free upgrade option to win 10 (using the accessibility services link) on December 31st. Unless they haven't done it just yet.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, uhd: forget about using a card such as the GTX 10xx series as display device, Intel SGX (and in turn PowerDVD 17) REQUIRE the display device to be hooked up to the iGPU. Using a gfx card? Uhd will get downscaled to 1080p

Buying W10 is a given. They stopped the free upgrade July 31 2016. Maybe I'll wait a little while. I can buy a copy of W10 and see if Clone BD works

Buying W10 is a given. They stopped the free upgrade July 31 2016. Maybe I'll wait a little while. I can buy a copy of W10 and see if Clone BD works
Actually no they didn't, there was a way around it (just Google it, 'win 10 upgrade accessibility services') with a little luck they don't have stopped it yesterday.

Actually no they didn't, there was a way around it (just Google it, 'win 10 upgrade accessibility services') with a little luck they don't have stopped it yesterday.

Thanks for the info. I may get a free upgrade tonight. I'm at 7% now.

It takes about an hour to download, and requires a dual layer dvd.

It takes about an hour to download, and requires a dual layer dvd.
I'm at 81% complete and may have a dual layer dvd. Will a BD dice do?

Never mind I have one thanks for the headsup.

No it error-ed out for the 2nd time 1st was a missing dll file and google was my friend thr 2nd was after the install I didn't copy the error but said to contact microsoft to fix it.

It failed 3 times the last 2 it gets all the way up to the actual install with the solid blue screen and it just stops with a windows 10 installation has failed window left open.

got an error code 0x8000000a all 3 times.
If it's all new hardware you're better off going immediately with win 10. The drivers that will come with the MB aren't guaranteed to work (fully) with win 7. That's a 10+ year old os. Just hook up the old drive afterwards and you should then still be able to access the files.

As to win 10 itself, it's going to have to be a bought version. M$ shut down the last free upgrade option to win 10 (using the accessibility services link) on December 31st. Unless they haven't done it just yet.

I bought a copy of W10 pro from digital racks, its a download service. I'm going to install it as a secondary OS for now and experiment with my options.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, uhd: forget about using a card such as the GTX 10xx series as display device, Intel SGX (and in turn PowerDVD 17) REQUIRE the display device to be hooked up to the iGPU. Using a gfx card? Uhd will get downscaled to 1080p

DVDFab Media Player 3 / 5 plays UHD 4K rips (HDR / 2020j using Nvidia 1000 series.

You mention 1080 downscaling. Are you referring to the above mentioned player? Any info on that? (Haven’t heard of this)

I didn't mention Fab player so don't know about that. What I DO know (and is listed in the system requirements for pdvd 17) that the display device (aka screen) must be hooked up to the iGPU or uhd will get downscaled when playing original discs. Don't have any uhd discs myself so can't say for sure if that applies too, to unprotected ones (either processed through deuhd or via AnyDVD with leaked keys).

Everything is in the PowerDVD 17 system requirements page.

I didn't mention Fab player so don't know about that. What I DO know (and is listed in the system requirements for pdvd 17) that the display device (aka screen) must be hooked up to the iGPU or uhd will get downscaled when playing original discs. Don't have any uhd discs myself so can't say for sure if that applies too, to unprotected ones (either processed through deuhd or via AnyDVD with leaked keys).

Everything is in the PowerDVD 17 system requirements page.

Oh, OK

As far as I know / tested, PDVD 17 doesn’t play 4K discs at all (black screen) if you don’t use iGPU.

Anyway, downscale or black screen it doesn’t make a difference (to me, at least)

Guys - that's insane.

I suggest playing mkv remuxes (CloneBD will do that for you, even without a license) on a good media box. Good allrounder is Nvidia Shield with Kodi which is capable of 4k HDR Netflix & Amazon Prime. Or a dedicated 4K HDR Kodi box like OSMC Vero 4K if you don't care about Netflix & Co.

Now I remember why I never wanted to upgrade. I bought and started the install today. I installed it on a 150g partition as a fresh install. All was going well and at some point prompted me to open a account at microsoft and part of that I had to scroll intensively to get to my birth year. All of a sudden the screen when black and now thats all I have a black screen. Tried to restart, repair and I may have to reinstall fresh just to see what happened. Also as of now if I reboot I can not choose my prior W7 installation.:banghead:

There are two ways on a PC.
Way 1 is with SGX Board + UHD BD drive and PDVD. For this i5 or i7 KarbyLake 1151 with IntelGraphic 630 is mandatory as this only runs on On Board Graphic.
Way 2 would be a strong PC with at least Geforce 1050, HDR is there about Windows 10 Display setting + Kodi or HDR on madVR.
Over the way 2 can be played UHD backups easily. Backups with PDVD require SGX as already mentioned.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cfAuP305Vw1vwsCAkkXCVIjr8tRCeAuK/view?usp=sharing

Back