• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cheap!!!

I see they don't tell you a brand name for them. I'll bet they are some CMC Mag stock, they want to get rid of. Remember, you get what you pay for...........

I see they don't tell you a brand name for them. I'll bet they are some CMC Mag stock, they want to get rid of. Remember, you get what you pay for...........
For the price, it's ok to have a few coasters.

A few coasters yes, but isn't dye shelf life an important issue also? I was told that the cheaper, and I don't just mean inexpensive, the media, the shorter the lifespan of the dye.

Have you ID'd them? My bet is the same as jvc...Crap Media Corp.
That price is not that great. Many retail stores sell Verbatim, regularly, for about $13 50/pk on sale and they are cheaper online.

Last edited:
A few coasters yes, but isn't dye shelf life an important issue also?

Yes it is. I purchased some cheap media when I first started burning. Less than 6 months later the movies were all but unwatchable.

This isn't always true.

I've had hundreds of successes a literally no coasters, though not with this offer with a similar one.

$20 delivered for 100 16x DVD+R's, that's 0.20 each. and they work as well as the Sony's for double plus tax a friend insists on using.

I did get mine on a holiday sale, I did get more than one and also read the reviews which is great about the net.

I paid $5 more at a time later in the year and I only shop with free shipping.

Where quality media is the biggest issue is in data backups, or massive loads of info. :mad:

In some instances a 25% load on the disc might cause it to have problems or become unstable.

Data is best handled on CD+R. :clap:

I've been going back and watching old films for over 8 months and what I would like to do in case media might be unstable is make backups of the backups eventually and duplicate backups from there forward.

I prefer the cheaper media, and haven't noticed a difference aside from saving myself some cash. Shop wise, read reviews, spend 2 hours researching and update your research every 6 months. :agree:

How you handle discs is also a huge factor, store them at room temps in the dark in cases and never touch them aside from playing them. Media is far more sensitive than a mfg'd duplicate. My friend has the Sony media and you can't even watch many of his films that are half the age of mine. Mine are in cases and are filed and play without flaw so long as they were that way on day one.

I do have some that play with some trouble, but the source wasn't the best to begin with and I've had to correct that as I go.

One film gave me reason for pause and concern. Super Troopers. Played fine the first time, thereafter problems. At a 1/4 percent error rate, +/_ I can live with that.

:bowdown:

Last edited:
This isn't always true.

I've had hundreds of successes a literally no coasters, though not with this offer with a similar one.

$20 delivered for 100 16x DVD+R's, that's 0.20 each. and they work as well as the Sony's for double plus tax a friend insists on using.

I did get mine on a holiday sale, I did get more than one and also read the reviews which is great about the net.

I paid $5 more at a time later in the year and I only shop with free shipping.

Check the quality of those copies in about 6 months.

This isn't always true.

Actually, it does tend to be. Longevity and burn quality tend to be vastly inferior on cheap junk, but suit yourself. There's a reason why most knowledgeable people and well-respected burning forums use and recommend Taiyo Yuden Premiums and Verbatim.

Yes it is. I purchased some cheap media when I first started burning. Less than 6 months later the movies were all but unwatchable.

When I first started burning I used cheap media like Memorex that was on sale. This was about 2 or so years ago, and those discs still play like the day I burned them and also they still rip onto my HD perfectly. Nowdays I only use Verbatim and TY and recieve a few less coasters then the cheap stuff, plus there normally about the same price as the cheap stuff when there on sale.

Office Max has 100 pk 16X +R or -R Verbatim for $22.99. Add the $10 off COUPON and you get 100 for $12.99

I bought a 50 pk of the newly packaged Verbatims from Office Max today for 14.99. I got plenty of the old packaged ones so I thought I'd give these a spin.

I bought a 50 pk of the newly packaged Verbatims from Office Max today for 14.99. I got plenty of the old packaged ones so I thought I'd give these a spin.

Have you ID'd them yet? Let us know how they work out.......please.

You get what you pay for

Why would you pay 22.00 for a 100 pask of crap when you could get a 100 pack of 1st. class 4 25.00 per 100 pack. Officemax 100 pk. verbs. 24.99.
BTW if you go back & try to backup one of your back-ups that was on cheap media 6 mos later I bet that your dvd reader won't even read it!!Matter of fact I gurantee it>Cheap media:(:(:(

Back