• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Open MKV file?

Glarioo

Just purchased CloneBD, so this is all new to me.
I know that CloneBD can open an BD 2160p (folder) and transcode it to 1080p with "the correct SDR colors". Is it also possible to open an mkv file (2160p & 1080p) with CloneBD? If not, is it planned in the near future?

Just purchased CloneBD, so this is all new to me.
I know that CloneBD can open an BD 2160p (folder) and transcode it to 1080p with "the correct SDR colors". Is it also possible to open an mkv file (2160p & 1080p) with CloneBD? If not, is it planned in the near future?
There are some thoughts going in that direction, but no one can say if or when atm.

There are some thoughts going in that direction, but no one can say if or when atm.

Thank you for your quick response.
I think that this extra option, for some people, would be very useful.

Oh man, I would LOVE to see MKV source support added. I never thought it'd be considered but that would be fantastic!
Me too.
CloneBD (with an NVIDIA GPU) has by far the fastest video re-encoding of any software I have ever tried and it's a shame it can currently only work from optical disks.

Me too.
CloneBD (with an NVIDIA GPU) has by far the fastest video re-encoding of any software I have ever tried and it's a shame it can currently only work from optical disks.

I'm right there with you. I'd LOVE to be able to take some of my MKV TV recordings that I create and use the CloneBD engine to encode them. That would make my life SOOOOO nice.

I created a Blu-ray folder (BDMV) with tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 from a .mkv file (2160p). However, I could not open that BDMV folder in CloneBD. I have sent that report to elby.
Hopefully it will be (soon) possible to open .mkv files with CloneBD ...

Attachments

• CloneBD-1.jpg
    CloneBD-1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
With a 1080p .mkv file and tsMuxeR it works. Most likely is it an error in tsMuxeR that can not process 2160p properly.

Guess we can keep our fingers crossed and hope this gets added to CloneBD :)

@Pete, any further thought given to this topic? It would be a very handy feature if it were to be added.

@Pete, any further thought given to this topic? It would be a very handy feature if it were to be added.
Firstly: I'm Redfox, not Elby, it's neither our decision nor in our hands.
Secondly: I'm sure, if this will ever come, it will take a while, because it means a major, major, major redesign of CloneBD (everything in the UI represents disc structures).

Firstly: I'm Redfox, not Elby, it's neither our decision nor in our hands.
Secondly: I'm sure, if this will ever come, it will take a while, because it means a major, major, major redesign of CloneBD (everything in the UI represents disc structures).

Yes I know you're RedFox....I just figured you had some insight into Elby's thoughts. LOL

That seems like it's not very likely. sigh.

Back