• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A Christmas Story - Wrong Audio

Kazz5

I'm not certain this is in the correct forum, but thanks for any help you can lend.

I picked up this title (from Walmart or Amazon, dunno which) and wished to back it up properly as an .mp4 as I have all of my other DVDs and BDs. I complete a number of backups just fine - including a few newly-release titles - in this session but ran into a problem I've not been able to solve with this particular disc.

No matter which audio track I select, I end up with some kind of directors' comments track. AnyDVD and CloneBD are up-to-date. And CBD shows Title 2 as the appropriate Title for backing up. After deselecting all Subtitle Languages and hitting Continue, I can select either codec and am presented with Audio Channels for Stereo or Surround Sound, each with two choices: 1. English AC3 1.0, 192kbps or 3. English AC3 1.0 192kbps. No matter what combination I select, I end up with lowered dialogue and sound with discussion - I assume from the Directors or some-such.

Can someone help point me in the proper direction to get this figured out? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

AnyDVD and CloneBD logfile please. Either way AnyDVD can't modify audio playback behavior. So you'll be selecting the wrong audio track

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks. I will track them down and figure out how to post them!

AnyDVD logfile, see the 'read before you post' section on either of the AnyDVD forums. CloneBD logfile can simply be created at the end of an encode or after you abort one.

I hope they've attached properly...

Attachments

• CBD-AChristmasStory-1983-log.cbdlog
    118.4 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_87522249_A_CHRISTMAS_STORY.ziplog
    151.8 KB · Views: 3
They did fine. @Pete your assistance is requested.

No matter which audio track I select, I end up with some kind of directors' comments track.
Can you play back the video in CloneBD's preview player and then switch through the audio tracks?

There appear to be three audio tracks in that order: English, French, English

At least the English tracks are both mono only (with insane 192kbit/s).

If you only select the audio tracks through the language checkbox "English", both audio tracks will be added - maybe the first is the director's comment and that is what you get by default.
In that case, try selecting the second English track alone. (Not through the general language selection, but instead using the per-playlist settings slide-in).

Thanks, Pete! Sorry it's been so long since I got back to this.

The third track, English, is the commentary track. I didn't realize you could go into the preview and check the audio like that - will save me frustration in the future.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Back